2001 Nights - Issue 3

Posting some 2001 Nights for the sci-fi fans new to manga and have never heard of Hoshino Yukinobu before. It's a collection of hard sci-fi short stories about mankind's struggle to adjust when the space frontier is open at last. This is the flipped Viz version so read LEFT to RIGHT.

Thread from 2 days ago for those who want to read through the second issue:

>flipped Viz
who the fuck came up with that abominable idea

It used to be more of the norm back in the 80s and 90s when manga was still new so they didn't want to alienate readers too much. I think it was only from the 00s that they realized their intended readership preferred the original Japanese order, so they switched over.

I was wondering when this thread was going to be.

I meant to post it yesterday, but I was too busy last night. I won't be posting one tomorrow either.

Neat.

>take a planet's worth of anti-matter back to earth

yeah this is an awful idea

What are man-made disasters, if not the history of a road paved with good intentions?

>hard sci fi
>doesn't know how matter works

"Remnants" it's not like they cease to exist, they just reform moments later

Was that something known back in 1984, when this manga was drawn?

Fuck yeah this was the best chapter out of a shitton of best chapters.

Yeah, the Lucifer arc was awesome.

Does anybody know how they say the Mu Drive works or remember what chapter they talk about it? I've been looking for an explanation for a while

Sorry, I don't know either. I'd have to re-read through the whole thing. Maybe I can answer by the time I finish posting the whole series.

Thanks man, oh shit you're hox wtf you do the scanlations right??

Yeah, I translate manga in my spare time.

Dude awesome, thanks a lot for all the scans, man. I read so much manga and I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to do the translations. I read your Biomega, historie, ashita no Joe, and I remember staying up anxiously waiting for when you put up the Punpun volume 13 release. Thanks again my dude

Hope you get around to reading Innocent Children's Crusade and My Name is Nero if you haven't yet. They're two complete series I most recently translated.

Hell yeah I'll definitely check them out next thanks!

And that's the end of Issue #3. I'll post Issue #4 Friday night.

Based

how many issues are in this series?

Viz released it as 10 issues. And then there's a spinoff-sequel 2001+5.

nice! as always thanks for the dump

Hoshio seems to be a huge westaboo.

Yeah he can't get enough of using symbols and motifs taken from Western mythology. He does stories based entirely on Japanese mythology too, though, if you've ever read his Munakata manga.