Anyone else feel sad when seeing 30-somethings working dead-end jobs like in retail stores, grocery stores, waiters...

Anyone else feel sad when seeing 30-somethings working dead-end jobs like in retail stores, grocery stores, waiters, plumbers etc.?

Why not get a degree and work a job where you don't wear out your body?

>muh streneous man jerb!!!
Working out is best done at the gym, where you don't get permanent damage by "exercising" your joints to exhaustion.

A lot of those people have degrees.

Job market sucks.

>plumbers
Subtle b8

Man, if I was a damn plumber, I'd have some pep in my step.
One of the most vital jobs to civilization.
They don't need or want your pity.

>has natsoc flag
>doesnt think people should work
kill yourself

we evolved from making fires and hunting to sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day youre saying? Fucktard

/thred

They get paid out the ass too
hue

>Plumbers

I make almost $40/hour + medical dental vision pension annuity and a vacation account. This dead-end job will leave me retired at 59 with the same or more money coming in than when I was working. Woe is me.

t: Licensed Plumber

>feeling sorry for plumbers

Why not?

They literally fix my poop tubes while I'm on my computer, browsing Sup Forums. Then they attempt smalltalk and ask if I've taken the day off.

Of course I haven't. I'll just drop in at work later

congrats on being first of 50 plumbers to make this exact same post ITT

That's what happens when you have no drive to succeed and are dumb as fuck. You don't even need a degree to get a good job.

>plumbers
You realise they make a shit-ton of money right?

Because you're a wagie and they're often self-employed.

>plumbers

i can't wait untill you realy need one ....
make a vid of your rant and despair while you know not how to solve your shit.

basicly too much people doing the same thing because they think it's soo easy making a good job looking mediocre at best while destroying the market

i'm sick of cleaning the mess up of others

>12 replies
>50 plumbers
Burger math

No i dont feel bad. Their lot in life is due to their own decisions.

I worked as a night shift janitor in my early 20s while i went to trade school. Now im almost 30 and a machinist at a great shop. Making gobs of money and playing vidya as much as i want.

In short, fuck them for having no drive or motivation

No, not really.

The worst thing would be to be a plumber. I did it for a while in my 20s because it requires no skill, but after working in shit and piss I decided I needed a job that had some self respect. I went back to school and now make okay money as a software developer. I would never go back to 30 an hour wage slavery

>i can't wait untill you realy need one ....
I love weekend calls. You want your shitter fixed on a saturday, you are paying premium. I love giving a quote on saturday, to be yelled at....only to be called back asking when I can start. The answer is always Tomorrow, and Sunday is always double time. I don't care if someone's shitter is fucked up. Not one bit. I do care about cash in my hand before I even walk out to my car.

>basicly too much people doing the same thing because they think it's soo easy making a good job
I was shocked at how little competition there is. I can nearly charge whatever I want for house calls. I have been looking at retiring from the career 10 years early (few years) and starting an unrelated business. I could still make bank on house calls.

>Burger math
I don't know what his deal was. I don't even want to guess.

>No i dont feel bad.
I am the same way. I went through an apprenticeship. I paid nothing for my education. My job sucks sometimes, but I still make twice what any of my friends make with their fancy degrees and their office jobs. They spent 4 years and all that money in college just so they could have a shaky and insecure office job that pays $15ish.

>no skill
Nice bait. You don't "try" plumbing either. You practice it. If you only did it for a bit, you didn't know enough to even practice.

Excellent job turning your life around

A PLUS

>i am that guy working a dead end job
>i have a stem degree, albeit not from the mid tier university so i suppose thats why i cant get a job in it

I don't understand how people just "go" to trade school. Where do you get the money? How do you work a job to pay rent at the same time as doing a full time educational qualification.

I get the impression the only people who can afford that shit is people living with their parents.

Anyone can be a plumber with some pipe pipe wrenches and YouTube videos. It's the lowest tier trade job and everyone looks down on them. You don't practice shit, you're clearly in denial about how shit your job is.

>plumber
>dead end job
They work you like a fucking dog, but you'll be making six figures.

>Why not get a degree and work a job where you don't wear out your body?
Because I'm not some fucking goy who's going to drop a bunch of money or suckle from Uncle Sam's tit to get a piece of paper and no actual experience.

Yes, especially since I'm about to turn 25 and I made a buck twenty this year.

>I went through an apprenticeship. I paid nothing for my education.

You know how competitive getting an apprenticeship is these days right? In the UK at least, apprentices are paid an apprentice wage which is £3.50 an hour until they finish their qualification. Most apprenticeships last around 3 years. No one can pay rent on $3.50 an hour.

>OP isn't out of uni yet.

I have a chemistry degree and work as a chef. You have know sense of realism. Bu-but muh degree. Think straight, there are 90 people on your course in your year, when you qualify you are all applying for the same jobs. There are many other universities that also have qualified people qualifying at the same time.

>WHY DON'T PEOPLE WITH DEGREES GET THE JOBS THEY TRAINED FOR!! REEEEEEEEEE

Theres nothing wrong with crashing with your parents to get back on your feet as long as its only TEMPORARY and you're actively pursuing a plan to move out using set goals.
I moved out at 17, and due to unlucky life shit ended up moving back in for a year when i was 21. But thats the key..

You have to actually move back out again.

know=no
FUCK!

And all of them will be doing just that. Your snark at people who work in trades and provide an actual service as opposed to your average cubicle drone who hates their life proves they made the right decision and you didn't.

muh joints is for lanklets, i see you shitheads all the time out running you look like munmies with all the bandages wrapped around your joints fucking KEK

>plumber
>dead end job

I dont k ow what it's like in your country user but plumbing is a trade and here it is the highest paid trade. Plumbers make as much as your average doctors.

OP graduated with an MSc in 2015, has been working since and is now 26

>I don't understand how people just "go" to trade school.
I was paid during my apprenticeship. I started out at HALF of what "rate" was. IF you started as an apprentice where I am right now, you would be making over $18/hour + all the benefits. You are paid to learn a skill, and your pay will go up over 4-5 years MAX.

>Anyone can be a plumber with some pipe pipe wrenches and YouTube videos.
I am not disputing Joe-home maker shit. Anyone CAN do most things at the house. Most people however cannot solder. Most people do not and will not even strike up a torch. Depending on area and code, it is ILLEGAL for someone to do plumbing without a license. Check with local ordinances. Keep in mind, just because it is "simple" does not mean that you can legally do it. A water heater in the USA always requires a licensed plumber, a licensed electrician and a building permit. Every time. The joe-homemaker shit is a joke. A plumber will do shit in places that there is no youtube. I don't do residential except as side work. Everything I do is heavy industry. There is no video to tell you how to do my job.

>No one can pay rent on $3.50 an hour.

Motherfuckers go to college and live off of loans and/or mommy and daddy. Cram your millennial horseshit right up your ass. When I went through my apprenticeship, I had 1 kid another on the way and a wife who couldn't work. I still managed to pay the bills.

You will find a way if you want something bad enough. Tears and crying gets you no where.

>Your snark at people who work in trades
The worst part about us "tradesmen" is that we make enough that we can afford to basically fuck off whenever we want. I didn't work this week because I could afford to not. It has been delightful also.

>Implying sitting behind a desk all day for Mr. Goldstein is better or healthier
>Implying money is all that there is to life

Not at all, Rockfeller, the richest man in modern history, has worked on a dead end job until he was 38

I'm a lawyer and I worked for everything I have so I'm not sorry for other people's actions.

It's the opposite in Burgerland, the general consensus is trades are bottom of the barrel careers and looked down upon. Instead you should sign up for a nice 4 year college! rack up those (((student loans)))!

Not everyone's parents are willing to have their child living with them again. Also in my case my family live in an extremely isolated area and neither me nor them can afford to get me a car. If only life were that simple. If i could do that, i would.

> plumber
> dead end job

Pick one...

maybe they've just given up

>apprenticeship in plumbing
>any cistern I want
>300k starting
STEM faggots btfo

>The worst part about us "tradesmen" is that we make enough that we can afford to basically fuck off whenever we want.
Yet people still want to look down their nose at any of you, I've never understood it. Wish I had been intelligent enough to forego the meme of a college myself. I've sat in enough lectures with what is being passed off as tomorrow's "best and brightest" to know that is very much not the case at all.

I know youre trolling because you called plumbing a dead end job. Youre probably poor compared to an entry level plumber.

I don't know what your point is. Majority of people with degrees don't get to work in their desired field. Lots of people have to work shitty jobs they hate. Luckily I love my job but I wanted to be a researcher for pharma company.

no wonder pol is filled with so much hate it's a hangout for the people that deal with shit all day lol.

> Americans complaining about no jobs
> Europeans complaining about no workers, and needing to import sandniggers and mudslimes
hmmm...
hmmmmmmmmmmm.........
I wonder wat happened if white americans emigrated to Europe.

p.s. Europe is more based than America.

Well not everyone can for pragmatic reasons, but what i mean is that theres no shame in doing so if you can.
This whole "what a loser he lives with his parents" thing should really only apply to the neets that never leave

>Motherfuckers go to college and live off of loans and/or mommy and daddy.
Most peoples parents cant afford that. Loans are an option. But it's a massive risk. So i have two options. Continue in a STABLE, horrible badly paid wagecuck job, or take a shitload of loans out in the hopes that after i get the qualification i'll be set for life. But if something happens like a downturn in that sector, i'll be homeless.

It's not an easy decision.

which parallel universe is this?

This.
Nothing wrong with fixing anons pipes clogged with semen.

tradesman need people with jobs as their client base everyone can't just start swing hammers.

this

Guy at my local mcdonalds is like 45 and has this extreme look of defeat on his face.

Also he's a manlet

>plumbers
woo you nearly got me there sonny. 6/10 bait.

Jew with a nazi flag talking shit on workers.... fuck you

Rockefeller also ruined the lives of millions. 1 successful man to what, maybe 3 million unsuccessful? The disparity is even worse today - there is simply no reason to try to break the system, because it's rigged against you unless you were born into the upper-middle class or beyond.

You're saying the trades need more apprentices because no one wants to do them in the US?

You can get a side job without it being some wagecuck shit, user. Learn some basic mechanics or piping and go with that. Fixing up cars on the side or doing general handyman work can net you some decent cash.

>in retail stores
I went to college and still went into retail. I hate this generalization because I get it a lot as a 30 something who works in retail. I'm a store manager and I make career money. Not every retail job is some 11 dollar an hour crap but when I tell someone I'm a manager at (insert big box store here) I always get the same fucking look of judgement.

Sure. However I think a lot of people as of late have been forced into a path that they weren't necessarily suited for and would succeed in. Colleges don't need more English majors; if you want that get a library card.

Yep, they are actively looking for people, old timers in my trade(electricians) were always saying no one wants to work a trade anymore.

I got a degree, NEETED for 3 months, applied for jobs, got four interviews week of, turned down a couple, and then signed a contract 3 weeks later. im have a degree in civil engineering, and i make 50k. i get to work 35 hours a week and consider it 40 (half days on fridays). shits ballin, and goes up from here. got debt dho

>m-muh job market

How does working retail, grocery, being a waiter, or plumber wear out your body. None of them are physical. Manual, sure, but not physical. Plumbers are usually fat slobs.

50k as a civil engineer? Jeez STEM is saturated as fuck now.

I don't know what you are talking about, but like I said. Apprenticeships are paid. They pay better than minimum wage. You are just being contrary. I am talking facts, and you are talking about some shit about the poor underpaid people who will never amount to anything.

I say fuck them. I will trod across their faces on my way to financial freedom. They can clean my shoes at the airport, they can play a guitar on a street corner. I don't give a fuck. The reason I know you are being a fuckhead is because I see 20-60 apprentices making it every year, and the ones that are smart are doing quite well. Don't project your mental blocks onto things you don't understand.

>plumbers

Plumbers make great money you retard

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.
Plumbers make very good money.

>went to college for psychology
>only career option is 50k/yr store manager
lmao

Best Buy isn't the store I work at but for a random example, according to Glassdoor Store Manager salaries at Best Buy can range from $81,301-$87,598. That's nothing to scoff at.

A friend just got into an apprentice program with a small plumbing business. Their work has slowed down so he hasn’t had hours for the last 2-3 weeks. The apprenticeship said he can’t switch to a different business because lack of hours isn’t a good enough reason. Should he just start over with a bigger employer and start over? He’s about 6 months in.

No. I'm saying apprentices in the UK are paid half the minimum wage. It might be all swell and easy over there in burgerland, but it's not so easy here.

Shove your nepotistic boomer brainwashing up your ass

can you own guns in europe??

Your body wears out alot faster with a degree, sitting 8 hours a day in front of a computer.

I make quite a bit more than that, actually. Most Store Managers do. I didn't study psychology btw, I studied Logistics

And dont have to deal with any feminism or office politics whatsoever.

Good luck getting the store management job if you're just an average joe. Most companies will bring in actual people with business management degrees. That fucker working the floor trying to sell you the new Battletoads game won't ever get there.

I belong to a union so I didn't even pay a cent for my trade education, they put you to work right away making ok money from the get go while you go to night school twice a week. 5 years of this gets you a 80K+ plus job guaranteed.

This was meant to be @ you

And that's mostly due to our education system being fucked beyond belief.

>common core dumbing things down and a general "everyone (brown) is a winner" atmosphere
>schools dumping shop electives, home economics is a myth nowadays
>college is always pushed, trade schools are unheard of
>quality of education, food, and staff have plummeted in the last 20 years

I already am the Store Manager, I have a degree in Logistics. And you're right, we don't typically hire internally. I wasn't.

90s mustangs were so hideous wtf were they thinking

45k is average for entry level for this area and degree. saturated, tho? no. Interest came easy and quick, and I turned down several offers. I could of had a 55k spot if I could have handled a 45 minute commute. After declining, they asked me to give em a call to discuss my reasoning because they are literally having issues filling the job posting for the entry level traffic engineer.

all interviews were less than 5 minutes and casual too, none of meme sterotypes of personal questions and salesman techniques. comfy

We don't 'need' to import sandniggers and mudslimes, that is what (((they))) want so they can make easy money via supressed wages and oversaturated competition. Natives don't like working for pennies when the cost of living is so high and welfare doesn't like giving to them. Unfortunately more and more people are finding it harder to get by when most degrees aren't worth the paper they're written on and put them in debt for the next 20 or so years.

>plumber
>dead end job

I usually pocket around 150k and my entire job is basically telling kids where to jackhammer.

WOW IT'S ALMOST LIKE CAPITALISM IS GARBAGE AND FORCES PEOPLE INTO SHITTY LIVES

REALLY MAKES ME THINK, WHAT IF WAGE SLAVERY FOR THE

>plumbers
>dead end job

here's your (you)

Exactly. It's pointless.

I guess you live in an area with a low cost of living. Engineers here in the Bay Area can make six figures - of course, that's for anyone that can beat the system. The "STEM shortage" is a myth; America has all the labor it needs from India, Mexico, and China, because those workers will work for less than what we want, which lowers the median wage because of competition.

That's why I just want this stupid capitalist system gone. None of us are gonna win, unless CEOs browse Sup Forums.

>plumbers make as much as an MD
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' 2006 National Compensation Survey, pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters nationwide made an average of $23 an hour, or about$46,000annually for a typical 40-hour work week
>$23 an hour to be a doctor in Australia
Nobody cares about saving Malaysians apparently

>there is no video that tells you how to do my job.
Yes there is
>water heaters require a lisenced plumber and electrician.
No they don't, what are you fucking talking about. This is why I left the industry all these low IQ trades people think their job is important. You have to pull permits for everything in this country. Who cares. Pull it later if you want

>Plumber
>"Dead end job"
I lol'd

What's pointless? I'm happy working where I am. My entire point was that not all retail jobs are sad dead end low pay min wage shitshows. I was saying that I 100% get judged when I tell someone "I'm a manager at X- big box store" despite the fact that I probably make quite a bit more than the people who are judging me. There's no shame in working in retail

>tfw seeing all the butthurt white collar guys in the thread BTFO because they realize they got jewed.

>I belong to a union
Same

>I'm saying apprentices in the UK are paid half the minimum wage
Learn to budget. Blame your lawmakers. Did you cuck your infrastructure before or after joining the EU? It is irrelevant how little the pay is. You could be PAYING for an education at a college, but yet you are telling me that this career pays you to learn a skill....and bitching that its not enough. You are an idiot, and your argument is flawed. You are presenting a situation where that person is doomed to fail because of their choices (I think you are projecting)

You:
>Can't afford to get paid to learn a skill, and refuses to apply for grants and loans for college.

Totally flawed logic. Might as well be living in india, because you are describing a Dalit. What you are saying sounds like some caste based Britain. Is there a caste system in England or are you just talking out your ass?

who here /crackdealer/ ?

>belong to a union
How much do unions shove PC crap down your throat in America? It's pretty bad in Canada. Most unions have ties to the socialist NDP party and shill pretty hard for them.

This

Also, as long as people are happy, why care? Some people find happiness outside their job; family, house, hobbies, vacation, etc.