Is Buddhism coupled with Paganism /ourreligion/?

>Buddhism was founded by Siddhartha Gautama who was described as having blue eyes and black hair. He was also described as being from Lambini Nepal where the Indo-Aryan people dwelled. This makes it rather likely he was white in race.

> Christianity was founded by a Jewish middle easterner with a group of Jewish middle easterners.

> Buddhism teaches that life is suffering due to us being over attached to things and not accepting everything is temporary. To obtain happiness is not to care about nothing and do nothing but simple accepted that whatever you do or have is only for a moment. It also teaches that often unhappiness comes from our bad attitudes and unrealistic expectations and desires. It doesn’t really take that much to be happy with the right attitude. Kinda reminds me of Epicurean philosophy.

> Buddhism gives you a clear path and set of guidelines to help you overcome delusion attachment and obtain satisfaction through the 8th fold path.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/sep/17/rohingya-muslims-flee-amid-ethnic-cleansing-claims-in-pictures
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Christianity teaches in a way to make virtue out of sucking at life, not discussing at all really how over attachment to things to harmful but enjoying them while they last and accepting they’ll be gone is acceptable. Living a middle way. Instead, Christianity makes a sort of slave morality, the meek for they shall inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5) , forgive your enemies and pray for those that persecute you (Matthew 5:44). Essentially say, “who gives a fuck about this world and trying to thrive and be happy in it when you’ll be in heaven. A place that there’s no proof exists.” Buddhism is about finding happiness while alive.

>Buddhism is also often paired with another polytheistic religion due to their belief in reincarnation spanning multiple planes of existence. One being the realm of gods. So this religion can also be paired with a practice, belief, and study with, say, the Norse Gods.

Now, I personally wouldn’t believe in this supernatural element but it is readily available. I personally believe in reincarnation in the sense that I’ll live on in part genetically through my kids and family. My genes will be passed down - who I am - through the generations and get to live multiple new lives. I also believe it in the sense that my actions will constantly cascade through the generations and all times due to their effects, making me somewhat apart of each new life cycle. I think this approach is much more scientific than Christianity and I think it’s superior as it causes me to care more about this world and what happens in it then if I thought I was simple going to throw up the peace sign and chill in heaven for ever. I also don’t literally believe in the Norse Gods but I think they teach valuable lessons at times in studying them and they are the gods of my Danish/German ancestors.

So what do you say Sup Forums? Want to become apart of the religion that focuses on this life and is founded by white people or continue following the Jew on a stick?

Buddhism is the final red pill always has been

Yes

Buddhism sucks, just because its better than Islam and Christianity doesn't make it good.

I don't want to give away all my shit.

I don't want to avoid seeing my parents/children because wanting is bad. It's a gay religion for gay people and any westerner who adopts it is a homo.

What? Where does it say in Buddhism that you have to avoid family to be happy? It just states that you should recognize that your parents will die eventually and so will your kids. To accept this fully and not be surprised when it happens and try not to be upset. To accept the intemperance of the world. However, you still can - and should - enjoy and value your family while they are alive. We are social creatures after all, we live for the bonds we form. We just have to accept it when they go away.

Also, you don't have to live with nothing. Buddha himself tried that and almost starved to death while fasting. He taught to live a middle ground. You should recognize that material items and wealth won't bring you happiness but you also should still have a way to drive around to see your friends, shelter to weather the elements, food to live. Books to learn. etc.

Thanks for sharing the quote. The Jew fears the samurai.

In what way? Buddhism teaches that shit happens and you should just be a cuck and accept it which is why most Asian governments are atheist communist ones which know they can do what they want to the hivemind Buddhism has produced.

Also if you're poor, ill, a loved one of yours dies or you suffer any other misfortune, it's for the actions of your past self in another life and you need to be guilty for it even though you can't remember it and are literally a new person.

Buddhism is blue pilled.

> Buddhism teaches that life is suffering due to us being over attached to things and not accepting everything is temporary. To obtain happiness is not to care about nothing and do nothing but simple accepted that whatever you do or have is only for a moment. It also teaches that often unhappiness comes from our bad attitudes and unrealistic expectations and desires. It doesn’t really take that much to be happy with the right attitude. Kinda reminds me of Epicurean philosophy.

You understand that's basically what Jesus' story is there to teach, right?

Both are extremely similar ideas once you stop being an antagonist and allow yourself to see the objective value in both doctrines.

The fact of the matter is, there's a lot the two have in common, and with good reason - life IS suffering, and to transcend your materialistic animalism IS divine.

Buddhism teaches that in life there is suffering and that's caused by being over attached to matters and thinking they'll last forever. Not accepting the intemperance of the world and everything in it.

That doesn't mean you should be complacent with all the bad in the world and roll over on everything. That doesn't mean things are worth exploring and experiencing for the time they do last. Just look at the Buddhists in Myanmar fighting against Muslims.

theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/sep/17/rohingya-muslims-flee-amid-ethnic-cleansing-claims-in-pictures

Is that blue pilled?

Also, reincarnation teaches that what happens in this life is due to the actions of our ancestors. That what is happening now is due in part to the world our parents and ancestors created and the world of the future is the one we will build for our kids and grandkids. If that sounds worse and blue pilled in comparison to saying, fuck, and peacing out to heaven then I don't know what to say. Besides saying there's no proof heaven even exists.

Buddhism is literally the religion of SJW's and progressives as we so often see. That it teaches that bad things that happen in your life is "karma" for your actions in a previous life is naturally a wet dream for liberals.

Cucks probably believe their shitty life is karma for being a slave owner in a previous one. This just exemplifies their pre-existing white guilt.

Meanwhile Christianity teaches stoicism. Can't fix something because it's out of your control? Don't worry. Can fix something? Fix it and stop worrying. Stoic philosophers influenced many early Christians who adopted the philosophy noting the similarly of teachings.

Pic related. Christian stoicism is red pilled.

Buddhism is based, the true religion of the swastika

We could've had Buddhism in the 19th century or some form of Taoism, but it never came to pass. We would not have the problems we do this century had this conversion been more than a ubiquitous curiosity.

your religion is Larping you faggot

The only true religion is understanding that we will never know the truth.
All we have now and all we have within that now is our knowledge and our ability to make proper usage of it for either our own or society's good.

>following Pleb religion

>Buddhism coupled with studying pagan religion in a secular fashion is larping

wat? Ok, have fun kissing a vial of a saint's blood in a catholic church, eating the flesh of a dead jew, or what ever you guys do.

This is true. In fact a lot of imagery from Buddhism was appropriated by the Nazis. Maybe we weren't told the full story.

>Buddhism teaches that shit happens and you should just be a cuck and accept it which is why most Asian governments are atheist communist ones which know they can do what they want to the hivemind Buddhism has produced.
>being this anarya

Buddhism teaches that suffering must be conquered through nirvana (end of rebirth). 'Shit happens' means that buddhists would continue in the stream of samsara being cucked into seeking shekels from jewish bosses. Asian governments generally hate buddhism because it's far too red-pilled for the masses, that's why they prefer atheism (blue-pill).

>Literally the religion of SJW's

What does that have to do with any of the aforementioned points? I've met plenty of blue pilled sjw Christians in my time, as well. Aka. my local Lutheran Church giving Africans food gibs so they can bread outside their means and starve to death when the gibs stop. Or talking about bringing over shit skin "refugees" that are really a bunch of military aged men that'd do nothing but be poor and commit crime.

> Christianity teaches stoicism

So too does Buddhism, it teaches everything changes or ceases and should should accept that. Delusional over emotional attachment to things is the source of unhappiness. You should simply accept life for what it is and try to work with what you got in a clear light. How is that not also stoic? It also comes without all the slave morality and living for an non guaranteed afterlife and not giving a shit if this one objectively sucks.

I don't follow any religion because I was raised a godless atheist by leftists. The fuck am I supposed to do though, just pick a religion like it's a clothing style?

No, you pick it based on the value it brings to your life and what seems to be the most logical belief system to help you traverse this confusing fucked up world.

Kek

>Buddhism teaches that shit happens and you should just be a cuck and accept it

This is the most retarded thing I've read on Sup Forums today, and that is really saying something.

Nevermind, this is.

Buddhism is different from the concept of Western religion.
The main thing of teaching in Buddhism is not God.
It is disengagement from anguish and sadness in the mind, and how should we live.

Buddhism is paganism you dumb fuck.

That's not reincarnation you retard, that's just atheism trying to give a meaning to life.

Buddhism is almost always coupled with another polytheistic religion, in Japan it's Shintoism and in South East Asia it's usually some local pantheon. That's what I was talking about. Also, is Buddhism pagan? Depends on the definition.

>a religion other than one of the main world religions, specifically a non-Christian or pre-Christian religion.

This is the definition of paganism. Buddhism is a major world religion so it's usually not described as pagan. Just like how Islam usually inst. But this is just semantics and doesn't really matter. Just like your comment.

You're right. It's not really reincarnation but simply a secular view into what the main idea behind the belief is/ could be. I wouldn't really believe in the supernatural elements but interpret it in a more secular way and enjoy it more akin to a philosophy. Might be called a bastardization by some, or its evolution by others.