Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1568

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=nitotte
youtube.com/watch?v=qKZtJmt85ns
kotobank.jp/word/に取って-592456
jisho.org/word/に取って
youtube.com/watch?v=F8oCoObsxGg
youtube.com/watch?v=hoYxTQw8cB0
youtube.com/watch?v=wM6exo00T5I
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/61881/meaning/m0u/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

出来ない
来無駄な
な無理来
いな来出

何その画像

つまねぇ

普通でいちばん

>it's a 五百旗頭 vs. Emperor episode

>subtitle in chinese font

>spend 2 years studying for 狼少女といっしょ
>it's going to be released with eng subs

But it will be way better in Japanese

Yes I suppose that's true...

The original is always better.
Translation is lossy, translation is blocky JPEG while raw is... RAW

What part of speech is とって in 双方にとって expression? Is there kanji for it?

に取って

Need help getting a proper english of this, I'm not even sure I'm getting it correctly though:

> それはフォローするつもりで自然と口にした言葉だった
I said that (or an expression like "it slipped out" would be better?) expecting a natural follow-up...

> 言ってもらって何をするっていうんだ?
Aren't you going to tell me "what are you doing"?
(not really sure on this one)

こんにちわ

let's say I'm so delusional that I actually think that I can learn japanese to a decent enough level that I can play the japanese version of Persona 5 before it comes out in the west (meaning that I might be decent enough to play it before february, not when it comes out in September).

Where the hell do you even begin? What do japanese games like Persona use as subtitles? Kanji, Katakana? I don't know shit

>こにちわ
今日は

あの舌で私のおちんちんを舐めてください

明日は

First you kill yourself to be reborn with better stats, because currently your character obviously sucks.

If you still want to keep it though, start studying the two alphabets (hiragana and katakana).
Once you've got both permanent into memory, move up to grammar.
It's relatively easy if you've got a nice INT stat.
After your grammar basics are solid, you get to read anything that interests you and with a dictionary you'll gradually get more vocab.

If you know absolutely nothing, if you study it well and don't give up at all I think you'll be ready to play Persona 9 before it comes to the west.

Imabi wa?

Do the core 2k and read a grammar guide like Tae Kim or Genki. Then play a Japanese copy of Persona 3/4. Make an Anki deck with words you see in the game that you don't recognize. After that, watch all the Persona 5 trailers and look at the press releases to see if you can find any vocabulary exclusive to that game (probably stuff about thieves). At least, that's what I would do.

You could play it, today. The question is rather how much pain you're willing to go through playing it. If you have to waste too much time looking up words, phrases and grammar it might just ruin the experience.

But I'd say you could probably get to a reasonable enough level before next february, though you willhave to put in work.
>Where the hell do you even begin?
The guide m8 Hiragana and Katakana first of all
>Persona use as subtitles?
All of it I suppose. Kana and Kanji.

I don't care if I have to work on it like a retard, I got nothing to do anyway. English isn't my native language and I've learned everything about it by myself, and yes I know it's a whole another story since we're talking about a different alphabet. I'll try and follow these advices, thanks for that.

You are lying, aren't you?
jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=nitotte

youtube.com/watch?v=qKZtJmt85ns
Does it sound reasonable to understand that in under a year? In a totally foreign and difficult language?

kotobank.jp/word/に取って-592456

If you're not independent enough to get started on your own then you might as well not waste your time any further is my advice. You have a thread dedicated to learning Japanese with a guide in the very OP, and an image telling you to read it, yet you're incapable even of that. Do you think learning a language is smooth sailing once you get started?

no that is definitely the verb that is there
it's just acting as a supplementary verb so you will never see that specific expression written in kanji
jisho.org/word/に取って

Doesn't Persona games have subtitles?

well I've been watching anime for years so yeah I definitely recognize a lot of words/expressions and I'm familiar with hearing the language, of course I have no clue if I can really understand it quickly

I've got redirected to this thread, I didn't even read the OP

The "normal" one is great for people afraid of change.

That's a Chinese font?

>I've got redirected to this thread, I didn't even read the OP
From where?

>I didn't even read the OP
You can't be from Sup Forums if you fucked up the most fundamental step.
Fuck off back from whence you came.

from another thread in Sup Forums, who the fuck cares? You seriously think anybody is going to link to a fucking Sup Forums thread from another website to learn japanese?

Bad Hop were cool for a while but now I'm getting tired of Japanese rap, anyone got music recs

I directed a guy here from Sverigetråden on Sup Forums the other day. Thought he might've coincidentally been you

きのこ帝国 (dream-pop, shoegaze)

youtube.com/watch?v=F8oCoObsxGg

爆発しろ

How bout you ignore that part and get to reading the guide you faggot

アニソン、東方アレンジ

Or THIS:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoYxTQw8cB0

just read the guide and you'll be a 日本語 マスタ in no time

Retard question time

Can anyone tell me what this say?

怖がれ
恐怖

all this for some dumb alarm clock. さすが 日本

Can I take a JLPT online, from my home? Is it free?

The cutest language.

thanks

気持ち悪い

Yes, I will administer the JLPT right now if you like. Remove your pants.

It's long, but at least it's easy to understand.
Waking up clock, i.e. that thing you want to murder every morning.

●REC

No, No.

冗談だよん~
メイビー

Not too bad for a year, right?

I don't do anywhere near enough reading, those time limits on the vocab and grammar sections were hell.

Pretty standard

うそつけ!
実はこの俺様も動物がマジ大好きです

Dear /DJT/, I am a new college student who has JPN1 starting the 20th. Besides memorizing Hiragana and Katakana, how can I not fail this course? (And maybe learn something)

What does の mean in this sentence

私にはたくさんのお金が必要だ。

>>私には(たくさんのお金)が必要だ。

Do realkana till you know all kana and read the basic and essential sections on Tae Kim
This might be far more than you'll need to know by the end of the course but better safe than sorry.

I need lots _of_ money.

I mean, I get the sentence, but I feel like I don't at the same time. I guess it's because of the adverb is throwing me off.

Start fapping to doujinshi at least 3 times a day

This.
When I increased it from 3 times to 7 times, my reading comprehension skyrocketed.

Do the homework
Go to class for speaking practice

If you study with the guide's resources even a little, or read (presumably Genki) chapters ahead of time, you will blaze past the other weebs

>t. fellow 日本語のクラスの学生

Is this you? youtube.com/watch?v=wM6exo00T5I

Someone should really create a DJT version of this.

>2 times a day
That's some scrub shit

So is there a free program like realkana or an Anki deck that shows stroke order for kanji? im good at recognizing the ones ive done already but when i try to look up new ones i dont know the stroke order and it fucks the search up. Also writing them down over and over properly helps me remember

Thanks I' up my quota from 1 to 3. These are some solid tips. Thanks

Meme-wworthy advice, but I'll make a note of it.

>2 times a day
I'm way more of a lost cause than he is.

left-right top-down by radical.

Have you not done radicals? If you learn stroke order of radicals there won't be many kanji that you won't be able to write

If you're going to go through the effort of learning the stroke order, you might as well learn the radicals and search using them. At least, that's what I did and it's worked out fairly good for me.

No one? Just checking if it's correct would help a lot because I'm not really sure about the dialogue.

For stuff like 行き, is there any nuance or preference in usage for the different pronunciations (いき or ゆき)?

I think the meaning is the same, ゆき is just more archaic.

Worse than me after ~1 year of slacking off half the time

I looked at it, but I can't really tell. Sorry. The second one is probably more like
>What are you saying I should do, having been told that
Or something. But I'm guessing.

That's actually pretty bad for a year lol.

I got 204 after 8 months, and 4 of those were just doing kanji in anki.

it's some retard from Sup Forums, they had a thread making fun of EOPs getting the gayme late and he posted some shitty broken japanese 101 sentence in romaji to prove he "knows" a bit of Japanese

Link ? This sounds like comedy gold.

no i didnt, thanks fellas ill look into them

Don't wanna look for it, I saw it yesterday. I think the sentence he wrote was "anata ga kuso wo tabette" or something like that.

Isn't that first one more like
"That was the natural thing to say when expecting a followup"

Where did you get "slipped out" from?

Idk though I don't like giving advice because I'm bad

Hanahira is garbage tho. I'm a yurifag and even I dropped it a few hours in. Literally any moege would be fine for beginners.

Meant for

The slip isn't literal, is to fit better the 口にした言葉. I don't remember seeing this before, but going with a simple "said" would be weird I guess.
From this dictionary, it means "to talk":
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/61881/meaning/m0u/

I think you're right about the natural thing being said, not the follow-up, thanks!

Thanks, user.

I can't find the last character, can someone paste it? Unless it's trad. Chinese

It's that isn't it?

It took me way too long to realise that wasn't a 刃

God damn 辺 fucking with my head

Holy shit, I was getting mindfucked searching for it, but that makes sense.

>Dear Helicopter Cherry

>We have received your request of registration. You will receive your password within 72 hours after your information is verified.

>You can take the J-CAT once for 6 months.

>once for 6 months
Fuck this shit. I want it daily.

J-Cat's not really that great, not something you'd wanna do all the time at least

Couldn't you just make multiple accounts anyway?

Oh right, I got that one but I got the 3rd one wrong. looks like 日 at the bottom but it's 田
獅子奮迅

For future reference, if you knew the first two, you could have just typed in

獅子??

On jisho, and you would have found it

wasn't sure it was really yoji but could've checked I guess

What does お前には無理だから諦めとけ mean ?
It's impossible for you so give up ?