2002 AOTY

What was the best anime released in 2002?

strawpoll.me/10442696

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM0jNpCmJ4
youtu.be/nXNJ-6qpU6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Naruto

Seems like it was a pretty good year,I'm probably going with Full metal panic though onegai teacher was close behind it for me though.

SaiKano

Nice year.

Shame I couldn't vote for Haibane too but I know it'll get plenty of love.

Naruto

Gundam SeeD.

It was officially and objectively Azumanga Daioh, the anime responsible for inventing the officially and objectively best genre, CGDCT SoL.

>Azumanga beating Naruto
Moeshiteaters win again

source?

naruto, obviously.

especially considering it was the first and best season

It's Abenobashi, or do you mean the artist?

>2003
I wish Sup Forums would leave.

s a t a a n d a g i

I wish OP used art from the actual show, not its remake

Sup Forums won every year

jesus christ they picked FMA over kino no tabi and they have naruto over azumanga now

they need to literally kill themselves

I wouldn't call Mushishi Sup Forums tier.

First past the post voting is fucking retarded. There should be a second vote cutting anyone that isn't top 5. Top 3 ignores over 60% of the votes in almost every one.

Witch Hunter Robin and Tokyo Mew Mew.

Naruto is winning now only due to troll votes. It'll wear out over time.

I was the only person that voted Chobits.. Oh. ):

I went with GITS:SAC the 1ST GIG

2002 - Haibane Renmei
2003 - Kino no Tabi
2004 - GitS, I love Paranoia Agent but it's only worth watching if you care about Kon's directing.
2005 - Mushishi
2006 - Ouran, Haruhi (Suzumiya) only good because of the movie, the TV series was middlingly generic like Clannad
2007 - Gurren Lagann, Nodame Cantabile was my personal favorite, but you can't ignore Gainax's best
2008 - Spice and Wolf
2009 - Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, not only the best anime that year, but the best threads on Sup Forums. Everything's going to be daijoubu.
2010 - Sora no Woto

Anything else is too recent for people to even moderately agree with. Give it a few years. Hyouka and Madoka a shit though.

>putting Gurren Lagann over Lucky Star, ever

Lucky Star is fucking garbage you stupid idiot.

It is, but it's still better than TTGL.

lol lets eat pocky
no you don't eat like that
you eat like this

FIGHTAN
FIGHTAN
DUDES ON THE SCREEN TO LOOK AT INSTEAD OF CUTE GIRLS
FIGHTAN
MORE DUDES
MORE FIGHTAN
MORE DUDES

Look at this shit taste.

I don't like either of them at all, but TTGL is still light years better than Lucky Star.

Both of them are nowhere near the best of 2007.

>Naruto in third
This is why no one should take any of these polls seriously.

Because it actually was the best anime of 2002. It got countless people in anime and changed people's life. Also the begin was actually fucking good.

Fuck you, Naruto first season was goat.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM0jNpCmJ4

Are you the same fucks who voted for InuYasha?

I literally stated a fact. If it wasn't for Naruto anime wouldn't even be popular in the west.

I like both. But TTGL is trillions of times more entertaining and memorable than Lucky Star. This is coming from someone who made his little sister cosplay as Konata and then humped her butt.

THRUST VECTORING OWNS THE SKY

This is either a troll or someone who was born in like 2000.

What a nice year, so many memories. 2012 is the year I started regularly watching animu.

>Naruto

Sup Forums.

C'mon.

>Witch Hunter Robin
AND WE HAVE OUR WINNER!!

2002 even

>Commenting on TTGL because it's the only anime on the list you've seen

Cute.

Why did you post an Inferno Cop webm?

BELIEVE IT

>2009 - Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
>Gurren Lagann is Gainax's best

>He wasn't there for the threads
>Liking FLCL

Fuck off disguised rec threads

>being this assmad

If you don't vote Renmei or Azumanga you're wrong. Easily the two best of the year. Coincidentally the two greatest anime ever.

>2010 - Sora no Woto

0/10

That anime was the epitome of garbage.

And what would a wizened anime connoisseur such as yourself suggest replace SnW for best anime of 2010?

>all those troll votes for Naruto
>Princess Tutu not even close to winning
Fuck you guys

>azumanga is one of the greatest ever
Sure, if you're an idiot.

The Anime was terrible.

I know the manga is a lot better. But I feel so strongly personally nostalgic for the show, and it isn't that unfunny.

theres proabbly at least 5 better ones, SNW was pretty dull

>Juuni Kokuki
>this low

Sora no Woto was absolute fucking shite, I feel like people overrate just for its OP.

I can easily name a ton of better shows from 2010

Angel Beats
Baka to Test
Hidamari Sketch
The world god only knows
Bakuman
Angel Beats
Kaichou wa maid sama
Rainbow
Tatami Galaxy
Working!!
Katanagatari
Durarara!!

See that was easy

Not that guy but, Tatami Galaxy obviously. Then series like House of Five Leaves, Katanagatari, Durarara. Though nearly anything is better than the glorified moeblob trash that is SnW. Only good thing about it is the OP, but even that gives me flashbacks to the trauma I suffered listening to their squeaky vapid voices.

who the christ is voting for naruto

Sora no Woto is a better anime than Tatami Galaxy, which is pretentious.

>that gives me flashbacks to the trauma I suffered listening to their squeaky vapid voices

Can you explain I'm curious

this
SNW is pretty much WW2 K-ON

Nothing to explain, I just hated their voices and the OP reminds me of listening to them since they occured sequentially

>early naruto
>bad

nice meme

Don't let robotech fags hear you user.

I bet you think that HxH is the best manga ever.

And K-On is easily better than every show those guys listed, so they're clearly wrong.

>And K-On is easily better than every show those guys listed
No, you're just really stupid.

Both were borefest.
Abefags glorified haibane too much.

So, """"boring"""", slow paced, dialogue driven animus = best animus?

It's uncanny.

K-On is better than SnW at least

>nobody at all voted for 2000 poll
>Ippo a second to FLCL
I'm okay with this.

Newfags just can't keep up with the top tier bantz in Lucky Star.
I bet they haven't even watched past episode 4

I voted for Princess Tutu but wanted to thank that one user who choose Chobits. It's nice to know someone still likes it. Newfags don't appreciate this show anymore because it is "too cliched" for them not realizing that most of these cliches came from Chobits.

Let me be with you
youtu.be/nXNJ-6qpU6c

How the FUCK is Princess Tutu so low?

Lucky star aged badly because it's references were up to date.

And how is FMP! is so high?
It's not Fumofu.

Yes. Sup Forums prefers dialogue and character driven anime to LOL FIGHTAN MUH YOUNG DESTRUDO because there is a minimum age of 18 on Sup Forums.

I'm horrified, the only possible explanation is that not many anons have seen it. The year has fair competition but it's still too low.

TTGL was a story about the strength of human's spirit. It's still gives away lots of hype and inspiration.
Lucky star gives nothing except outdated references only a few people still would get.

It's literally karamazov in a smaller form factor. Sorry you can't appreciate magnificence

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

Lucky Star is the pinnacle of manzai comedy. Every character has multiple layers of depth and feel more like actual people, as opposed to the flawless Gary Stu and static, completely forgettable side cast of TTGL.

Lucky Star is simply better written, and better directed. Objectively, of course. TTGL has pretty explosions to keep the kids occupied, us intellectuals are more than satisfied with the character study that is Lucky Star.

Sora no Wota was a horrible disappointment because it seemed like it could be similar to Haibane, but substituted emotional scenes with yuribait, good character design with k-on knockoffs, and the mysterious atmosphere with cute girls getting cutely scared in a 'haunted house' to manipulate otaku hearts.

>this is what idiots believe

2002? I wasn't even fucking born yet, why should 2002 matter?

Kill yourself.

Only 3 votes for The Cat Returns? WAT

Don't let Naruto to win, please

It wasn't a good film.

Who /rahxephon/ here?

Pretty weak year desu. Chobits though

Tripfag idiot.

>1998
>2000
>2001
>2003
I'd bet you anything if you made this poll 3 years ago the results would be real different. I want Sup Forums to leave

GITS hands down.

I've always had the impression that 00-05 was an awkward shitty transition period from cel to digital didn't had much iconic titles to stand out. Turns out 2002 was actually pretty impressive, superior to most recent years to say the least.

Abenobashi, FMP, Tutu, Twelve Kingdom, Haibane Renmei, GITS, Rahx, WHR.

Having lists like these put things in perspective.

Fuck off