What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Incompetent writer, incompetent director.

Like pretty much every other anime out there.

When it started to go the typical way of "the humans are the true evil" shit

I still can't figure out why anyone expected this show to be good. Everyone was praising the "animation" just because of the OP sequence and an extra layer of shading.

The plot and characters were dull from the start. What on Earth did any of you expect to get out of this?

speed lines

Are you for fucking real

Leave him alone, all he ever wanted was to stuff his pepper with rice

Araki doing what he does best, making 1 dimensional characters that yell a lot.

Its still the best anime of the season

but that's macross delta

>I still can't figure out why anyone expected this show to be good.
This.

But that is Concrete Revolutio.

Really really really poor direction and writing.
Biba could have been introduced in episode 4.
You could almost condense episode 1-3 into the first episode.
Feudalism is a very poor disguise for extremely shit writing.

>introduce Biba in ep 1
>make Ikoma Biba's #1 Fan who only got into science to help him achieve his dream
>have Ikoma accepted into Biba's force because of his self-Kabaneri and become Mumei's sidekick
>have Ikoma only start doubting Biba AFTER spending time inside his inner circle
>make IKOMA the one who decides to capture Kabane for research and have them escape and kill people because of HIS fuckup

Would you watch my Kabaneri reboot?

No.

gattai zombies
laser zombies

Should've just stayed as "zombies on a steam train". Have the Shogun's place already be wrecked by the time they get though so they just keep going.

Biba works as a character because he is introduced LATER.
I get that you want to turn everything into the one show you watched, but damn, please make it more subtle.

Snowpiercer with zombies?

>most famous liberator of all time who uses multiple kabaneri as soldiers
>best introduced later having never been mentioned before and unknown to the MC, who's never heard of kabaneri despite being used by the famous liberator who's a hero to everyone in the world

Okay.

Mumei was so shitty that I couldn't get past the first few episodes. This show was hopeless from the start.

You should watch the first two episodes again.
Biba isn't introduced until almost the episode where he arrives in flesh.
He is "somebody similar to Mumei" because he is related to Mumei. But he isn't Mumei.
We don't even get to know that he has a army until the Left Hand arrives and tells Mumei to join him in his shit assassination attempt.

It should have stayed low key scary like episode 1 and 2.
Zombies are a bit too strong with the lazers and shit.

I still like the characters though.

the show lost any pretense of an interesting setup the second they got off the train anyway, so yes.

I liked it up until Biba was introduced. This show didn't really need a big bad. It was fine when it was just about surviving and attempting to find safety and a new home. Typical japanese writing though always has to be black and white and needs silly melodrama or cartoonish villains in order to wrap things up.

Truly. I don't understand the normalfags fascination with her.

Let's put it this way, I wasn't expecting to get a qt musclefu out of it.

1st ep was epic- zombies were scary, people defenseless, piercing gun necessary, Mumei mysterious and Ikoma badass.
And later everything went wrong- Mumei became Mary Sue, Ikoma loud, weak pussy, zombies are now dummies killed in hundreds and special piercing gun had all except Ikomas village

I'm so sad the wasted Haruhiko Mikimoto on this

Despite being a complete retard, closeted pedo normalfags go for her since she looks like a legal loli (despite being like 14)

I think it had a lot of potential.

But sadly it took like the worst shit from SnK and made the MC one dimensional and cliché (durr durr I need to kill them all and free the world because my family drama), the cool and mysterious chick who had a kinda reasonable point at the start (not particulary caring about other people) into some whiney brainwashed retard

I'm 4-5 episodes in. They sure love hitting MC over the slightest reason. Hell, they don't even need a reason.

it's to show his struggle of being a superhuman

Ikoma is built for bullying, I guess

Absolutely nothing went wrong
Everyone who spends their days whining about how much better "old anime" from the 80's and 90's were are getting a taste of exactly what the good stuff was like back then.

Got bored when they reached the first station and spend three episodes doing nothing.
It's starting to improve but like the show it's a train wreak

Wait, she went back to the twintails style? Picking this shit back up.

Yup. People are finally learning

Anime fanbase is full of shitposters and morons. Anyway if we can't even get one decent TV show out of the remaining 2nd half of the year I'm done with TV anime and will just be following whatever OVA and movies come out that might look interesting and where all the competent people still in the industry seem to have retreated too. I swear it's been almost 3 years since I've seen even a competent show. It was kind of funny seeing all these trainwrecks for a while but now it's just feeling like a waste of time. I honestly thought it would have pulled out of this run by now.

I just liked the MC. Wasn't groundbreaking or anything but he was a decent mix of hotheaded moralfag and charismatic hero guy.

All that goodwill was thrown out the window a couple episodes ago though when vivalabiba came in and brought the already low general IQ level of the plot down by 20 points

I had so much fun in episode 1 and 2, Mumei ruined it for me and I dropped it in episode 5.

Honestly I'd say Mumei is the problem

No way

this show is nothing at all like the "old anime" except for the art

They let Okouchi write again.

i enjoyed the show but yeah i can agree op that the plot just went to shit. Lazer fucking zombies. And now the story is basically going into cliche and it feels bland and re-used. I just wished the main character could've been smarter. There could've been some more drama. Infact i wanted to see Ikoma escape of the train after some drama fight and see how he'd survive outside and the stuff he could do. We already got alot of moralfag mcs running around. I wanted to see a badass Ikoma who used his brains and a non generic plot. Now the show is basically not any special. And again why did they bring super powered zombies with lazers the story is going to shit now. I could accep the Colonies to some extent but now this is getting rather ridiculous.