Raildex NT16

Confirmed for August

>This time to defend an (ojou-sama) school? Protect the sanctuary from Element!
>It's supposed to be winter yet the temperature exceeded 50 degrees due to a sudden abnormal change in weather. The mysterious enemy "Element". In their swimsuits, Kamijou, Misaka Mikoto and the Mental Out girl attempts to defend Tokiwadai Middle School.

Yes, yes I know "it sounds like shit" but honestly Touma and Mikoto defending something could easily lead to something happening. Misaki being involved is honestly a surprise. I wonder if she'll actually do something or just be bait/eye candy for shippers and waifu fags.

Even if it CAN lead somewhere interesting, the premise doesn't seem to fit.

Reminder the swimsuits thing could also be some sort of dream/hallucination or even the Dream Ranker cards making their way into the main series

Well this is certainly a surprise. It does sound terribly out of place and as though it's brushing NT15 aside. But we have no other information on it. For all we know this is a dream Mikoto has before waking up and starting the real plot.

I hope they expand further on the imaginary number district
Hell, let some god tier bullshit logic-bending monster be summoned from there, than bring back Aiwass to fight it.

Depends on what's causing the weather change, if that's all this Elements thing can do or if it's real.

For all we know Elenents IS some sort of all powerful being. That would certainly make the volume more serious.

Assuming this is real and not some sort of dream or illusion Mikoto is having.

I kind of feel like it WILL be some sort of illusion/dream of Mikoto's because it sounds too much like something she'd come up with. Sounds like her happy place.

...Her ideal world even.

Ahem.

This is what happens when Aleister uses Archetype controller to try and distract Misaka.

Now we begin 3 months of shit flinging

Yeah, there's no way the novel is really about some antagonist that can change weather. It's some kind of trick. I wonder what the novel will truly be about

At first glance it looks like a desperate attempt to get back above 100k line with waifu/shipperfags' shekels.

It will be either
- completely out of place, fillerish, railgunfags-pandering volume with flirting, breast envy, tsun lightnings and plot happening in the epilogue
- volume starting with SoL and lighthearted shenanigans only for shit to hit the fan after some major twist
- troll volume

Anyway, I can't see it being a volume that will bring back the golden age of Raildex.

>Aleister was lying when he told Yuiitsu he wanted to kill Misaka.
>uses archetype controller to fuck with the scenario
>sends magicians against Misaka
>activates Nuit form

How would this not bring back the golden age?

Yeah it'll be out of place filler pandering unless this swimsuit shit is a dream or illusion Mikoto is trapped in. And even if it's that, it'll likely be "rescue Princess Mikoto". I'm still waiting to pass full judgement but there's only so many ways this can go without it being mediocre at best

>>It's supposed to be winter yet the temperature exceeded 50 degrees due to a sudden abnormal change in weather. The mysterious enemy "Element". In their swimsuits, Kamijou, Misaka Mikoto and the Mental Out girl attempts to defend Tokiwadai Middle School.
Picked up

Another Kamachi rused

This whole Nuit thing is so overhyped, I'd actually be disappointed if that happened.

On a side note: Touma + Mikoto + Misaki volume, the threads will be nothing but ships shooting at each other during shitstorms.

You're assuming that the novel will actually be about that. As has been mentioned it could easily be a ruse and the actual volume have little to do with the swimsuit sequence

But yes if the volume does focus heavily on those three for real, you can bet the threads will be shit

I hope the swimsuit scene is super hyped in the lengthy summary and cover next month. And I hope it's heavily focused on the opener of the volume, too, so all the waifufags and shippers wet themselves with excitement

[Spoiler] Then I hope it's revealed to be a dream Mikoto has and the rest of the volume is pure edge. Get baited and btfo waifu shipper trash

I really don't believe it's a dream.
It's gonna be some bait and switch with Elements turining out to be some deathsquad after Mikoto and her fucking up the Tokiwadai campus as a result of a battle.

>Misaki getting BTFO

What a time to be alive.

It could also be something like this. I think the dream thing is being talked about because of both the current Railgun arc and the fact fighting a bad guy in swimsuits with Touma and Misaki sounds far too much like something Mikoto would subconsciously enjoy/think up

This starting scenario reminds me of NT7, is our boy Tsuchimikado making a comeback?

>Tokiwadai volume

Will this be the volume that confirms that Kuroko is disgusting and irrelevant by not giving her much of a mention in a volume that could easily include her? I hope so.

>People actually taking the summary seriously
Watch as nothing of this matters 30 pages in and we go back to the usual.

>the golden age of Raildex.
you mean the shitty age of Raildex

Misaki a best. A BEST.

If you'll actually read the thread, you'll see that no one believes that this novel will really be about Mikoto, Misaki, and Touma in swimsuits fighting something that changes weather. Nearly everyone firmly believes it's a ruse. So where are you getting anyone is taking it seriously

Who?

The archive. It's nothing new at this point. NT15's summary was about Touma and Kamisato eating lunch together (even though the previous volume ended with them trying to kill each other) and they did exactly that for a few pages before going back to being enemies again.

Even most everyone in the archive believe it's a ruse.

Isn't Misaka going nuts?
>It's all a delusion
>Snaps back into reality to the devastation and injured students everywhere.
>Holding on to Kuroko's severed leg

It'll be some sort of illusion/delusion or dream if it isn't a distraction by
Aleister

>ojou-sama

This is uiharus chance to fulfill her dreams

Where the fuck is Kamisato in all this?

Doing harem protagonist stuff

Turning Accel into his dickslave

>mfw it's a misaki suffering from touma not remembering her volume

just kill her already. Let it end.

regardless of whether the swim suit scene is real or not, he will likely be trying to locate Yuiitsu

No one gives a fuck about Misaki, I just want to see Aleister losing his shit.

>not getting your crush is "suffering"

Fuck off faggot

Crush or not, having the person who saved your ass multiple times be completely unable to remember you still sucks.

I'm still disappointed that Kuroko didn't show up during the opening act of NT7. She would have had a rare opportunity to kick the ass of the Onee-sama-stealing ape and indulge her lawfaggotry doing so.

That's because Kusoko a shit.

So does this confirm that Aleister is taking care of Mikoto while the Kihara is taking care of Kamisato?

I wonder if there would be a way to use a mind control power on Mikoto.

I know Mental Out does not work on her, and I assume Mental Stinger wouldn't either. But is there a way around that or maybe another power that has a similar effect that Mikoto isn't immune to?

Looks like it, I can't really understand why Kamachi created her in the first place and then just discarded like that.

Looks like girls who can't be into Touma are needless in current plot.

I can't imagine that Kamachi's actually going to skip where NT15 left off or "take a break" from the main story, so my guess is that this is like the beginning of NT7, where this is just a diversion or a lead-in to something bigger.

"lel it was all a dream/in Mikoto's head" would be about as lame as just having a filler volume, too.

I don't think so. "Element" could be related to either or neither of them.

It confirms nothing except a scene of those three in swimsuits fighting something that controls weather

"It was all a dream" would be kind of lame. But "it's a delusion/illusion in Mikoto's head" could be interesting depending upon the context provided.

Misaki dies in this volume

Also no one is suggesting the whole volume is in Mikoto's head/a dream. Just the swimsuit scene

Only for forced drama, seriously. Seria is the only one that doesn't need any drama for a deep meaning and it's much entertaining to see.

Maybe if it advances the plot in some way, but it still seems to me like a way to shoehorn in fanservice shit.

What if it's a double fake out, where it actually does happen even though it sounds so implausible

Well yeah. But so would it being real and this shit coming out of nowhere

I fully expect what's described there to happen for real and actually be much more serious than it looks.

Problem is, on the rare occasions that the plot requires a teleporter, Kamachi either defaults to Awaki (unless it's a Railgun chapter/episode) or just uses magic.

It'll either be

>real and far more serious than it sounds and likely leading into something else

>some sort of dream/illusion she's being controlled by and needs to be saved from

If that's how you see it I guess, I've taken to enjoying Index novels more as standalone stories than as continuation of the plot. It's gone on far too long especially when Kamachi's strengths lie in shorter stories like Heavy Object and Zashiki Warashi

I'm fairly certain the novel itself will actually be serious in some fashion. That won't stop the rabid shipperfags here from exchanging broadsides with each other. NT11 is proof of that, with autists screaming back-and-forth about Misaka despite her barely being name-dropped in the novel and not even showing up.

>"Element" is some DARKNESS group
>One of the members have an ability related to clothes.
>Aleister/Yuiitsu sends them to attack Tokiwadai to flush Mikoto out.

The biggest problem with index is that Kamachi has introduced so many characters and concepts that there's no way he can satisfyingly tie up all of the loose ends he's created.

>an ability related to clothes

That sounds retarded.

>Magic related to clothes then

I'm trying to play the summary completely straight user.

Accelerator in a swimsuit when?

Probably never

Last Order please, you have to be 18 years or older to browse this site. Get off before you get into trouble.

>Swimsuit Mental Out
Yes!

I hope.

Is Biri Biri going to die in this volume?

Surely, and Demon lord Touma makes its debut.

When will Touma break already. His sanctuaries is already defiled. DO we need Index to be taken again for that to happen.

There is no sign about Kamisato but he most likely appears too. Unless this is a shitty novel full of SoL as everyone expected to be. and it is likely too.

Its gonna be like NT7 and become a bloodbath on chapter 2

Am I the only one who senses sexual tension between Mikoto and Misaki

Why does everyone think Index means so much more to him than anyone else?

In plenty of japanese indexfaq fanworks its always like he cant live without her and he would totally break and he thinks about her the whole time and all.

Is there some actual reason for that assumption
or just shippers gone wild?

>News has false report that Misaka died
>Etzali goes on a rampage
I'd dig it.

>Element is group sent by Yuiitsu/Aleister to kill Mikoto
>They attack a clone instead of Mikoto
>Accelerator goes on a rampage too after LO tells him that a clone just got attacked

>All this Misaka
Truly the golden age of NT.

>Mikoto's father hears about her apparent death
>In a fit of despair and rage he reveals himself to be a high tier hermetic magician

Why are the clones so cute?

>Kuroko achieves level 5

>Touma goes Demon King for a while

In spite of their autism they're complete goofballs and sweethearts

Their self-narration.

Anybody got that foreshadowing excerpt that always began with 'that'?

I'm pretty sure one of them began with
>That which is underneath Tokiwadai Middle School or something like that.

That might be relevant in this volume.

How would Mikoto react to Measure Heart?

To the ability or the character? I don't think she's too far gone to be able to bypass the ability, and she'd probably think that Misaki and her are related or something since they're both blonde, high class mental type espers.

>I can't really understand why Kamachi created her in the first place and then just discarded like that.

He prefers shiny new characters. It's not like Kuroko's the only one who's been thrown into the irrelevant pile.

It's true he doesn't constantly think of her but I think it actually is accurate to say he considers her his closest friend and does care about her a bit more than others.

The problem isn't Touma, though, it's Kamachi. He's turned Index into a caricature of herself who barely has a single line any given volume lately. She's never even in any danger anymore. Of course it's going to come off like Touma isn't concerned about her.

Touma is a hypocrite

On a scale of STUDY to Freshmen, how bad will Element be?

Terestina tier

It'll be a single person. A mage, even.
And Mikoto won't realize that as it bullshits its way into her fucking school.

>In spite of their autism they're complete goofballs and sweethearts
>In spite of
I think you meant "Because of"

I think Index has become a bit of a dumping ground for a lot of his excess ideas similarly to what the Simple Series was meant for. He hasn't been as bad about abandoning previous characters even in Heavy Object which is meant to be episodic l.

I hope this is another NT7 where Misaki gets at least some spotlight while Mikoto gets sidelined for the whole novel for being retarded.

the shitposting begins

To be fair, that wasn't really Mikoto being sidelined. The story/scenario changed like four times and it was a fun clusterfuck where everyone got time.

Post dead and irrelevant characters.

>Index
>Accelerator
>Imoutos
>Last Order
>Worst
>Kuroko
>Etzali
>Tsuchimikado
>Awaki
>Stiyl
>Kanzaki
>Sasha
>Kakine
>Himegami

>Itsuwa

The list is too great. Just be wary of the super mysterious mastermind-tier characters like Aogami and Measure heart, they are doing things behind the scenes.