How old where you when you saw the End of Evangelion?

How old where you when you saw the End of Evangelion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oICHvlqApBc&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*were... I fucked it up

How did you understarn the plot at that age?

18 probably. Maybe 19. Why?

>Forgot one question
What did you interpret at that age?

I watched it and saw what happened. It's not exactly a complex plot.

Probably 13

13 maybe. I wasn't prepared for it.

Stop posting your current age or you get banned.

As old as this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=oICHvlqApBc&feature=youtu.be

In my 20s because I liked the television ending better.

If you watched Eva for the first time post 2006, you should get the fuck off from Sup Forums and never come back.

Didn't understand a whole lot because I was never good with symbolism and hidden meanings, but all I know is that I felt like shit once it was over for some reason

>image.jpg
>Sup Forumsshit image
>17
So this year.

Four years ago

The biggest thing I took away from it was the Shinji and Asuka were supposed to be a new Adam and Eve. A literal New Genesis from the Evangelion.

17. That was almost 3 years ago wow

around 17 i guess. Sadly i saw the TV ending in 1998 and the EoE in 2004, so i spent being 5 years butthurt after the pile of shit the original final was.

fight me

19. Seven years ago.

Like, 19? Yeah, 19.

So old enough that me perving on Asuka and Rei was still pretty fucking bad.

The first time I saw Eva I was like 12 though.

15, but it was a couple years after it came out, and I had looked at some of the theories/explanations before hand, so I didn't really have trouble figuring out what was happening at any point. I don't think doing that really took away from the experience for me. Tumbling down still hit me pretty damn hard.

>Shinji and Asuka were supposed to be a new Adam and Eve

No, anybody could materialize when they wanted to. Also the title is just gibberish that Anno thought sounded cool.

>the title is just gibberish that Anno thought sounded cool.
One of my favorite things is how Japanese creators will sometimes do that. Just come up with a few words they think sound really fucking cool and stick them in the title. I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, but there's some good ones.

20. Still took me a few days to fully process it though.

I saw this when I was 19
Am I the only person on Sup Forums that was not as much disturbed after watching it?
It was pretty late at night I was getting sleepy, after I finished it I watched another episode of some funny moeshit(maybe it was MH) and slept.

12 or 13.
Can't really remember.

I waited for new years 2016 to watch it though

It was bad for me, because I watched right after binge watching the series for the first time. I then made the mistake of watching the rebuild immediately after. It was just too much fucking Eva.

I've only seen the TV series, but that was decades ago

12-14.
Somewhere in there

19. cried like a baby

>cried
>from eva

19 I think? Been awhile since I've had a rewatch though.

I just finished watching it.

Why would you cry? There's nothing to cry over, you baby
Le autism tipping le fedora

Watched it for the first time 2 months ago, Im 22, fuck the police.

never seen any evangelion...

Why are you on Sup Forums?

17. I missed on a lot of the symbolism because I was focusing on the waifu material. I was also too invested in the characters and how badly they were hurting to care for the actual plot.

something did trigger inside me, though. the imagery, maybe the tone. the idea of ending everything really resonated with me.

that's when I figured suicide wasn't such a bad idea.

>implying 22 is too old to be on Sup Forums

>waifu material
>evangelion

Watching Eva in 2016 for the first time is undeserving of posting on Sup Forums

I ended up watching NGE and EOE for the first time during the respective times when they took place in universe

I watched NGE during fall and winter 2015, and i watched EOE on new years

I watched EVA's final episode at my local TV channel when I was a kid and officially watched the whole thing 2 years ago. Does it count?

spoiler that shit! this is (not) a christian imageboard, posting nudes is off limits

17 or 18.

22 now.

knew about it and how its god tier since 2001. savored it till a year after 3.0. I should have waited till I was on my death bed to watch it. I'm probably going to wait 10 years after 4.0 comes out to what that.

12, it was on SBS

11-12ish.

I haven't seen it, but I remember watching the entire evangelion when I was like 13(?) I think. Definitely early in puberty

After I was done I stared directly at the blank laptop screen for 10 minutes astonished. I wish I kid you but my mind exploded. Also I saw it right after finishing the series

I think 15

Thought it was shit.

Considering the series was on VHS, and I had to fight to finally see EoE, I'm gonna go with 13.

Blew my little teenage mind, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it deep. I thought it took balls to make something like that, and the soundtrack was excellent.

About 15, I guess?

Blew my fucking mind, honestly.

>implying I'd watch this piece of shit

I was 8 when I saw it air in adult swim, then on the Sundance channel saw EoE a year later. If your wondering I understood completely; life's a bitch.

Life's a bitch, but it's a hot bitch that's DTF

Yeah but she's like that with everyone, that's how aids was spread.

I was 22. I had seen the series on SBS as a kid (can pin down how old, definitely single digits), but I was too young to get any of the symbolism. I had never watched any of the films. Marathoned the whole series and finished with EoE. Afterwards I came down with pneumonia. Double lung, fevers reaching 42C, I thought I was going to die. All my hallucinations were in one way or another influenced by EoE, and they were terrifying. I waw bouncing between fearing death and dying to actually welcoming and embracing it. In the end I had to be strapped to my hostipal bed, and then I got filled with tranquilisers. I still flinch every time i hear the opening chords to 'Komm, Susser Tod'.

Some time has past since then, and I've recently rewatched the film. It was a little uncomfortable because of my experience but not impossible to sit through. In a strange way it added a new level of enjoyment to the film.

I was 17. Didn't understand shit, thought it was overhyped.

Watched it again a few months back (i'm 22 now) and realized it's actually really good.

I was in high school, probably 16, maybe 15. I wasn't a dumb fuck by that time so I knew that the people going on about muh symbolism were full of shit, but it still impressed me, like watching Lain for the first time or Takashi Miike's films.

I had the whole thing on pirated VHS tapes that I bought online. I'm not even sure what belongs to The End of Evangelion and what to Death & Rebirth since I binged on it and haven't watched it again in ages.

I think it's easy to underestimate how much of a trip something like EoE can be for a teenager, especially during that time when both the internet and otaku culture were getting popular, but still retained some mystery. When it was easier to pirate physically and you couldn't just google everything, because google and wikipedia didn't exist and anime databases were in their infancy.

I still haven't

I was 22 when I rewatched Eva and then decided to watch EoE. I just watched the TV ending when I was a teenager, I was 13 or 14 back then.

high school. It seemed pretty easy to understand. I enjoyed the manga's ending a little better, but it's a little disappointing that the dead characters seemed to remain dead.

15-16 I guess.
Really fucks you up for life. (that is not a bad thing)

16. Borrowed it on VHS from a friend. Tried to watch it while my dad was home. What a horrible mistake.

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

I still remember how mindfucked I felt afterwards

14. I'm italian an the rating on dvd was G. But after the scene of Asuka and white evas I wasn't able to sleep well for days

About 21. Kinda wonder what would happen if I saw it sooner.

15. It had little to no effect on me. I was just mad because of the shitty picture quality from the Manga dvd release I rented from blockbuster.

>ITT
>watched when I was 6
>understood it completely
>NGE threads full of people that have no idea what nge is about thematically or plot-wise

How does this work?

You are full of shit.

I'm japanese. maybe 15 (33 now)

23, 4 months ago

15. I didn't get it but I really like the atmosphere of mixing science, religion and psychology.

I'm 25 now and I'm currently re watching NGE, and will finish with EoE. So far I'm enjoying it much more than back then.

I was 46.

I thought it portrayed amazingly well how terrifying even a Friendly Sysop Singularity would be. I didn't expect, given the TV ending, that Shinji would end up fucking over the entire planetary ecosystem outside the upload system.

E d g y

this tho

die

I think it was my junior year at university, so around 21 probably?

I thought it was shit because I liked the TV ending.