What's been the worst dub in recent memory? Let's say from 2010 onwards

What's been the worst dub in recent memory? Let's say from 2010 onwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao
youtube.com/watch?v=A4i0f7tCh5E
youtube.com/watch?v=C80qgl0T4zE
youtube.com/watch?v=UnJ8cmaT3Ek
m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2CgxM0l0WA
youtube.com/watch?v=jZEERtZjlLs
youtube.com/watch?v=McRIyh1t4mg
youtube.com/watch?v=I9PtuRV0uto
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How am I supposed to know? I don't watch dubbed anime.

>dub
not even once

Usually dubs are pretty good.

Based on the trailer that was posted a few times, I'd say the English dub for Love Live.

Funimation actually apologized for this line.
youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao

most dubs are amateurish. cant even listen to them

THESE dubs.

>21
I'm sorry.

Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse has the number one WORST dub I have ever heard.

>watching dubs

Fuck off.

all of them

Gatchaman Crowds

With all the atrocities out there, who the fuck has time to make comparisons?

Just about any dub you encounter is going to be the most unlistenable piece of garbage right up until you find another one. Pretty much the only criteria for a good dub would be if the actors talk like human beings in conversation, instead of whining every single line. The real mystery is why so many dubs fall short of this very low bar, and people still buy them.

Well some dubs are tolerable.

If you watch straight up subs all day then you have no real opinion against dubs. You are too used so Japanese that you wouldn't even give English a second thought.

That being said I usually see if dub sound good. If not then I just watch the sub. I'd rather enjoy Japanese voices and read what they say rather than listen to intolerable amateur English voices.

lol get a load of this fuckboy. If you watch dubs you are a faggot.

I'd say akame ga kill's dub was sorta bad.

The Doraemon dub isn't that bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=A4i0f7tCh5E

Of course some dubs are tolerable, but most aren't, and that's terrible. But this isn't necessarily a language preference. What happens when you have a cast of decent voice actors, and the original Japanese VA's fucked up so badly it sounds like they're reading the script for the first time? Are you really going to imitate someone else's failure, when you could do better? Whatever it is you're trying to preserver is going to be hard to defend when the Japanese VA's are actually better than yours and nobody can match their performances.

On second thought that last scenario never happens so there is no point.

The three that immediately spring to mind are Prison School, GuP and Love Live

I only watch subs because the waifus sound cuter that way.

The bigger titles like FMA and Gurren Lagann had unreal dubs tho.

Reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=C80qgl0T4zE

I watch everything subbed simply due to the nature of I've been following seasonal anime since about 2006. Anything past that point and It'll just be a matter of no dub existed. There's some old dubs I like, but there's also a lot of older japanese VAs I like as well, so I tend to prefer the japanese more often than not.

>best case scenario for english dubs is that they're not terrible
>watch them anyway

I haven't watched a full dubbed show since my first month of being into anime. The dubs I watched at the time I liked, but now if I try to listen to anything it sounds terrible, like they aren't trying at all.

Most anime is amateurish. Dubs should feel right at home.

Make sure you don't cut yourself on that edge user

So you've been a month without dubs, huh?

Haha I know, I really enjoyed it but can't recommend it to any of my friends who watch dubs. Are there any good dubs? All the ones for my favorite shows are too shitty to rec and would make me look like an idiot

If I really like an anime I'll usually rewatch dubbed if it has one. I actually have no real preference, but there are bad dubs, but no bad subs.

Kill la kill.

Sorry for what?

Our daddy taught us not be ashamed of our singles.

>dub

Nonon was pretty good

Sucy's performance was one of the worst things I have ever heard.

Infinite Stratos

What the fuck

oh fuck don't remind me
listening to that dub made me want to kill myself

These nuts.

Hey, give that user's dubs back

mm, I see that

your daddy gave you good advice

Usually dubs are really bad, even when the voice quality is good, because of the difference between english and japanese as far as lip synching is concerned. Even the best english voice actors end up having stilted, awkward syntax to the ears and eyes of native speakers.

I couldn't make it more than 10 seconds into that. That was one of the worst things I've ever listened to

I know it was her first time voicing for an anime, but goddamn. I didn't even sound like she tried.

Made me never want to be curious about anything ever again.
youtube.com/watch?v=UnJ8cmaT3Ek

Danganronpa's dub made me wanna jump off a bridge desu

I thought that was actually kinda cute

Uuhhhhh no.

Ika musume. fucking squid puns

I liked satsuki t͏bh

But that's the best part of it.

Sup Forums should is the worst place to ask that question, yet I can tell you all of them are shit.

The pain adds to the flavor

An actual pretty amateurish dub (and not just the default all dubs are bad) is the one they gave Sakamichi no Apollon. I'm not sure how that got pulled together, but it seemed to be very cheaply done.

>lol

kill me baby probably has the worst dub

Anything by Sentai Filmworks. Listen to any one of their dubs and you just want to punch whoever was the director.

They casted Jessica Nigri as Sonico

Good. Next they need to apologize for making Andre fucking Gollum.
Honestly, I'd say the Prison School dub was absolutely abysmal, and an easy contender for this thread.

Does French anime count?

Which one was that again, they all sounded the same.

I don't think I've even watched a dub since like 2007.

Log Horizon's Dub was fairly atrocious

No one is gonna check my doubledubs?

I like dubs

All I know is they made Nyanta a suave black man. I'm OK with that much.

Toradora was atrocious.

The german dub for the UBW movie was the best and worst thing I have ever heard.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2CgxM0l0WA

Le Jive Chat Noir is worth watching the Dub over the Sub

Fate prisma was pretty bad. I hated Illya's voice.

Keit-ai.

youtube.com/watch?v=jZEERtZjlLs

Well I'm not an autist. I wont go nuts watching dubs. I love the english language. However I dont like it when It sounds like they are reading off a dictionary and looks unnatural.

I, and many others here dont know how to speak japanese so we really dont know how natural japanese sounds. So it really doesn't matter to us how it sounds. Doesn't mean they are bad Japanese either, we just cant tell which one is good or not.

Thats why many feel dubs are terrible. Its amateurish and to obvious. While japanese is something we dont exactly know. All we do is read dialog anyway.

who are you quoting?

Every time I hear that girls voice I think of Martial hearts.

DAILY REMINDER

youtube.com/watch?v=McRIyh1t4mg

These.

what the fuck

Isn't there a dub of monthly girls where everyone sounds like they're forty?

Thats old as shit
I dont remember

youtube.com/watch?v=I9PtuRV0uto

I was always disappointed that the strike witches dub didn't try to be campy and give all the girls cheesy accents.

Everyone talking american made it truly awful.