Why is Gon such a shit-tier MC?

Looks like Deku from BnH.

what is so bad about gon?

I know hes generic, but half the story isn't even about him and when it is, hes just looking out for his friends(despite being murderers and assassins).

Goku clone

>Gon
>generic

Literally the only reason he could be considered a 'bad' MC is that he's not always likable, and that's because he's not generic and has legit flaws.

He's literally Goku Lite

He's a deconstruction of Goku-clones

so he's generic AND edgy, wow

Do people consider him bad? I think he's a pretty great MC actually, him being so weak compared to the rest of the cast and doing things wrong so often makes it easy to like him.
Also seeing him go from pure innocent to absolute madman to suicidal lunatic was a pretty amazing turn of events.

Generic does not mean perfect.

he is the embodiment of Togashi and his work, aka generic as fuck on the surface but twisted and complex deeper in. Hard to figure out sometimes.

>Fucked many bitches.
>I want to meet my father.

Gon is bad because he is not edgy enough and doesn't give enough uplifting speeches to villains.

Gon lacks any element of heroism and has a thoroughly skewed moral compass. Call it edgy if you don't like it, but it still stops him from being a generic battle shounen MC. Goku sometimes verges on selfish enough as to be unethical, but he's still the heroic good guy saving the world at the end of the day.

Akame ga Kill characters have more in deep characterization than him.

Elaborate, because i read that shit last week and i really don't see who does.

>2011

>muh daddy doe
>muh friends doe
He's like a poor's man Luffy.

Gon is meant to be simple to make everyone else stand out and be more interesting.

This was one of the best, most likable moments in HxH though. None of that bullshit "Friendship beats everything!" cancer so prevalent in anime like I recently watched in Re: Zero. Goddamn that show pissed me off

>muh daddy
He got lost sight of his goal of finding Ging through the entire series and literally said he didn't care as much as he thought he did about him after their meeting.
>muh friends
He never gave friendship speeches like Luffy and even during the whole Kite business it was more about him dealing with his guilt than getting revenge. He's nothing like Luffy, and speaking of him he is a true poor man's Goku since his only defining character traits are eating a lot of food and having friends.

I knew this was a shitpost as soon as i read "muh x doe" but you didn't even put any effort in it.

>The best version.

This entire thread is shitposting desu. What did you expect?

gon isn't the mc

I go back a forth with Gon. Hunter exam all the way up to GI I like him but his decisions in CA leaves me perplexed.

I don't like Gon not because of his character or asspulls but because his power is literally 'my punch is super strong haha'.

He's a poor man's Kid Goku.

Akame ga kill also confirmed the fucking gundam. and pretty much the entire shit ass anime end, after all this fucking wait.

And I have mastered the art of baiting. Thank you, weeabos.

>Re: zero
>friendship
That's the least relevant example