Digimon Universe
Fall 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lboUNlnKIlY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>green hair
>digimon look like they are another version of shoutmon/veemon
It's going to be shitty

Cool, it's been ages since I watched a Digimon series, not counting the Tri movies. Even if it ends up being shit, it'll at least serve as nostalgia fuel shit.

>inb4 "Hunter 2.0" or "Zero Two 3.0"

What's with those recycled V designs? Can't they think of something new? Oh well, let's see how this whole thing will turn out. I hope at least the game will be decent.

>no dinosaur/dragon and wolf/dog/fox
Skip

>What's with those recycled V designs?
They want to destroy Digimon
At least Pokemon doesn't do shit like this

This. It isn't Digimon if it doesn't have this + goggles

>We want the Yokai Watch audience.

Kouji Wada won't be doing the songs so it won't be the same.

Digimon doesn't need to, that's Yo-kai Watch's job (or at least it used to).

Considering the gimmick is apps this time, can I expect a better digimon mobile game than linkz?

>We don't want money

Yuya got a haircut and moved series.

>Main digimon partner looks like Shoutmon
Xros Wars 4.0?

Shoutmon is on the app next to the protagonist.

Xros wars 2.0 confirmed. Also Blue fists Appmon looks like Red Googlemon´s brother. I like Googlemon´evolution.

Confirmed to be trash.

Everyone's been doing this shit lately.
>Once a surprisingly dark Maho-Shoujo series retooled into a YW clone.

Which sucks, because the US doesn't care about YW, but we'll have to deal with the clones for years afterwards now.

Great. Green haired shotas are my fetish.

I hope it has at least one semen digimon.

a bit too deviant art for my tastes, but it could change, like what happened with tri's promotional poster.

What are you on about? The tri anime has the same art direction as its promotional poster.

The faces on the left have nothing to do with what they look like in the actual movies.

looks closer to gumdramon actually.

They're the same faces. You only think it looks different because the poster has an unusual perspective.

yamato and mimi kind of look the same, but everyone else is not even close. Sora and Hikari were even copy paste on the promotional poster.

Great design

The new digi-girl, it´s going to have a dress or shorts?

>Chaika Matt

>recycled designs
>Appmon
>Shitty ass green hair with lame hairstyle and shitty pants
Are they even trying here?

Better than Yasuda for sure.

>bland as fuck hairstyle
>zipped clothes make them look tight and bulky
>pants are on head retarded, looks like one sleeve is rolled up for no reason
>forcing mobage concept into a series
If you are going to take notes from another protagonists design at least take notes what makes his series good, please

Well I'll definitely be giving it a chance, been craving a new Digimon series for a long time now.

It's not a sequel, so.

Man Arc-V really became a hit isn't?

The Protagonist looks silly, that's unquestionable. The digimon looks weird too, but I thought the Xros Digimon looked weird as well and they ended up being some of my favorites, so I'll withold my judgement until I see them in the series proper.

Looks like yugioh.

At least he looks better then that shithead Tagiru.

why do these cards look like mecha versions of shoutmon and beelzebumon?

They are apps, and probably because Shoutmon and Belzebumon are the Appmons for those Apps.

Those deigns.. uggg

I feel increasingly like the Digimon equivalent of a genwunner

Head on over to WtW then. Plenty of nostalgiafags to circlejerk with there.

>now
>10 years ago

Did you just wake up from a coma?

they are worse now

>6 year old design

Almost there.

But left looks better.
If you want the exact same shit as before why don't you rerun the original serie?

I love the Shoutmon line, some parts look goofy due to kibble but that's what happens when you crash several organic looking monsters into a fighting robot.

The irony here is to an outsider I'm sure these are both "overdesigned", "edgy: and ugly designs. What I like about Digimon is that it remixes old designs sometimes, for instance while I prefer the original Greymon the Xros Wars version is very nice also. I think digimon designs have always had huge gaps in quality between the good and the bad though.

>Digimon

Digital Monsters, Digimon are the Champions!

I don't want the exact same shit as before. That's why I love Digimon, for how different it always is. But a sequel should at the very least be consistent with it's art style. It doesn't have to be the exact same, but what we got barely even resembles the characters.

first Digimon anime without Kouji Wada, I'm not sure how to feel about this

youtube.com/watch?v=lboUNlnKIlY

Yeah I'm not super hot on this one, maybe it'll evolve into something cool

no. just no.

>Dubtitles instead of subtitles

Why are you such a faggot?

Digimon is only good dubbed. Jap Adventure is horrible but in the dub is great. The jokes they added are what makes it, the original is boring and the music in the dub is good too (Not muh jpop). Also names are easier to say and more realistic and they made it more like what it is, a kids show. Jap version is boring as fuck but dub is high energy and full of fun and goodness, way better. Anyone who watches the Jap version is just a retard and everyone who watches the dub agrees with this.

The jokes are dated as fuck.

Which version are you the fuck talking about? I was talking about the German version, which is good on its own, but if the guy posts the Japanese song he should also post a real translation, and not those dubtitles which are from the German version of the song, which is a fine and great version, but has a completely different translation from what Wada is actually singing.

But the fact that you're an americunt who doesn't even realize that

a) I was not talking about the US version of Digimon and
b) I wasn't even slamming any dubs at all

is enough to tell me that you're an ADHD fat fuck retard with fat fuck parents who can't be arsed to actually read other people's postings, so I can't be too harsh with you, after all there's a vast difference between us humans and you chimpanzees.

I can't believe you put that much effort into a reply to a pasta.

Shit those digimon look like total fucking ass.

This looks like arc-v, not digimon.

That might be the worst Digimon MC design ever, the fag even rolled one pant leg up

Well Arc-V is the best yugioh series we've had in a long time, so here's hoping.

Now that I think about it, Arc-V's designs had backlash at first too.

It's not a very good design, but let's not say things we can't take back.

Oh, it was a pasta? Then he's even less intelligent than I thought. And I was bored, so it all works out in the end. Feel free to pasta my reply.

It should be called digimon V, judging by all the v shapes on the applimons.

>"V"-shape
>Apps
>A

Would they be...Turn-A, then?

The art seems really off for some reason.

I can think of better looking OC's

That MC looks so fucking bland. I've had it with the generic red-and-yellow coats on MCs, already!

I beg to differ.

nice

Why not an anime for this?

Everything in yu-gi-oh is uglier than that.

Because game adaptations are generally shit and I would prefer if my games stayed games, manga stayed manga and anime stayed anime when it comes to Digimon.

I wish they would at least hire that character designer.

What happened to Tri?

Eh. I'm fine with the more "kiddy" style for the TV anime. I mean it does look a bit off this time but it's not the end of the world.

Still ongoing.

So is it still the default "Six and a half stages" evolution or some stupid gimmicky one that will be discared and forgotten once the series finishes?

I get the feeling we won't even see evolution in this.

It's a movie series, actually.

Looks shit and will probably change a lot of stuff from prior digimon series.

>Digimon with no evolution.

>probably change a lot of stuff from prior digimon series.

You mean like every Digimon series since the first one?

that and the music are almost too good for the game.

>winter 2016
>spring 2016, we promise this time
>sorry production was slow. summer 2016 CONFIRMED
I don't believe anything that you stated.

actually including the first one, if you compare it to c'mon digimon or digimon world. No chosen, crests, or temporary evolutions there, and that's why Tamers was actually closer to the original concept.

I meant a even bigger change, that won't fit. Something that will blown digixros out of the water.

Okay? Doesn't bother me too much, I'm fine with Digimon always being different. We still have tri ongoing that's mostly the norm, so no biggie.

Yeah but the people who whine about this sort of thing usually haven't even read V-Tamer, let alone C'mon Digimon.

It's probably going to be similar to Xros Wars in that the kids can have more than one Digimon each.

I'd assume so with the whole "There's a digimon in every app" thing.

Olympos XII anime when?

I hope it will be good unlike Xros.

The people who whine about this sort of thing don't get digimon at all, in my opinion. Personally, I welcome the franchise reiventing itself and being creative, but I just wished that whenever they do that, they come out with something that is actually good.

The prior reveal looked more interesting.

Xros wasn't that bad, the only mistake was removing Zen and Akari from Seven Generals since Nene and Kiriha couldn't really carry the support character weight. Kiriha's character arc was obnoxiously repetitive.

Xros Wars manga has wacky pacing, but it would have been more interesting than the anime. Kotone was better than Yuu, who they never did anything interesting with. And they actually properly used the Xros mechanic creatively instead of being limited to Shoutmon derivatives.

Xros Wars' biggest mistake was a forced meme dub that didn't understand that it was the Sengoku Jidai with Digimon.

I worry that this new Digimon will be too much like Yokai Watch, where they go around finding new digimon in the real world, or some shit, because everything is fucking YW these days.

I'd personally like a set of inverted digidestined or perhaps something like Digimon World where one human works with many Digimon to make a settlement in the Digital World.

I agree, but I also wouldn't want the manga to replace the anime, since I did enjoy the anime a fair amount too. They can coexist happily in my opinion.

On top of that, it's Digimon. Just because it's a manga doesn't make it any less legitimate.

>biggest mistake was a forced meme dub

Isn't that every Digimon dub?

Not Tamers. Tamers was actually really good. Even compared to the likes of Adventure 02, Xros's dub is really fucking memey with Seinfeld jokes and pathetic attempts to be "hip".

Well good thing no one with half a brain, aside from kids would watch dubbed Digimon.

Please user

All of those designs up there are made to eventually evolve