NASA *finally* acknowledges her!

It's about time NASA thanked the black woman who made space exploration possible. Too bad it took a Hollywood documentary to force them to admit her genius.

Good. No problem with that

she looks aryan to me

She was essentially a tech who crunched numbers all day. An important part of the team, but not someone worth naming a building after. It would be like naming the space station after the janitor.

This. Worked at Langley for a while. It runs on white men.

She's an quadroon and it shows.

Amazing what 3/4ths of her accomplished.

Science is a lie
is
a
lie

>math wizard is the same as a janitor
you are pretty naive son, this was a time before computers were anywhere near what they are now. there is an insane amount of calculations that need to go into a space flight. you need to take account for weight, the reduction of weight as fuel is burned, atmospheric resistance, gravity strength as you leave the atmosphere, delta v, the orbital ellipses, daily/ hourly weather readings, and accounting for the weight of the pilot's shits. all without a calculator. this is a ridiculous task for anyone to compute without a computer, and lives were literally at stake

cheked

Cool.
Now i'm waiting for the
>WERNHER VON BRAUN
reseach facility.

If she's black, then i as a white brown haired male identify as Mexican.

And someone had already plotted out the necessary equations and required variables to solve those equations. She didn't pioneer the math, just applied it very well. There were many others who did the exact same.the engineer who works out how the load bearing capacity for a certain bridge design doesn't get the bridge named after him.

Oh, so she was the physicist who designed the flight model? Or the materials engineer?

I don't think so, but keep believing your Hollywood movies.

gee i guess we should just name the research facility after Pythagoras since someone had already invented math. who cares about the people that use it and apply it

The only thing they did was crunch the numbers, no different than an 8 bucks calculator.

>black

As someone with Norwegian ancestry, I am clearly the blackest nigger alive compared to blacks working at NASA in the 60's.

Except those physicists and engineers he talked about don't have shit named after them.

>gee i guess we should just name the research facility after Pythagoras

That would have been pretty cool.

then why didnt they do all the calculations? why were the calculations so darn necessary anyways?

I dont think so, but keep believing your stormfront fan blogs

yeah actually that would be pretty cool. greek names always sound good
>tfw no daedalus space initiative
i will never fly too close to the sun

(you)

Then I hope they name the next building after the Intel processors that take instructions and return results. Because that was exactly her job. They just handed them math to do, and they did it. They had entire teams of women to do this stuff, and there was nothing unique or special about her, aside from her 1/8th nigger genetics. She was a secretary who did math problems that the real engineers and physicists came up with. They even had error checking built in, like one giant, human-powered, processor.

If she wasn't a black female they'd have renamed NASA KatherineNASAjohnsona years ago.

Raysissts.

>Pythagoras
You can just admit that your knowledge of math doesn't extend beyond basic geometry and that is why her work astounds you. Often times they would have multiple people conduct the calculations in parallel and compare answers to ensure accuracy, since as you said lives depended on it. Why then, should only she have a building named after her? Surely it couldn't be a purely political move to cash in on the recent movie and gain public support for NASA through ultimately pointless gestures, could it?

WE WUZ OCTAROONS AN SHEEEAATTT.

>her genius
she was a glorified human calculator. her impact was completely insignificant.

That's a good comeback. I don't get why people are salty about recognizing people who aren't typically recognized, and whose cognition was critical for the project.

because a physicist from harvard can't do basic addition substraction multiplication and division.
Or maybe a men's times is better spent doing the hard stuff while the womyn do the remaining "work".

Im having to do a paper on her right now for my english class. Katherine, and dorothy vaughn. (Dorothy was the other nigger)

Some of these are massive calculations that were done by brunt force Instead of wasting the time of the scientists and engineers these just needed people who could do basic math. Several "calculator" people would be set on a problem and if they all came up with the same answer it was considered correct. In some ways this way may have been a safer method because people nowadays assume whatever answer the calculator/computer spits out must be correct.

It's not a comeback. The engineers at NASA worked out the equations that needed to be solved and then handed them over to her to do the calculations since it was gruntwork that was below their paygrade.

she wasn't important.

>It's about time NASA thanked the black woman who made space exploration possible

This.

The ladies were actually referred to as "colored computers".

>black woman
post a white one.

well gentlemen, we're watching 1984 tier historical revisionism before our very eyes

>Too bad it took a Hollywood dramatization to force them to admit her small contribution.
Fixed

You can tell she's not amused by how they're using her false narrative because she doesn't even believe it

>black

>she's black
>seriously