Russian ‘botnet’ promotes far-right messages in German election

>Researchers say botnet with links to Russia started to promote hashtags on Twitter connected to the AfD over the last 48 hours

>The researchers said that a so-called botnet — a collection of automated accounts that can repost messages quickly to spread them widely online — with links to Russia had started to promote hashtags on Twitter connected to the AfD over the last 48 hours. There had been a significant spike in such online activities, according to the think-tank’s Digital Forensic Research Lab, in an effort to boost far-right turnout during the election.

>Ahead of Germany’s parliamentary election on Sunday, online supporters of the far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) party began warning their voter base of possible election fraud and calling for observers. On Saturday, the eve of the election, their efforts increased, driven by anonymous troll accounts and boosted by a Russian-language botnet.

medium.com/@DFRLab/electionwatch-final-hours-fake-news-hype-in-germany-cc9b8157cfb8

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Mitgliedern_der_Atlantik-Brücke
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BLOW IT OUT YER ASS

>posting pro AfD Hashtags is voter-fraud

if 2017 has taught me anything it's that russia's universities have a computer science program that wipes the floor with the west's

so if I want to delegitimize my opposition all I need to do is pay someone to write a russian-language botnet to promote them?

Could anyone explain to me how Russia benefits from the other countries getting a more conservative government? Liberals are pushovers, so this narrative makes no sense to me. Even less with Russia having commie tendencies.

Too bad for them that there are almost no Germans on twiter over the age of 25.

Sorry but I can't take that "le Russian interference" bullshit serious after the bullshit they pulled in the American and French elections

it's true, you know..SPB and Moscow are always frst at the ACM contests

>Server controilling "botnet" is in russia
>Russia happens to have the most lax internet policies of any nation
>People take notice of this and use russian VPS's for whatever the hell they want
>MUH RUSSIA IS ATTACKING US.

You know the stupidest part about this whole agenda the left is pushing is that someone could easily be using VPN tunneling to make it seem like it's coming from Russia and people would know the world will take it hook, line ans sinker with no questions asked. Secondly, even if it was genuinely coming from Russia, why would it be impossible that regular every day Russians who are computer literate just want a certain outcome?

Lastly, why is there anything wrong with any individuals advertising to push a certain party?

(((researchers)))

>(((Russian))) botnet.

If Russia can just use twitter to influence the election then the solution is to shut down Twitter

Lol imagine if we could campaign and get twitter closed becasue >muh russia, that would be hilarious. So much butthurt

Reminder that the results for the voting booths are not public and can only be bought for 95€.

God Bless Russia. They've suffered immensely under the Jewish Terrorist Lenin, they're wise to the threat of the Semites.

Its not to get a "more conservative government"

The aim of Russia is to get inexperienced radicals into government, or in the very least to get some in parliament, to destabilize and divide those countries and international organizations which Putin and his cronies view as a threat to them.

Please do your homework and look up these terms:
>Gerasimov Doctrine
>Reflexive Control
>Active Measures

forgot pic

> everything I don't like is a russian botnet

"With links to Russia" means one of several proxies used is located in Russia. The mental gymnastics liberal journalists go through to blame everything on Russia are astounding.

See, this is just another proof how Russians hacked US election to put their puppet Trump into power. USA might as well be part of the Russian federation at this point. Why aren't you people taking this threat more seriously?

Stupid liberals stop blaming the russians they are my favourite goys

Guys*

Russia, russia, russia! Why's it always about Russia! When's it gonna be about Jan?

wew lad, you sure are overelaborate with your theories.

Putin wants nationalist governments in because they would be in favor of leaving Russia alone and bucking against NATO efforts to target Russia as Europe's de facto enemy to justify its existence.

Putin wants to sell Europe petroleum products. He doesn't want their countries (and economies) in chaos.

Oy vey!

That gif made me go from 0-100 in horny, who's she?

>tfw I am supposed to either be a bot or paid shill
>tfw I'm just a low paid wage slave that gets kicks from political memes

Was Hitler just a Russianhack? Have we all been duped for centuries by Russian bots?

Wtf I hate right wing views now!

>USSR is dissolved
>Russia immediately starts infringing on former USSR countries independence
>former USSR countries beg to be incorporated into NATO in response
>"HURRRR, WHY ARE YOU ENCIRCELING ME!?!?!?!?!?"
>Russia holds regular 80,000 troop drills just on the other side of the border
>NATO does 800 troop trill as a response
>"OMG, THE NATO IS PREPARING TO WAR WITH US"
>Russia regularily violates its neibghour's airspace with its fighter jets
>NATO starts partolling the skies in response
>"ITS HAPPENING, ITS HAPPENING, THE WAR IS IMMINENT"

You do remember what NF, AfD, Wilders and others have in common btw? They've called for Crimea recognition. They're calling for EU dissolution. Trump's initial isolationist program also comes to mind.
>Liberals are pushovers
Indeed, but they hate Russia and are less likely to trade their policy away.

You could just hire a Russian botnet to run the hashtag spam like a normal person.
>why is there anything wrong with any individuals advertising to push a certain party?
When its the wrong party being supported, only then is it Russian to advertise or support them.
I wonder if they will do something similar and claim Russian influence over the next Aussie election? We do love our political me too-ism, like an annoying little brother.

this, unironically.
Although NATO advancement story wasn't that simple – Putin, according to various reports, initially wanted to join it.

I've said this before!
If you vote AfD you're a Russian agent!
And if you don't agree with me you're also a Russian agent!
Try to disprove it fags.
(pro-tip: you fucking can't)

Long live BASED and ETERNAL Chancellor Merkel and BASED Vice-Chancellor Martin Schulz (and you know they are going to win)!

Repeat it after me:
4 MORE YEARS!
4 MORE YEARS!

good shit russia

>(((((((MEDIUM.COOOOOOOOOM))))))))))

IGNORE
SODOMITE
SEMITE
ORDERS

Oh, subhuman...

Russians are chauvinistic and oppressive. If they gain control of Europe they will treat everyone the same way they treated Poles and they will suppress all cherished progressive values.
Wouldn't you much rather have progressive values suppressed by a Rape Caliphate promoting genocide and systematic destruction of every trace of western history? Of course you would.

>wonder if they will do something similar and claim Russian influence over the next Aussie election?

I doubt it because our "conservative" (barely centre-right) government is already in power. Any outside party has zero chance of winning. Despite what people in the US try to say, the two party system is the norm for most countries in the world. In Australia it's Labor(left) vs Liberal(centre-right).

Ah, you're operating from an alternative timeline of history I see. Never mind then.

Good thing there was never any NATO expansion into Eastern Europe in your world after the USSR fell. Not an inch, one might say.

In your world, Russia must really be like SPECTRE from James Bond. Scary!

Without control of the information space there is no effective defense - any more than there is against advertising. Information attacks are progressive and cumulative in effect. Increasingly hysterical and credulous a networked crown is vulnerable to induced epidemic insanity.
Anonymous networking and RCT with demographic database targeting gives comprehensive control.

I dont really get this- but then i dont use twitter... Why would anyone care what some bots spam?

Why would you follow the accounts of those bots? Who would look at their tweets? Do people ACTUALLY look what hashtags are being posted a lot and then read random tweets with those hashtags? why would anyone do that?

Why do news allways cite twitter, whats trending on twitter etc etc... I dont know anyone who cares at all.

I get it makes sense to look at important peoples tweets, like trump etc... But why would anyone care what bots with no followers(except other bots) post??

Pretty much all GRU and US fellow travelers of the mind virus susceptible variety.

lol at puny plan, look what a real plan is

These types of onlooking, observers are forever necessary in ALL elections WORLDWIDE!

Why haven't investigations been put forth about the common, public knowledge of CIA being able to hack while making it look like Russian (or any other country) encryptions?

We know Shillary's campaign was colluding with media and pollsters, which is why I believe these Kikebook Russian got were created, when Shillary's campaign knew the REAL polling numbers, to give a conspiracy to the left about Trump collusing with Russia, when this is a communist, global tactic.

Unfortunately, Ukraine and Georgia were late to act on NATO membership. They paid the price in 2008 and 2014, as you can see in that map. Not to mention Moldova, which has a Russian backed separatist region that still has the hammer and sickle in its flag.

*Russian BOTS

Shiite, that's me, there, upper left.

>support right-wing politicians
>they are unelectable because they are Russian shills
>leftists turn USA and Western Europe into shitholes
>the only relevant country in Europe is Russia
Don't underestimate Russian maskirovka.

Oh, and also we don't have primary elections like the US, we don't get to decide who leads the party. The party decides who leads the party and can at any time replace their leader if they don't like what they're doing, which has happened before.

>floor nation with sub 90 IQ terrorists and rapists
>"russian botnets on twitter are making people sympathetic to inexperienced leaders, which will weaken the country"

NATO immediately set Russia up as its punching bag right after the collapse. It absorbing Russia's neighbors was a national security threat.

There was just too much animosity between the CIA and the former KGB for the West to ever allow Russia to join them without being totally subservient and thoroughly humiliated. You can see how this animosity exists even to this day.

There is also billions of dollars at stake for defensive contractors. Let's not forget that either.

Not underestimate RU compromat.

Really bad deal considering russian women are cuter

As much as they wank over their respective flags, most rightists are traitors sucking the dick of Uncle Vlad. Their propaganda networks should be dismantled with great prejudice.

Oh no, the tweets will destroy Germany.

No way Boris. I know the secret of turning matter into spirit.

>There was just too much animosity between the CIA and the former KGB for the West to ever allow Russia to join them without being totally subservient and thoroughly humiliated. You can see how this animosity exists even to this day.
>There is also billions of dollars at stake for defensive contractors. Let's not forget that either.
That's true. I was mostly referring to recent warmongering. It's just retarded powerplay by Genshtab but some people will unironically believe it to be true and blame US for it.

american women will become cute under communist low calories diet

Go AfD go!
Down the EU!
Up the Nation State!
FUCK the refugees!

Everyone who can make alcohol is a good man in my book.

>intervening to prevent a hostile international coalition from building missile systems aimed at your cities right across your border

Putin is such a scoundrel!

Ahhhh, Russian mind control! Must.... Heil..... HITLER!

>FUCK the refugees!
Maybe fuck the refugees, but Britain certainty leads by example in importing pakis, poos and west indie niggers.
Cukcs like Farage and Hannan are completely fine with that.

No. Every country must control its own information space.

"so things must be divided among gods and monkeys.
The monkeys may rule all that they can see and understand men and Gods shall have the rest."

but Russia is already a shithole if you get out of Moscow/ St Petersburg

Meanwhile, the leadership of every single party (except AfD and the far left) including Merkel are members of an NGO created to secure American interests in Germany.

And not just leading politicians, but leading figures from media and banking, too.

Of course Russian sympathies are a problem when the establishment is basically an American proxy.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Mitgliedern_der_Atlantik-Brücke

I thought we were an Indonesian aluminium origami board and not a Rusisan botnet? Wtf have I gotten myself into?

Destabilize the west through internal conflict

Are you really this retarded?
Russians are the only ones who currently have offensive missile systems in the region.

YES. Berlin within nuke range. DO IT PUTIN.

I guess it's a good thing Putin intervened then, huh?

Listen to me here now, nigger: Russia did not make European Union and European countries to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees, immigrants, open their borders, and lose their control of the refugee/immigrants already inside Europe.

This was on EU's behalf. And the simplest answer that the resistance answer to eroding nationalism is spiking nationalism. This happened in 1919-1945 for example when Germany's sovereignty was removed.

Russia doesn't need to do anything. East Germanistan people themselves, at least based on the interviews I have read, feel abandoned and their feel dates back to reunification.

Nigger.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kompromat on Petri if you register my oscillation

Lads did Russians cause literally everything that upsets weird trannie liberals?

Honestly, I hope Merkel does get reelected so we can continue to blame all these terrible Germany/EU policies on the Merkel who is responsible. Merkel and her policies have been a great tool to undermine and eventually divide and conquer the EU.

Death to Germany and to the EU. Thanks Merkel for being the perfect tool to get the job done.

It's my understanding that these "defensive" weapons systems can easily be made offensive in a short matter of time.

Russia's "offensive" weapons system that you're referencing is almost assuredly like Israel's Samson option. In other words, it's a last resort deterrent.

No shit they can do that.
They can also fucking insert nukes into any ICBM at the borders of Russia.

Why would you need an ICBM, if you're already at the boarder? It would be enough with short range missiles/bombers.

Believe me, We're the one who would actually need a "Samson option" against Russia.

Another illustration of forces in the region.
Yet somehow Russia is still seen as a victim and in danger...

Would you say you align more with the left or the right politically?

You can make an excellent cider in a garbage bag. People laugh until they try it. Just need a hot sugary juice and a little bit of yeast over three to four days. This will be valuable in war times right?

First of all you have to understand that the "classic" political compass does not work here in the Baltics.

I'm a far right nationalist, who's pro-NATO presence here (I couldn't care less about their actions elsewhere), but skeptical of the EU, however I support our membership.
I understand that these might seem as contradictions, but they really aren't.

You see for years the Kremlin has funded Jewish, leftist and anti-Fascist groups (see Tatjana Zdanoka) in Latvia, to divide and create tension among the native Latvian and the Russian immigrant populations.

The Russian media constantly refers to the Baltics as "Nazis" because Estonia and Latvia are the only countries that pay respects to their veterans who fought against Bolshevism during WW2. Commemoration events where 90yo men lay flowers at monuments and cemeteries are depicted as "Nazi marches" in the Russian media, as well as some Western outlets that get their info from Russian sources.

Lenin and bolsheviks made Russia great again, before it was just an agrarian shithole.

What is Latvia like? I have family history there.

Yeah? Where you from?
I've traveled a lot through Old (Western) Europe in my student years, so I have some references to compare to, but I would be much easier if you had some particular things you want me to describe.

Its pretty much a de facto white ethno state. If you walk down the main street of our capital, you will not see a single non-white.
The city architecture and the nature of the country side is renowned and beautiful. The politics are rather boring.
There are a couple of bad things the tax system and poor infrastructure in less populated areas. And the current social problems that are a consequence of bad policies from the 1990s.

From Australia

Every time I looked up any information about going there, it was plastered with warnings about high theft and whatnot.

>agrarian
>shithole

Hello suburban cuck.

>itt proud member of butthurt belt tells us about RUSSIAN THREAT

I was warned about theft before going to Prague as well. When I was actually there, I felt a million times safer than I ever did in Paris or Berlin.

Don't keep valuables in backpacks, but that#s just common sense anywhere.

>4th world largest industry in 1916
>agrarian shithole

Its complete rubbish, Latvia is one of the safest countries in Europe. And crime rates are very low, especially in tourist areas and the country side.

The only possible way I see you getting robbed or beaten, is if you're a part of some degenerate stag party and so drunk you're asking for it.

>Putin can nuke Berlin and Stockholm from the same place.
I want only one thing this Christmas.

the concept of imageboards is so foreign to them that they blame Russia... again

What warmongering are you talking about?

>Hmmm those Russians really are behind everything sneakily promoting their interests. controlling politicians and subverting societies
Jews really are projecting their behaviour onto others hard aren't they. They love accusing their enemies of what they do. As the old Polish saying goes "The Jew screams in agony as he strikes you"

>inexperienced radicals
What experience do leftst politicians have other than systematically degrading the cultural, demographic, intellectual and economic level of the nations that they rule?

Great to see you redneck.

Thank Alahh Germans wont fall for this cheap russian bot propaganda and will elect experienced politicians that will continue to import millions of nuclear physicists, engineers and doctors into Europe and protect its multicultipedogender heritage.