/Delinquent/

Well, I've got nothing to do tonight so time for another delinquent thread. You know the drill, post shit, moan about lack of scans etc. Delinquentanon has finished scanlating Bakuon Rettou volume 10 and it ended on a great note, but I'm not dumping it since it doesn't make any sense without having read all of BR so far (unlike BBH whose chapters work as stand alone gags). So instead, I'll be dumping Kiku, the one-shot volume from Hiroshi Takahashi, written a little after Crows started.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rraKmslxZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ah for fuck's sake I missed the other thread in the catalog but whatever, better not to shit it up.

I read crows a bit and I thought the fights were all sort of samey and boring. Is there any delinquent stuff that has fights a bit more technical or interesting?

I have read Holyland but I dont know if that actually counts.

I'm here reading this stuff, OP.

Also whatever happened to the Rokudenashi Blues scanlation effort?

If you mean fights that are realistic then I'm not sure. Maybe some of Rokudenashi Blues since it is all boxing and a small bit of wrestling but it isn't as 'realistic' as Holyland is. Clover is a Crows clone but the fights are a little better I think, some of the characters have more distinct fighting styles.

In terms of being technical I'm not sure if anything goes into the same detail as Holyland.

I would settle for people fighting more differently from each other or just the fights being more fun to look at even if they are dumb.

Probably still happening but very, very slowly.

Speaking of RokuBlues, delinquent user also scanlared a chapter of Beshari Gurashi, Masanori Morita's manga after RB and Rookies about Manzai comedy. It's actually not bad, the art is astounding, Morita really is a special talent.

If you ever want a delinquent series that goes full retard with its fights but are very unique then Sakigake Otokojuku is for you. But they are all fun shounen battle manga tier fights, don't expect any sort of reasonable fist fights in it.

Worst had a bit more variety in fights than Crows but only a little.

I'm here reading this stuff OP. Thank you for the dump, please keep it up.

Oh fug

He would have done it as well, the actual madman.

End of the chapter 1 (fuck me I'm going to be doing this for ages at this rate).

One of the many reasons I really like Kiku is because the MC isn't very typical as far as yankii manga go. You can imagine a guy his age being that way. Yet for example with someone like Takashi Kase from Bakuon Rettou it feels more forced and less natural than it does with Kiku. For me anyway.

Official thread theme/album by the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=9rraKmslxZw

I'm here. Feel like dropping chapter 2? I like reading manga in threads, feels like I'm reading it with other people.

This desu

This dude is super butthurt about something.

Never read that other manga but Kiku certainly is well caracterized. That anger he has, which is really just an outlet for his pain that people around him despise him makes it very easy to empathize with him. Moreover the more he lets it out the more people despise him. It's depressingly similar to the real life viciuos cycle delinquents go through irl.

Planning on dumping the whole volume, it's just going to take ages. Captcha and I have very different ideas about what a street sign, a mountain and a store front is, which is slowing shit down.

We were all like that once.

Pretty accurate.

Also read Bakuon Rettou, it's great. I just find it hard to believe the MC in it is a tough delinquent guy (I mean, he sort of isn't in one respect) but that doesn't matter. It's really good.

These two are cool guys.

Oooh nice i like delinquent mangas. any good ones that are fully scanlated besides Crows, Worst, KKOW, and Rookies?

can someone explain to me the appeal of delinquent manga?

I like seeing people who have similar problems to mine, but haven't accepted the fact that they will never go away yet.

nope

you gotta feel it in your heart!

I like it so far OP, thanks for the dump

Angel Densetsu is one of my favourites. Bakuon Rettou will soon enough be completely scanlated, guaranteed. If you like battle shounen then Otokojuku and Hareluya II Boy. Shibatora is completed and is technically about the police but has delinquents through. GTO might count as well I guess.

How out of date is this ancient image?

Oh yeah i love GTO and Angel Densetsu.
Will probably read Hareluya II Boy but i'm scared because that guys other manga, Bremen, was garbage.
Never heard of Bakuon Rettou or Shibatora, will check them out.
Otokojuku i'm hesitant to start since iirc it's getting better scans

>Go home, take a shit and go to bed!
Words to live by.

Like I said, these are cool guys.

We are meant to be updating it but none of us can be arsed to do it.

I don't really expect much else from Haruto Umezawa than battle shounen type stories so I wasn't expecting Bremen to be good. In that respect, it's better than I thought.

And I wasn't aware there was any problem with the Sakigake Otokojuku scans, why are they being re-done?

top kek

Time for chapter 3.

For me, most delinquent manga are stories of very close friendship. Although characters might deny it, the bonds they have with their comrades are often the most important things in their lives and that's nice to see in this cynical modern age. Not to mention they are usually in a period of their lives where they don't worry about the sort of things that an adult has to deal with, everything seems so simple from their eyes.

Also personally they remind me of my schooldays. Objectively speaking my life is now better than it was back then what with work, more opportunities and everything, but I think like a lot of people I would trade it all in to go back to those days when nothing mattered. It's immature but whatever.

A very minor thing but I like when Takahashi starts drawing faceless guys for some reason.

You're right, that's cool. Especially while keeping the same perspective.

that's kinda cute

sheeeeeeiiiit

I don't know why, but this manga is giving me a really "western comic"-vibe. I think it's the choice of perspective in the panels.