youtu.be/sK7PzvpN_3k
youtu.be/TXgcAinDWW8
youtu.be/v1W7KNlZnaw
youtu.be/O-EJ-W6dsTM
youtube.com/watch?v=fS9JmW6Woac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Nakahara Mai gets another main role at last
>it's for a puppet show

We might get some fanart if it gets some popularity.

Give it time user

She will be back on top again

youtube.com/watch?v=_5IjA8NvWiQ

It is hard to tell if character is male or female.
And I'm not sure if going by VA is good way to tell.

What the fuck am I watching

Urobuchi's next masterpiece.

Why not just make an anime?

Wasn't aware stuff like this had an audience big enough to merit its own series. Interesting, I guess.

Jesus, i thought this was Gundam Thunderbolt.

Why not try something new?

Sage for non-anime shit.

If I'm ever going to watch a Taiwanese puppet show it may as well be this I suppose. It'll be an experience if nothing else.

If not for the less action oriented scenes and closeups, this entire thing would look like game cutscenes. Is there a market for literal puppet shows?

But I'm hyped, is anyone gonna rip it

I'm worried they're going to kill off her brother in the first episode.

There needs to be a siblings fight to the death scene, hopefully Urobuchi will deliver.

>inb4 Mai Nakahara's character dies off in the final episode

Taiwan especially

This makes me want to kill myself

Why?

> Sawano gets another project and it's the Urobuchi puppet show
Can he not go away for a long time so people don't have to get more shows with his same sounding shit?

He really is this decades Yuki Kajiura. At least she only pops up now and then for stuff like the Heaven's Feel movies.

so.
literally h4x tier show.
no director because who needs them right?

>>Gen Urobuchi
>>Hiroyuki Sawano

rEMEMBER ALDNOAH ZERO??

Because it's not a FUCKING ANIME

But it is ANIMATED.
Not drawn, but animated. Animation has much broader meaning than japanese drawn animation.

Subs never?

I want japanese drawn animation and nothing else.

As someone who grew up watching that old japanese folk tale puppet show (in spic tv), I can assure you: Sup Forums will love the puppets.

>But it is ANIMATED
No it isn't, it's puppetry like Thunderbirds.

Urobuchi was totally uninvolved with Aldnoah after the first three episodes

Since fierceness of wuxia battles won't work in anime.
How you would want make scene like this in anime:
youtu.be/-FsQnuxlkag
Without loosing palpable ferocity of battle and turning it into another average anime battle.

First trailer had much better and more fitting music:
youtu.be/ibkDPXYsMiU

Because Urobuchi likes this stuff and he practically begged his bosses at Nitroplus to be allowed to make his own wuxia puppet show

What the fuck

Who watches shit like this anymore

There are official original drawn designs of characters on official site.

If you're talking about wuxia puppet shows, Urobuchi himself
And a lot of taiwanese people

That's more fault of character design than puppets themself. Anyway this is woman, and she is voiced by Oohara Sayaka

That at least looks like a woman. Unlike

I only just realised this, but she looks quite a bit like Zakuro.

My Urobuchi bingo is ready

Not really, just breast are more visible in this art. But her face is pretty androgynous.

Following scenes:
youtu.be/sK7PzvpN_3k
youtu.be/TXgcAinDWW8
youtu.be/v1W7KNlZnaw
Pretty nice example of action, performance and dialogues.

Nothing in here can't be done animated. Like nothing at all.

Scene itself of course can be done in animation, but that ferocious feeling from battle will be gone. Animated action is evoking little different feeling than live action. You would need at least use rotoscoping to replicate at least something closer to this feeling.

Another point is that you would need very high budget to have enough detailed animation, to portray all those battle moves. When you start reduce moves on typical anime flashes and smudges, ferociousness of wuxia will be gone again.

Eh, why the hell not. I mean, if you check out, like, some older USSR cartoons and other stuff like this, they used some real weird ass animation techniques occasionally. A puppet show is but a trivial thing. It's just like my Gintama and shit.

A better question is which puppet is getting decapitated first?

Just use the right animators.
You guys are stupid or delusional. You can do anything with drawings much more than fucking puppets. Some animators can into hectic action.

>Just use the right animators.
It's not about animators. It's about difference of visual medium. Some things are simply inapplicable in some medias. And you are very naive, if you think otherwise.

I wish this series was fully translated. The story seems pretty interesting too.

Apparently the show has been running since the 80s and it utilizes the same characters, if they happen to die they get resurrected.
Just watch Legend of the Sacred Stone to know what the show is like, it's like a spin-off with some of the same characters.

>user declares AOTY before show even airs
>Anyone cares

Yeah, you've got shit taste before the show's even started. You validation hungry nigger.

I've heard Pili's story wasn't that good though? According to the person posting subs that was the reason they split.

I haven't watched Pili more than few highlight clips, but I do see comments about the story being weak with the latter series.

The movie was decent enough.

Whoa, this is great.

Resurrection stuff is from Pili.
Clips posted are from 金光布袋戲. I don't think anyone resurrects in it but they're very resilient and come back just when you thought they were dead.

Another work from same studio that will do Thunderbolt. You can expect similar, from it.

For those who are interested from time 10:17, you can see making of this scene youtu.be/O-EJ-W6dsTM

The death scenes are surprisingly violent.

youtube.com/watch?v=fS9JmW6Woac

They're by different companies actually.