I think we can all agree about this, right?

I think we can all agree about this, right?

GiTS
>God-tier

GiTS Innocence
>Great-tier

GiTS 2.0 (pic)
>why, god, why-tier

>GiTS SAC
>God-tier

GiTS SAC2nd Gig
>dat Sniper episode-tier

GiTS Arise
>moeshit-tier

Pretty much. Arise was abysmal.

Yep.

I mean Arise wasn't terrible, it just was nowhere near the quality of the others
It was a 5th place racehorse in a lineage of winners

>tier
>dat
>moeshit
Fuck off back to Facebook, teenager.

>He didn't like SAC
Your opinion is literally worthless newfag

>He didn't like SAC
>he listed it as god-tier

Wut?

As far as I can understand OPs retarded listing scheme, he listed SAC as "Why god why tier" unless I read it wrong and now everyone will laugh at me for being retarded

I fucking loved GiTS when I was 15. I rewatched it recently (I'm 24), and honestly it's kinda shit. Awful pacing, boring characters and not nearly as "deep" as it tried to be. Babby's first existential sci-fi.

>Trying this hard to bait

>he listed SAC as "Why god why tier"

No, he listed GiTS 2.0 as why god why tier. Are you dyslexic?

Like I said I read it wrong so go laugh at me

So where does Tachikomatic Days sit?

It was a great movie for its time. It just hasn't ages well. Ever seen "Lucy"? Shit movie, but it conveys the same themes as GiTS but more effectively.

>sniper episode

man that was pretty good
i guess its time i rewatch 2nd

actual tierlist

God-tier:
GiTS

Great-tier:
GitS SAC

Good-tier:
GitS SAC 2nd GiG

meh-tier:
GiTS 2.0

pretentious-tier:
GiTS Innocence

shit-tier:
Arise

To be honest arise is only shit relative to other GitS material, compare it to other franchises and it holds up quite well.

Correct

I've only seen the first movie and it sucked. Literally just talking and exposition with no plot. How much better is the TV series?

don't watch it

Why not?

this and the worst thing about that is that people actually only ever complain about the artstyle and then pretend everything else was shit too.

What if i told you Gits as a whole sucks and Ergo Proxy is far superior?

Incoming Hollywood movie > all

hahahahaha

You don't deserve it.

What if I watch it anyway?

Is the live action going to be based on arise?
The leaked photo looked like it was from arise, with that kind of haircut.

I'm just hoping for SAC Batou. He was the best part of the show.

They fucked up his eye-lenses. No lenses = not Batou.

It would be very painful for me.

Is there no one here who likes Arise?

Then the fanboys pretend Arise had any merits to it while hiding behind the "you guys hate it because muh art style" argument

So what's the next step of your master plan?

IIRC the action was still pretty good and the plot was a decent cop-flick although it wasn't as intricate as SAC

Arise showed the biggest problem with Ubukata. He misses the point of a piece of work and at the same time tries to add his own 'message' to it.

You can see it with how he handles Mokoto's character. In nearly all of the other anime, we see Mokoto from the eyes of another for the most part. In fact, just as much time is usually spent on the supporting cast, establishing why they were needed in Section 9.

With Arise, it just felt like I was watching bad fanfiction. Mokoto could do everything better than everyone else and even when acting totally unreasonable was supposed to be seen as right. I mean look at how she treats her team and Aaraki. She constantly disrespects them, telling them to get in line or get out. She also throws all regulations out of the window when it suits her and later complains about the consequences to her actions.

That's why I hate Arise. It just felt like an absolutely superfluous story that missed the point of GitS and added nothing new to the franchise.

It's the wimpy little brother of a successful multimillionaire family of lawyers, doctors, and actors.

I have to admit i liked Arise more than Innocente though. I agree that as cyberpunk work second movie was much more relevant, but it was too derivative and experimental to be enjoyable as part of the franchise.

>like an absolutely superfluous story that missed the point of GitS and added nothing new to the franchise.
Well i can agree with that. Action and production values were pretty decent in my opinion though.

You forgot Solid State Society, OP. It was great with a fantastic score by Yoko Onno.

My favorite SAC episode is the one with a brain in a box that traps people in a movie theater but the sniper episode was pretty hype too.

Kan kouhii no voss

It's so hard to get attached to anyone in Arise, the plot feels forced, the characters have little introspection.

They should have continued SAC even after the tachikoma end there were likely things to tell, but no let's throw everything out the window and slap a big pair of tits on this thing.

Jungle Cruise was my favorite. Especially with the dub cast's performances.

PSX GITS cutscenes > GITS movie > rest

Tbh I didn't like the og movie that much. But I love Stand Alone Complex

Crashing this helicopter. With no survivors

You forgot

Manga
>GOAT tier

Where is the source material in all this shit?

Better than all tier

Isn't that SAC? The episode where that fag falls in love with not!Major?

this nigga remembers

yes. 2nd Gig ep.2 "Night Cruise"

Er since this a cyberpunk anime with adult characters the dub must be decent right?

Gits manga was first, but every entry is pretty much its own thing.

decent as far as dubs go, but it's still a dub.

The dub is great, but don't use it on your first watch.

Damn i have a hard time to find innocence in french sub, i can't even find a dub version. Also i've seen Gits stand alone complex (s1+s2) and the 1995 movie, is that an correct order?

Manga is a clusterfuck of infodumps, pinups and scribbled backgrounds.
Just like any Shirow work outside Dominion

Nowhere since any of its adaptations are at least ten times better both visually and delivering the message

If only you knew english...

What happened with major at the end of the first movie again?

She became moot

Did you choose to bring this over from the thread on Sup Forums? Because that makes you stupid OP.

You know, there were parts of Innocence that I liked, and the concept of Batou being the protagonist was great, but Jesus fuck it went off the rails in the second half HARD.

That, and some of the CGI scenes felt like they were trying to milk it for all its worth and be "LOOK, WE HAVE CGI!" back when it was hot shit for a lot of anime to show it off.

>Talking about anime on Sup Forums is bad

2nd gig is god tier.
1st gig is great tier.

Anyone playing the first assault game?

It's pretty fun.

What about Solid State Society

it's literally diet CoD for $5
a steal honestly

I know this isn't Sup Forums, but thanks for the info. I was tempted to pick it up, but being priced at just $5, I thought it must be absolute shit; especially since Japan seems to always charge up the ass for their games (guess that's just for console).

Generally, I agree. I'll never forget the first time I saw GiTS. It was in an art house-type theater in FL many years ago. Just a screen setup on a stage. Still, the atmosphere of the film worked in that type of setup. We all lost our shit when the tank appeared.

Fuck off, dubsfags.

is SAC the only animebesides Bebop and NHK where the dub cast is just as good as the original Japanese cast?