Digimon Universe: Applimon

Because we haven't argued enough about a children's toyetic franchise

youtu.be/jEcbj4NkNwo
youtu.be/WenTtyzo164

>Everyone in the world uses smartphone apps. But inside them lurks unknown creatures called "Appli Monsters," or "Appmon." The Appmon are AI lifeforms with the ability to think and act, and exist in the boundary between the human world and digital space to allow people and the system to interface and function. But in the vast sea of the internet, the "last boss AI" Leviathan takes control of the Appmon with a virus and begins hacking every system, thus starting to control the human world from the world of the net. The protagonist, Haru Shinkai, is led to acquire the Appli Drive, and uses it to materialize Gacchimon, a search app monster. What is the secret hidden within the Appli Drive? What is the mysterious field that exists between net world where the Appmon exist, and the real world? What is the "App Combine" that can combine two Appmons? What is Leviathan's true goal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gnZS00l4804
youtube.com/watch?v=vpTYeA3HH90
youtube.com/watch?v=vRpGZwYzDls
youtube.com/watch?v=shY1rJzWHbY
youtube.com/watch?v=k0X13dbfHlc
youtube.com/watch?v=zYLBkPLrn9M
youtube.com/watch?v=w165AlGyQTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Snapchatmon the new Bakemon?

Digimon was never good.

It's nostalgic, but that's about it. Not even one good videogame.

Do we have a Tindermon yet?

The amount of annoucement merch is incredible. I was here when Savers and Xros were announced but there was never any sort of merchandising push like this since the original series came out

Excellent choice!!! Meanwhile we can discuss which was the best song of their respective series.
youtube.com/watch?v=gnZS00l4804

>Digimon was never good.
>It's nostalgic, but that's about it

I rewatched the entire franchise before Tri came out and I have to disagree. While there are some really shitty entries like 02 and Hunters, the others range from meh to great

>Not even one good videogame.
World 1 and 3, Rumble Arena, Cyber Sleuth, Next Order, I've heard Digimon Adventure PSP was good but I never played it

I was here when Xros was announced, but you must be a real oldfag if you were around when Savers was announced.

Please DigiYuzu Hiragi

Please either be useful or just be tits and ass

Don't tease me that you're going to git gud and then do nothing for 60 episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=vpTYeA3HH90

I wasn't posting here till like Code Geass aired but I was sort of in line with the Digimon community and news. Savers never got this kind of push at launch

EmiyaShiroumon Alter is cute

youtube.com/watch?v=vRpGZwYzDls

Will they use Android or Iphone

GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=shY1rJzWHbY

which apumen wud u fug?

The last decent female tamer was a bitch from 2001, don't get your hopes up.

Sometimes I wish i hadn't been underage in 2006-2007. Sup Forums discussing Haruhi, Code Geass and Gurren Lagann must have been fun.

Why do all the Appmon look angry/smug?

To this date it's the first and only time the edgy team member has been a girl, no? I mean Nene in Xros wars also kind of was but she wasn't really edgy once she actually joined team Xros Heart, Kiriha was the real edgeman.

So this is a spinoff, right?

That just proves just how best she is and how much the show cared about her. I want to say that "a show with more than three main characters probably can't focus on the girl too much" but then we had Savers and yeah

Literally my OTP. Juri is cute but she's no Ruki

Maybe in title but not in concept.

>I was underage when I started posting on Sup Forums and other boards
>I'm 24 now

I didn't need to think about this, user.

No shitpostermon or deepwebmon or rootmon or Sup Forums mon

>new semen demon

I keep trying to get out but Toei keeps pulling me back in

Don't be silly Sup Forums isn't an app.

She looks pretty spunky and her Appmon is a fighting-type Appmon. I have hope.

Kek, there's actually a new Digimon called Raidramon. The Raidramon most people know from the dub is actually called Lighdramon

I bet Hackmon kid won't be part of the main team until midway through the season.

Row 1 - DoGatchmon [PR], DoScomon [PR], Mailmon [7code], Roleplaymon [7code], Scopemon [SR], Dosukomon [SR], DoGatchmon [SR]
Row 2 - Gatchmon [R], Navimon [R], Callmon [C], Mailmon [C], Dougamon [C], Messemon [C], Bairamon [C]
Row 3 - Cameramon [R], Hackmon [R], Watchmon [C], Weathermon [C], Roleplaymon [C], Sukashimon [C], Dressmon [C]
Row 4 - Musimon [R], Dokamon [R], Reviewmon [C], Perorimon [C], Shotmon [C], Dougamon (Virus) [C], Messemon (Virus) [C]

Shotmon looks fucking radical

youtube.com/watch?v=k0X13dbfHlc

It's happened before with Gargomon/Galgomon

In fact, Lighdramon in kataka is RAIDORAMON, from RAI->RAITO->LIGHT
Raidramon is REIDORAMON from REIDO->RAID

So it is like Kumamon and Reapmon for English names?

So was she actually good or does she just win a few token fights and then get BTFO by the edgy rival?

She was good until the final arc where she was a bit sidelined for OP game character.

And then the third guy of the group was the one that actually landed the "solve the final boss".
Tamers was weird.

Yeah it was fun

She was best girl. Even if she sort of got messed up because muh Ryo

Somewhat sidelined by proto Crow for an episode or 2, who also loses relevance later on.

Other than that she's the Yamato "Matt" Ishida of the group.

>proto Crow
(Is the overlap between fanbases that big?)

Ryo was a protag far far before any of the Tamers so that's not exactly an accurate comparison

That's just where her character development led. She stopped being an edgy lone wolf that does everything on her own and became a supporter that helps her team.

>Implying you wouldn't suck Ryo's dick
Even Millenniummon wanted to

MY NIGGA!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=zYLBkPLrn9M

With Ruki it's pretty much both.

Her partner Renamon jobs hard whenever it's not debuting some sort of new form and basically has a whole plotline devoted to how weak she actually is and is just missing it being outright stated with Ruki showcasing her plot development at how she doesn't care since Renamon is like family and blahblahblah

Ruki herself though is pretty solid. She's serious,cute, knolegable about digimon and inworld is supposed to be the second best Digimon card player. She starts out wanting a strong partner but eases up on that ideal a lot as things progress.

We need an update pic with Digimon Adventure Tri´s Taichi on casual clothes, not uniform with Agumon and Haru with Gatchmon.

So we already have full lines released before the show is even out?

Don't think so.

Weird, considering their stuff with Tri, and the Cyber Sleuth game I thought they were done trying to appeal to the child demographic and were focusing on their older audiences.

Seems like they are making another go at it, since this seems like a pretty big push from them. I'll give it a shot I suppose since it looks like they are banking on this one pretty hard.

To be honest, I actual would have thought Re;Digitize would be animated before a completely new series.

Next Order just came out like two months ago, they'll probably just do stuff for both audiences at the same time.
>Digimon game
>anime

Gonna be honest here, I like it.
Making a spin-off with new creatures and all gives some creative freedom Digimon really needed at this point.

And the concept of they being applications with specific functions does open up interesting possibilities for this kind of show.

What remains to be seen is if they'll actually do something interesting with these things.

>I thought they were done trying to appeal to the child demographic
Me too.

I was kind of afraid of it because usually when a kids franchise goes full "appeal to older fans" it doesn't work out

I don't know if you're referring specifically to Time Hunters but if we're talking about Xros as a whole, this far surpasses it.

youtube.com/watch?v=w165AlGyQTg

Navimon best Applimon?

Navimon looks cool as fuck. Dokamon too. The only one I'm not really digging yet is Musimon.

>Next Order just came out like two months ago, they'll probably just do stuff for both audiences at the same time.
Yeah that's actually what I'm afraid of, while I understand the idea trying to satisfy multiple demographics, especially one separated by age is always a bit of a risky move.

While what this user says is true, I'd honestly rather they focus fully on kids, or fully on adults rather than trying for both. It tends to cause some pretty terrible results end product wise.

Though again, I'm trying to be optimistic with this one since it seems like they are putting a serious effort into it.

What's the next Digimon video game besides this one?

There's not one confirmed yet. The previous one was released just two months ago.

Wait so...are they still Digimon? I don't quite understand.

Yes, but give it ten or episodes until they use the term.

What the hell

So this is the actual "season 7"?

Think beyblade and beywheelz.

>edgy rival

She was the edgy rival user.

She was "The Blue".

Was meant for

I still don't understand how Beywheelz was supposed to attract either the target audience or even people nostalgic over Beyblades. What a terrible evolution of a series.

It's common knowledge that Milienuimin has shit taste.

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

just wanted the clarification. Thanks man.

They are still Digimon but in a different setting.

Think of it like comparing Megami Tensei to Persona or Devil Survivor if I had to make a direct link

I don't think Yuya and Yuzu's seperation has anything to do with it. The writers seemed to have stopped caring about Yuzu. Remember how she got BTFO by Masumi and the humilation made her want to get stronger?

Well Sergey slammed her into a fucking building and she didn't seem to care. BUT OH NO SOME LDS JOBBER OTKS HER AND THAT'S THE WORST THING EVER

>"hackmon"

this is Huckmon.

Will they ever reunite with their digimon Sup Forums?
Will they ever be happy

lmao, wrong thread senpai

>Fanbase overlap is real

I'm pretty sure that they can get away with this because Hackmon can be also read as Huckmon and they seem to use Huckmon in Japan when it comes to posting the name in English but it can be read as both

If you wanna get supper technical, it's Hakkumon. Both are spelt the same in katakana anyways.

They got killed by a wild Lynxmon

No, now go read the drama Message in the Packet and feel even worse.

why, what happened?

Lots of crying.

I already did why do you think I am in despair in the first place?
Long story short, tamers director didn't like locomon movie or some shit.
He then made a canon drama cd what basically is about the kids being depressed, because they will probably never see their digimon again.
The gate they found at the end of the series was too weak and unstable so that guy with the sunglasses closed it forever.

Also what we hear are heartbreaking messages about how much the kids love and miss their digimon.
They made those messages, because Jen invented something that may or may not send messages to the digital world.
Ofcourse chances are that it works are very slim and there is no way fir them to know if it worked or not.
So basically the kids sent very sad heartfelt messages to their digimon that will probably never arrive.

Read it and wow that was depressing. It is one of the reasons Tamers is my favorite though.

It was a kick in the dick of hope but I like how Message managed to give each of the Tamers some good development. Even the ones that had nonexistent development in the anime, like Ryo.

I can't believe people even want Tamers to have a continuation after that completely final ending

That's how you do a "final" ending 02

We just want the kids to be happy damnit.
Throughout the entire stories those kids constantly get mindbroken, but every time they pick up the pieces persevere through their hardships.
They grow as people together with their partners and the safe the world and what do they get?
Their partners with who they share a bond that is thicker than blood get ripped away from them just, because they did the right thing and saved world.
Those kids deserve to be happy.

It's literally Hackmon you fucking retards , just a variant like Black Agumon or Black Gabumon.

The Huckmon meme dies fucking now.

Huckmon really is shiro he even has his own archer.

Is he going to evolve into AntiJesmon or AntiChristmon or Judasmon? Also the new Raidramon looks like Kiriha´s MetalGreymon.

>It's a Digimon series without Wada Kouji
I'm not ready for this, hold me Sup Forums.

It's just not Digimon without him.

>tfw I just found that my favorite video of Digimon Xros Wars was deleted.

Fuck, this sucks.

D-Dont make my cry....

s-sorry

Who is Wada Kouji?

He was a Singer that made most of the songs of all Digimon Series.

How do you not know of the man whose energetic voice graced our ears for the past 17 years. Bassed Wada was one who gave us the iconic Butter-Fly.

The good thing is that I found the channel that had that video, I asked him if he stills have that video.