Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Didn't see a Kabaneri thread. Post cute habaneros

VIVA BIBA!

She's the worst girl and a traitor.
She's responsible for the death of thousands and should be shot on sight.

I'm also blaming her for getting mai waifu stabbed in the heart.

You're seasonal waifu a shit.

Ikoma is miiine

What do you think Biba and co have in store for him next ep?

Guilty Crown of the Iron Fortress is bad.

something something medical examination room from episode 8

where is the smug emoticon

When the show was just starting, I thought they were going to get to Kongokaku by episode 5 or so

Why did she have to die?

Probably gonna study his blood to perfect their kabaneri serum. Also Biba feeling fear when Horobi almost killed him proves he is no kabaneri, at least not yet.

>She turns into some kind of monster thing on this episode
I knew that this was going to be dumb, but I dind't expect it to fall into Shingeki levels.

Literally worse than Hitler.

It was probably a habanero knife

it was probably a prototype for one of those kabaneri swords or something

How many more episodes?

Three

Something must be wrong with me, I'm not a pedo but I'm falling hard for Mumei.

Dem armpits.

That rage and indignation.

I can't wait until Ikoma wrecks Biba.

I can't wait until the inevitable Ikoma medical examination scene.

Smile:
Protected [ ]
Rekt [ X ]

>let's destroy our all defences and massacre woman and children because only the strong should survive lol

God this show sucks

spoiler from the prequel novel

前日譚小説読んだ、小説の本筋バレじゃない設定的な部分の話だけ

・生駒妹の名前は初音(はつね)
・苗字が判明、九智(ここのち)来栖、荒川(あらか)吉備土
・顕金駅の所在地は出雲の国(今の島根県辺り)

・昔の幕府には主戦派と防戦派があり、将軍興匡(おきまさ)が主戦派の要求を呑んで軍を出した
・その時の10万の軍の大将が将軍の嫡男で当時12歳の美馬(つまり現在22歳)
・結果は大敗、美馬は敗戦の責任で勘当、来栖の父も参加してたが帰還せず、主戦派は勢いを失い駅に閉じ籠るのが主流に

・カバネは頭を飛ばしてもやがて起き上がり掴みかかってくると明言される、掴まれてる間に他の奴に噛まれる
・初期に欧州で発生した時のカバネ研究の中心人物アレクセイ博士という人物がいる
・この人がカバネの原因はウィルスであることを突き止めたとされている
・博士は日ノ本に逃れて来ており金剛郭で研究を続けてるらしい

Yep. Are they still on Namek^w BOAT^w the train?

Biba is too fast for Ikoma to handle, still betting that Mumei kills him. Even more after this episode

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed it's so fucking 1-dimensional. Biba could have been a good, or at least perfectly solid "villain" just by honestly holding to his philosophy 100% in the service of humanity without any of the retarded edgy psycho bullshit. Like, if he really truly empathized and regretted it, but he really thought (and in fact had often proven) that this was the best way, but he didn't make any unnecessary sacrifices either. If he was just completely serious about it but happened to have an approach very different from Ikoma who is also totally serious and thought things through, that could have made for an interesting solid dynamic. Plenty of possibility for frustration on both sides but also for respect, competing but sometimes fighting together, etc. Make sure both of them have a point.

I guess that sort of thing was too fucking complicated for these writers though, can't possibly have any shades of gray that might confuse our audiences who are all little children! What a fucking waste of an ok setup.

There are so many potentially great secondary characters with awesome designs that are just killed off and wasted on this show. I would've preferred if they kept Snake and Shimon around longer too.

>Mumei gets turned in to a fused colony by Biba
>Ikoma takes the blue shit and turns in to one too
>His choker is able to withstand the virus unlike Horobi's so he's able to maintain control and subdue Mumei
>Mumei turns in to edgelord kabaneri like Horobi
>Is about to stab Ikoma be hesitates when she sees his face like Horobi did with Biba
>Ikoma shoots her through the heart with his gun
>It looks like he killed her
>The gun was loaded with the white blood antidote and she's cured of the kabaneri
Screencap this

You are it's natural

No wonder his group is filled with men only

>but he really thought
Samefag, also want to be clear, I didn't mean "he really thought" as in he thought that was wrong and just "misguided" or any shit like that, I meant that if he was actually completely right from the point of view of saving as many people as possible and that it had actually worked, and that it represented an actual viable path forward for humanity to retake things quickly. The conflict would be more between what level of sacrifice that's worth vs a slower but more respectful of individual humans approach, etc.

Well, not that any of this matters. God damn it, this reminds me of Gargantia, great setup but then so many fucking strawmen, cutout stereotypes and the humans don't act like actual humans at all. Fuck.

2 cute 4 this world

Rip in pieces

It's such a retarded edgelord chuuni definition of "strength" too. IRL actual leading warriors recognized that individual strength was only one part of the equation, and that it was critical to have the next generation and the one after that coming along as well. "Winning" while losing your future was actually total defeat and only the weakest most worthless shits would fail in defending their women and children.

I'm so tired of the "survival of the fittest" shit. I understand the whole revenge part, but the guy just fucking murders people who aren't a part of his betrayal. This is just shit tier writing for a antagonist. He could have been decent if they made him wait until they get to his father and then start killing his father's men.

NO, user. IT'S BRILLIANT. SO MUCH BETTER THAN AOT.

Like, he could have killed the lord and his men, then ran outside and claimed the entire station as his own. When those soldiers started running towards his train I was thinking, o well he's obviously going to lie and bolster his own strength, but the he just kills them for no reason at all.

I think the reason for killing them was that they were "cowards" for not going after the kabane. Which is utterly fucking stupid, since any good leader of troops knows that the person in charge is the first person to blame. They literally cannot challenge their orders or they die. They don't even have a chance to be courageous and fight the kabane. They're not even fucking equipped to kill them efficiently. This show is just so mindbogglingly backwards.

eyebrows

Yeah, mind blowingly shit tier writing. What the actual fuck, I've read flat out fanfiction with vastly more depth then this. Why do they do this? They might as well have given him a hitler mustache and had him cackle as he set puppies on fire while they were at it, you know just in case some of us didn't get the message that he's the BAD GUY OF BADNESS. Can't be too careful with your audience!

Can anyone explain what the point of that chick's death was? He pretty much wasted her on destroying a gate to a station that was already overrun. hell, in the end she properly kills more of his own men then anything else.

any of the rest of you feel at this point that the shogun was probably completely right in trying to have him killed because he was an over ambitious edgy little psycho as a kid/teen too? and that the shogun actually realized he'd grow up to be an immense jackass who'd wreck everything and was just trying to protect everyone from that?

It'll probably turn out he's pissed off because daddy force fed him habaneros as a kid or something so now he's an edgy retard

>Why do they do this?
It's a chink cartoon.

A trial run for when he sics Mumei on the Shogun.

>Can anyone explain what the point of that chick's death was?

yup hitler was not insane or deluded like edgy pink sephiroth

But he just wasted one of his major assets for no reason. he might a well have waited to test her when he actually needed to destroy an enemy fortress for example, not just mess up gates for no reason.

Testing their lab-created black smoke on a real combat situation.

They had to test that colony thing I guess, but it was totally retarded, they even lost some of their own men.
I don't know from where is Viva sama getting all those soldiers, but it's like he doesn't runs out of them.

How come she broke her glasses?

>use a monocycle on fuckin cement
>extend your arm with a knife
>fuck a metal wire with a 1 meter diameter
>you arm does not tear

what a madman!!!

they also didn't exactly have a clear path through the big wall to go to the Shogun. They got into the station, but still had to get through that first, and it has lots of nasty cannons and soldiers

Hitler was insane and deluded but at least he had goals.
Biba's seem to be 'just kill people mang'

nah man
hitler did not just kill entire populations cause he was mad at his dad.Hitler did not think he was deluded enough to recruit the people he just fucked in order to get revenge at dad

>cut steel cable with a knife

Don't remind me, jesus

BIBA-SAMA UGUU~~

>he thinks Biba only wants to kill his dad

He literally said his objective loud and clear. It is not killing the shogun, thats more of a side goal

>implying his "goal" is not just a rationalization that helps him kill his dad while being dub a "hero"

he is a sociopath

such quality original villainy... so this is the power of amazon class budget...

>Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ends with Ikoma saying, "Let's mosey."

What the fuck was the point of Mumei's training and the 'quick learning' quirk if Ikoma could easily get pinned by some random soldier? I mean fuck, even Ayame was able to take out one of them in the same episode.

What the fuck is the point of Ikoma's character? They gave all the memorable action scenes to Mumei and seeing how there climax plot element involves a Naruto blasting Horomi, the only thing will be remembered is the action.

What did he mean by this?

If whatever poor bastard is being forced to sub this shit pile actually manages to fit that in there I will be genuinely amused.

It's dumb how he hasn't shown any kind of the enhanced strength and agility like Mumei since the fourth episode.

Biba is just Steampunk Pol Pot, that is all. He wants to depopulate his cities at the cost of most of the people's lives, and mold the lives of the rest after his ideals.

>random soldier
>2nd in command after Biba
Heh, you are retarded. Also Ikoma can't do jackshit against trained opponents.

I wanna hug Mumei and protect her from bad plot developments

>ff7
>Kabaneri = SOLDIER = enhanced by injection of evil super cells, can suffer corruption effect
Jesus fuck they even have Dr. Hojo too don't they. This show is a worse written zombie ff7 + snk what the fuck.

Too complicated

>"Look Mumei, this is the world of fairness and equality we've been striving for XD"

>and now they can fire chakra blasts
HERE WE GO

Fuck, if only Horobi had ended it right then and there.

;_;

I hope that pinkcunt die the most suffering way because he killed best girl of the show.

>Ikoma gets to use his hyper pepper powers by removing the riveted infection stopper, brings Biba down a bit but Mumei is the one to finish him off
>Ikoma dies from a massive Capsaicin overdose while lamenting that he won't get to feed anyone rice after all
>gives Takumi a high-five in the afterlife, shields his real imouto's eyes from the 72 virgin waifus his best bro is gifted
>something something working in "the Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress" to the ending with Ayame and Mumei somehow

>I made a very big mistake.

Pfft.
>final show down
>biba seems defeated but then THIS IS NOT EVEN MY FINAL FORM injects himself with finished blue blood
>mega giant blue heart titan zombie forms
>extra big, extra hearts and shit, fires mouth beams everywhere
>HOW CAN THIS BE THAT IS THE *MASTER* KABANE WE ARE DOOMED
>NOT SO FAST!
>Kokujyo has been modified to transform into a giant steam mecha robot
>everyone takes control of various parts of it
>ALL OF OUR HEARTS TOGETHER ARE THE IRON FORTRESS!
>They walk forward to face MEGA KABANE
>all watching soldiers raise fists in salute
>zooms in on baby, baby also raises little fist
screencap this

It seems like a lot of shows are substituting production values for content this season. Hopefully summer will be better

kek

>Biba and his train leave after destroying the track behind him
>Ikoma sees them speeding off into the distance
>cue inventor montage
>at the gates of kongoku
>Biba inject Pepper with blue blood
>She starts her transformat
>Ikoma comes by on the steam ferrari he just made
>drives it off a bridge in the middle of being raised like a ramp
>it lands and punch through to the core
>KISAMA
>AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>Ikoma pulls the black tendrils off Pepper
>She is passed out
>Biba transforms with blue blood shit
>Ikoma about to lose
>PEpper wakes
>"something something belly of rice"
>she turns into edgy kabane
>chakra blasts Biba to hell
>they have a statue or memorial made to Kabaneri's
>zooms out from Mumei statue
>they are in the middle of a rice paddy and living in the fields again
screencap this

I wouldn't say it's entirely one-dimensional.

Think of your typical zombie horde survival scenario.

Do you:

A) Try to save as many people as you can, knowing your supplies are limited and will run out much faster?

B) Leave the people you don't like behind in order to stretch out those supplies and live longer.

C) Start killing every human you meet and deem incapable of defending themselves from a zombie attack because in absolute terms every weak human you leave alive is eventually transformed into a much stronger zombie enemy.

Griffith!..

Is mumei actually retarded?

Can someone explain all the political shit going on in the past couple of episodes and why Biba is all vengeful and shit?

She's a twelve-year-old. So yes.

daddy removed him from the will, so he is killing all humans

Shogun betrayed him 10 years ago or some shit.

Basically he was Orochimaru as a kid but unlike the hokage the shogun realized he was a raging fag and tried to get rid of him without getting his hands dirty, but it didn't work because Sawano needed to fill a villain shaped hole in his plot so instead he became gayer-pinker-edgier-Sephiroth and now he is OUT FOR REVENGEFREEDOM also he found a copy of Nietzsche lying on the ground too and thinks it's a good instruction manual. Now a ragtag team must assemble and get over their differences to beat him, and you won't believe what happens next!

Fucking Biba.

What an absolute cunt.

>Shogun left him and his soldiers to die being eaten by the kabanes.
>He wants revenge
plausible.
But
>Het gets his revenge
>Starts killing people without fucking reason

no user don't you understand letting all your women and children die thus destroying your future is the mark of a STRONK WARRIAR!! BE FREE FROM YOUR CAGE (see cage here ties in with the cage of a kabane heart, so deep!)!

Did this bitch actually think Bibo wasn't going to fuck everything up once his train got inside the station?
Bitch stop thinking with your pussy for a second and use your brain. Yes I know you want to suck his cock, but that doesn't mean his a savior. He's just an asshole.

He didn't kill the Shogun? Who's the glasses guy he fucked up then? Why did the white hair dude try to kill him last week?

>No, you don't have to do that! You just have to wrap something-
>*BLAM*

Better deader than being a pepper.

she's 12
he saved her life
do the math

Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice.

-Makishima Biba

The zombie beam was fucking unnecesary.
Even if it looked cool

that was a cero you uncultured twits!!