RIP goddess

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=764691
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=764911
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=765143
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cicada noises
No.

RIP uploading the Koran a thousand times to the non light novels folder under various spellings.

It's sad that they also kicked out all novels which are closly related to anime and manga.
Like LoGH, NHK or Tatami Galaxy...

Wait, seriously? At the very least, novels that have anime adaptations should be retained.

Yeah I also think so.
But I believe they are throwing every novel out which does not have an entry on mangaupdates.

What about artbooks, are they still allowed?

Well they are on mangaupdates.
And you can still find them on the page.

So... nothing really lost. Fine.

nothing of value was lost

>LoGH
>nothing lost
k

And thus, it begins its downfall.

You wish.

Sucks that they are also getting rid of the raw manga. I can get scanlations from 32763 different sources, but raws are a bit more difficult to find and it was convenient for uploading stuff myself.

Speaking of raws, it's been almost a month since jcafe died. Is there anyone that has any clue what happened? Any word from the admin or anything?

Wait, why are they stopping raws? That stuff gets deleted in most places, and it's on mangaupdates.

> Cicada noises
Stopped reading there.

Doesn't feel like anything has changed.

I agree with everything but raws. I liked that secret club had raws.

Fug
RIP Raws ='(

>jcafe down
>goddess going to shit
So where am I supposed to upload raws now?

Nyaa

Just ask the guy who runs it in the IRC. There are fuck all places for raws and there's nothing wrong with Madokami having them.

I'm willing to upload shit once and forget about it, not leave it seeding all the time in case someone feels like downloading it.

How likely are they to actually change their minds if enough people ask?

Time to bid the chinks

I really doubt non-light novels are placing an immense stress on the servers

Probably will if there's enough people. Raws are pretty important.

If I am reading the post correctly, the reason is not at all stress on the servers.
It rather seem to be the effort required to keep the non-light novels in a proper quality (removing inferior/broken/dublicates, making sure the context actually is what its labeled as, and so on.)
And if not enought people on staff (or unregistered volunteers, whatever) care about non-light novels, it gets the axe.
I'm actually surprised MU is continuing to index light novels as there seem to be a really low interest in novels from most mods.

Why the fuck would you stop allowing to upload raws, especially with jcafe being down right now?
Fucking bullshit

>MU
Manga updates shouldn't index Chinese shit and light novels, it just makes a mess of the releases page. I mean, there's fucking novel updates, I don't need that shit on Manga Updates.

Well, I'll admit that the raws section can be a bit of a clusterfuck since it isn't automatically organized like translations are, but I'd say that's acceptable if it's literally the only good place left to put them.

just buy the tanks from amazon to be quite honest

Differentiating LNs and non-LN prose is a mistake. There's nothing about LoGH and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon that makes one an LN and one not an LN, beyond the largely arbitrary and ever-changing whims of publishers.
LN is a marketing buzzword. Don't fall for the meme.

This
100% this

Please read the whole post before you comment on something.
> and it was convenient for uploading stuff myself.

so? I don't give a shit about your uploads, retard, clearly no one else does

Why do you hate on raws this much?

Ah, so this is my despair.

Congratulations! You learned something new today.

What exactly happened. I expected it to be something like gookshitters started uploading their crap on there

I do, fuck off.

Ok Muhammed, now go spread the faith somewhere else.

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here, but these people don't want "weeb shit" , but they're saying weeb shit like *cicada noises* and their thing is called madokami. Who are they trying to fool?

Yes, you are misunderstanding. They're limiting the scope of the site to only "weeb shit" as in translated manga.

Only thing I will miss is raws.

Ok, contact the admin so we can redirect all of that stuff onto a different extension site. We run on donations to pay for all the expenses for the new servers and domain.

If we do make a new site, we should probably try and keep it off Reddit this time.

Not only don't I see that happening, I don't see it as necessary. I would suggest we simply have a thread where we upload raws to dropbox or whatever, then coordinate a translation, and then upload it when we're done.

>upload raws to dropbox or whatever, then coordinate a translation, and then upload it when we're done.
That would work for maybe a tiny percentage of what gets uploaded. If I buy a magazine and want to upload it, I'm not waiting around for someone to pick up a series in there and start translating it. All I want is to be able to upload shit and forget about it, and then someone who sees the file can then download and do whatever they want with it at any point in the future.

There are a number of systems for distributed datastores in existence. Since the information isn't sensitive or anything, it can be fairly lightweight.

Dropbox has shit deleted or something gone missing all the time, I suggest we don't do that, especially content that big.

If you want to share with the japanese there's haruka-yumenoato but I'm not sure if they allow unresized raws

Yes, most file sharing services tend to delete stuff, have a filesize/total space limit and/or links expire. I wouldn't use any of them for long-term storage.

Don't think I've heard of them before, what makes it any different from other share raw sites?

>I'm not sure if they allow unresized raws
If they don't, they're utterly useless and a waste of time.

...is the number of raws uploaded really that great?

No, they just can't manage it because they are lazy.
Like most of the people here.

Decent enough to be substantial, and it's the default place to put raws so other anons can find them later.

You can post links there, a lot of raws originate from that site

I see. I'd rather not use them though, I don't want to have to resize or go through shitty DL hosts.

>focusing back on translated manga
It sounds like a positive change.

sage.

There are plenty of other places to get translated manga if you need to, but not raws at the moment.

>saging a thread on page 1

Less places to get the raws so we can translate them is not a positive change.

What is this shit? Why doesn't it upload chapters from batoto anymore? Kissmanga downscales images

And nothing of value was lost.

In fact, this just made other things more valuable.

Batoto started taking measures to ban bots.

Jesus fuck

It is getting more and more annoying to keep up with scanlations, fuck this shit.
Batoto really turned into a piece of shit.

Why do people care about online reading? Seems like the most useless feature.

They do? I thought Kissmanga kept the original res.

Remember when you had to visit the scanlators own site and download releases? Welcome back.

Batoto x1600 png
Kissmanga x1040 jpg

>Batoto really turned into a piece of shit.
To be fair, the intent was to block all the manga[animal] aggregator shit sites spamming them to the point that it was slowing down their servers. The goddess just happened to be doing the same thing.

Not the same user, but I noticed some releases are resized while others are normal.

I think Kissmanga picks up garbage from literally anywhere so it might just be down to luck. They might not resize and alter the image themselves, they might just pick them up already resized. Don't take my word for it though, as I have never really used the site for any significant amount of time.

Batoto has not implemented any hard measures against content scraping. It's still pretty easy.

then upload it to madokami you fuck

Too much effort and my existing code is not intended for upload.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but if you pass a certain amount of requests per hour or hit the 404 page too many times you're assumed to be a bot and therefore banned. There was one Chrome extension that tracked new releases by spamming with requests and got all its users banned the first day they implemented it.

What is this?

Guess it doesn't matter cuz it's shit now

Some shit site run by a shit fanbase.

whether it's a website ?

what it means if a website has been closed ?

>people even mentioning kissmanga
absolutelydisgust.jpg

English.exe not found

So, where is that archive by that guy who donated bitcoins to mangatraders?

Yeah, god forbid anyone mentions anything. If we shut our windows hard enough, the rest of the world will disappear.

It was uploaded to nyaa 6 months ago.
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=764691
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=764911
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=765143

what website ?

It really is surprising. I didn't think there were that many people still reading things on these garbage ass aggregators. How hard is it to go to the scantlators site and download it? Or if all else fails, at least grab it off of mado, if it's not some shitty rip there itself.

mangafox

See

Oh shit, thanks, I thought it was dead in the water and tried to make a sarcastic comment. Seems like not-so-bad things can happen.

>mentioning a site=reading shit on it
Literally the only reason it came up is because madokami leeches from it. Are you people completely retarded and unable to follow a simple 5 post long conversation?

but the website still works

I'm fine with Batoto, since it's the scanlators themselves uploading it there. I just use some CSS/JS to load the whole chapter on one page and it's much easier than downloading.

i wish