Is ancapism a serious ideology?

Is ancapism a serious ideology?
Who builds the roads and runs the fire departments?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*SNIFF SNIFF*

toll roads
private fire departments

read a book nigger
ancap society is possible it would be crappy though
moderate libertarian society slightly to the right would be the best imo

hello 911, please enter your credit card number

>Is ancapism a serious ideology?
Of course its bloody not. Its just another of a long line of horribly forced memes

that looks bloody awful

the first fire brigade in london was setup and financed by businesses who didn't want their shit burning down every time someone dropped a lantern.

the first major intercity highway in the US was built by businesses in the two cities to increase trade and was paid for with tolls.

Its not a serious ideology if you mean could it ever run for office or have a major movement and work in a major country. However, im sure in theory it can exist and theyre a good influence to have around in that they put forth ideas other movements dont and help keep the overton window more reasonable.

that was like 500 years ago retard

Theoretically, you would have the option of purchasing a monthly emergency services packet when you move into the neighborhood and your address/phone number would be logged into their database.

Roman fire departments would make you sign a contract WHILE YOUR HOUSE WAS BURNING.

Rome collapsed because practically everyone was a slave. The few ultra-rich ended up giving all their money to the barbarians due to no one else wanting to defend such a corrupt empire.

you realize that place was a hellhole right?

I would imagine it would be ran by the insurance buisnesses and private fire companies would co-op with them. Like trash guys and the gov.

it's literally a joke conjured up on Sup Forums

>bumping for feetz

Whoever cares enough about driving and firefighting to start a private venture.

There are plenty of people who would. Many are even like you, I assume, because we're talking about a truly free revolutionary society and all you can think about is if your house burns down. Needless to say you don't even own one.

>that looks bloody awful

It was. Also, they got free water, electricity, and sewage from outside, and massive aid. It wasn't remotely self sufficent.

In my country the roads are built by privates and the fire deparment is run by volunteers and donations of privates.

private businesses built US infrastructure after the civil war and their founders became the richest men in modern history

>ancaps aren't edg-

>Is ancapism a serious ideology?
Ancap is very serious in the sense that governments do need to have their influence and power reduced by a lot. Maybe not disappear completely.

Arguments against ancap focus primarily on the handful of things that should remain (army, police, whatever). We can find a good solution to that easily.

that's his point

yeah that's what a city would look like if it was actually anarcho capitalist.
We need less government regulation but having no government would be much shittier for most people

Anarchy doesn't work.

Personally I think ancap is the closest thing to the Right's version of communism. "Muh true ancap"

>Whoever cares enough about driving and firefighting to start a private venture.

Come on, think this through. How would firefighters get paid when people think like this:

>truly free revolutionary society and all you can think about is if your house burns down.

Would you call the fee for this services packet taxes?

No, it's not mandatory ;^)

The first generation might think like that but consider an ordinary person. How many people do you know with home insurance, life insurance, car insurance or any other insurance? Im going to assume its a least a fair amount. Most people value security very highly and communities would almost certainly collaborate in some capacity to protect themselves against these potentialities.

In a major city of millions of densely packed people I see it just collapsing though. If there are 2,000 people living in an apartment complex I would expect a large amount of them to expect to just piggyback on everyone else.

And what do you do if they fail to respond during an emergency? You can't sue them - the courts are owned by the same company!

Would you insure your house against fire yes or no?
>Yes
Multiply that by I don't know, 10.000/40k people in a city. 5$ per month insurance. 50.000$ to the fire department. Enough costs or not yet? I think it's enough for a small city.
>NO
That's fair. Let's assume said city did not have commie blocks, just normal houses. Your house caught on fire. The fire dept comes to help the nearest house that is insured, but lets yours burn (or you save it if pro enough).
Next time you'll probably get insurance, right?

So either the fire dept has enough cash to operate just fine or the entire population is pro at dousing fires on their own. Win either way.

Same people that do it now. Construction workers and firefighters aren't slave labor pressed into service. They just work for an entity not responsible to market forces.

>Courts and fire dept are the same company
Why?

Looks comfy. Whores, drugs and gambling and I don't even have to step out into the rain? Sign me up, user.

private contractors with competitive bid/award systems typically build roads, at least in the US

ancap is fucking retarded

>local business fails to perform its duties
Enjoy losing all your customers ;^)

It's a more serious ideology than most, but it's still in error.

Pol mostly just knows ancapism from memes; they don't really understand it.

In a primordial way, ancapism was taken even more seriously in the 19th century, but after the world wars and communist revolutions, the western elite thought capitalism was done with. Hayek and Rothbard revived classical liberal thinking after the wars and the ideology has had some success in america since then.

Basically the first thing to understand about ancapism is that it isn't a system without government, rather it is a system where government services would be dis-intermediated and vertically DISintegrated. I and many others think this is unlikely to be a stable situation, but it's a notion that does have limited merit and it did happen throughout history. The idea of a vertically integrated government service provider is a recent phenomenon.

Despite being classical liberalism cranked to eleven, ancapism actually breaks through the ideological ceiling and can be understood as a return to pre-liberal conceptions of government, where government is rightly understood as a for-profit enterprise and not some Rousseauian social contract or charitable commune. In a sense at least. Pre-liberal political ideas are pretty alien to most. What ancap has in common is an understanding that collective sovereignty is of dubious merit. Hence the development of ancapism into an increasingly reactionary and pro-monarchist community.

Based foot poster

>the courts are owned by the same company as the fire department

You mean the government?

If you can sue the government owned fire department in a government controlled court and win why couldn't you sue an ancap fire department in an ancap court and win?

>>Courts and fire dept are the same company
>Why?

Because it's ancapism. That's what the word means. If the government can run courts, why not a fire department?

>>local business fails to perform its duties
>Enjoy losing all your customers ;^)

Like that even happens now? How's your latest Windows update working.

Do what you feel festival

>when you are such a pathetic beta that your penis becomes engourged by seeing feet because you spent your formative years head down, looking at the ground, rather than making boob contact with the budding blossoming titties of your developing female co-ed peers

nigga having sec when you were 15 was the SHIT. Only time in your life that you'll get to fuck girls that age.

I use Linux, sorry. Our modern system has plenty of government-enforced protections in place to make sure big businesses stay afloat despite their faults, so, nod an argumend :-DD

cringe

You have horrible taste in feet.
Get these disgusting fat wrinkly feet off my board.

Anarcho-capitalism reduces community to small tribes because they throw away non-profit mechanisms for the coordination and communication needed to maintain larger social groups. That's why the other belief is minarchism, which states that a state is necessary to maintain society, but its role in daily life should never go beyond the bare minimum.

That windshield is absolutely disgusting

How about McDonalds. Can you sue those or are they also the same company like the court? I think you're confused on what ancap means. Ancap doesn't mean one company replaces the government (at least ideally). What you imply is what happens now, where the oligarchy (companies) have everyone at the system in their pockets. You should want to change that, not support it.

>t. virgins

*sssssssnnnnniiiiiffff*

They want people to pay money to a private fire dept.

And if you don't pay your house burns. But then the Ayncap idiots don't realise that when that house burns, the woods, the other houses catch fire too.

>Our modern system has plenty of government-enforced protections in place to make sure big businesses stay afloat despite their faults
Also this. If you hate ancap because you think that's what will happen, you should hate our current system instead because it does happen.

In its pure ideological form, no, it's not serious and would be a disaster.

However, society would be greatly improved, enriched, and strengthened by pushing more in the direction of it, as far as we can go, which probably isn't very far.

It's kind of the opposite of Communism in that way.

>I use Linux, sorry. Our modern system has plenty of government-enforced protections in place to make sure big businesses stay afloat despite their faults, so, nod an argumend :-DD

You use Linux, but your box originally shipped with windows, didn't it. So you still payed Microsoft for your Linux box. (If not, most linux users did.) Government didn't cause this. Government tried to stop Microsoft's worst abuses, but conservatives were the ones defending MS.

Or does your anacapism state not have copyright law?

>But then the Ayncap idiots don't realise that when that house burns, the woods, the other houses catch fire too.
here >commie
>calls others idiots
I shouldn't even (you) but whatever.

kneegrow that cat's fur would look nice skinned and draped on my visio monitor that isn't working right now in the corner.

>Or does your anacapism state not have copyright law?
On a side note, copyright laws are kinda pointless.
gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537/amp

>Government tried to stop Microsoft's worst abuses
sauce please, you're talking way too randomly

Go ahead and try you dirty chink.

Free markets are inherently unstable. Left alone, they degenerate into monopolies that make competition impossible and leave people with no real choices. Look at what actually happened in the 19th century in europe and the east coast US. This is the problem that created communism in the first place. (No communism was not the solution.)

Ancapism would decay into one corporation that owned everything. Things would have different names, but in practice it would be indistinguishable from communism.

>roads
Roads are a Jewish invention meant to facilitate mass immigration and destroy the white race.

Are you serious, commie calling other ideology idiotic? Good one...

Good idea, after I hang the cat fur I'll sell the carcass to the chinks. Or maybe it's the Vietnamese who eat cats, I can't remember. I'm liking this ancap business more and more.

I argue that the ''wealth distribution'' right now in e.g. your country is worse than what you describe. There's a company group or three that own your ass while the average pleb is struggling to keep a burger joint alive.

You are speculating about ancap the thing you are suffering right now, except it's sugar coated so you think it's ok.

theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/13/us-wealth-inequality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

>
>>Or does your anacapism state not have copyright law?
>On a side note, copyright laws are kinda pointless.
>gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537/amp

Yes, but who keeps extending them forever? Steamboat Willy will never fall into public domain.

>>Government tried to stop Microsoft's worst abuses
>sauce please, you're talking way too randomly

Example: Microsoft would sue a university saying that they had pirated versions of MS software. Any student could put a bootleg copy of any MS program on the university computer and the university would be held responsible, even if they were actively trying to remove unlicenced software.

The universities did not have the money to fight Microsoft in court, and instead had to sign a "universal licence" that paid microsoft for every computer the university had, regardless of if it was even capable of running microsoft code.

Result: It was impossible for anyone to compete with microsoft because if any MS product existed, the university was contractually obligated to buy it regardless of if they wanted to use anything else.

I agree. We are decaying to corporate communism even now. We effectively have a corporation in the white house.

I will reluctantly surrender on this one for lack of knowledge on the topic, however the ancap theory does not support 'corrupted' courts that support the big companies, as I believe you are implying.

I think practically we want the same things, except we don't know how to get there.

Disgusting subhuman.

>however the ancap theory does not support 'corrupted' courts that support the big companies,

Who is paying the judge's salary? Who is paying the bailiff and the security? Who is paying for the prison? How does someone who is bankrupt sue the company that took everything he owned?

Ancap is order from chaos.

Absolute anarchy requires maximum faith.

maximum gay more like

>Who is paying for the prison?
I'm very conflicted here since I don't 'believe' in the existence of prisons. Either kill, banish, or let free.

>How does someone who is bankrupt sue the company that took everything he owned?
That's a good question. I don't even know how it happens now. Do they take a loan?

You were saying?

Keep Calm; Carry Bombs