Whats the best intro to visual novels?

Whats the best intro to visual novels?

yagai gakushuu

Sengoku Rance

I don't think most people on here would agree with me but I think Katawa Shoujo was a great introduction to Visual Novels for me.

Overall, it just depends on what you're into.
Here's my recommendations.
Into Sci-Fi? Steins;Gate
Into Action? Fate series.
Into Romance? Katawa Shoujo or If My Heart Had Wings.

Boku no Pico

MuvLuv
Or be a disgusting gaijin and play Katawa Shoujo first, that's pretty common. Lots of people start with Fate and Steins;Gate as well.

Katawa shoujo was one of the worst VN I've ever played

Why is that?

The story was bland, all characters beside Rin were uninteresting and cliché . The only part I found great was the intro.
The fact that I played it after great title like ever17, umineko or muv luv didn't help.

because it's popular

Ah, I understand.
I feel like it's good to start with as like an introduction, but not really one to go to after a while of already reading Visual Novels.

>that VN
I can't believe I know what it's from

Does this continue how I think it does?

It's pretty good as an entry-tier VN. Symphonic Rain is better all around though, so I usually recommend that as babby's first VN.

Yes.

It would be a nice introduction indeed, but not a great exemple of what the medium can produce.
I'd go with something like saya no uta or g-senjou no maou instead, which have satisfying stories and conclusions, and definitely make you want to taste more

That's one detailed dog

What could possibly happen next?

Imouto paradise

I really don't Saya no Uta would be good for beginners, I think it would turn some away and I've never myself read the latter one so I can't give an opinion on that.

Saya no Uta is great for beginners providing you can stomach grotesque horrors
>Interesting story
>Great soundtrack
>Decent art
>Short
>Few choices but they all affect the ending

The only turn off I can see is the high level of ero.