It's Time to Cut Your Cable Television Subscription

How many anons don't pay for cable subscriptions anymore? I just canceled mine yesterday because I am sick of them politicizing every fuckin form of entertainment. These lefties already had the lowest summer sales in Hollywood, already had the lowest Emmy's ratings ever, and the NFL ratings keep dropping. Let's continue their downfall, especially if all those "oppressed" football players take a kneel today. For those anons who haven't cut their cable, why haven't you?

Other urls found in this thread:

ispot.tv/ad/AQPb/xfinity-on-demand-black-film-and-tv-collection
ispot.tv/ad/wTTh/xfinity-on-demand-x1-black-film-and-tv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just have internet. Nothing else needed.

Hey asstard, your internet is being supplied by a coaxial cable still.

All you fucking idiots are likely using coaxial cable right now and you don't even know it. "Cut the cord" is such a fucking stupid way to describe people getting rid of cable. You still have the fucking cable you assclowns.

You really don't need anything other than the internet to see what's going on. What's the point of those stupid channels on television anyway now?

Not true in my case faggot. I still got internet

>triggered by semantics
WEW

DSL retard, do not assume. Makes you look like an ass.

Stopped watching TV 8 years ago

Did so years back. Not for any political reason. Mostly because the quality dropped, the ads increased, the price increased, cable companies splitting channels in to tiers so you had to pay huge amounts for a bunch of channels you didn't want just for access to the single one you did. Internet got better for streaming, individual people produced more interesting content than big corporations ever did. So. Snip.

>op just cut cable yesterday
You're a bit late to the party user

Then you still have a copper CABLE connecting your home.

'But I got fiber optik!"

Then you have a fiber optic CABLE connecting to your own.

You will always have a 'cord' or a 'cable' connecting your home to the internet. You will never, EVER fully get rid of the cable unless you switch to wireless, and GOOD LUCK with that!

Plan on dropping the cable box within the year.

Go completely stream or DVD format.

>within a year
start now user

>other people's opinions offend me

I'm 33 and I've never paid for cable tv.

What's worse? Having autism or pretending to have autism?

Want to cancel my cable. If i cancel comcast will charge me more for the slower internet alone than the faster one with tv. If i cancel tv they will put a datacap on my internet as well, granted its like 1tb, but still its principle.

We desperately need to destroy the communications monopoly. There is no reason mid tier internet only should cost more than $30-$40 a month.

>What is wimax?

>There are people who still own a TV after the 00's.

I cut the cord to Comcast/Xfinity five years ago, however I still feed those Jews for my internet service.

>being this retarded
How stupid are you to not understand what the op is saying?

>never payed for cable tv
feels good graduating highschool in 2003 and being capable of finding anything I want to watch on the internet.

I dumped comcast when Obama got elected. The dude at the cable place was speechless when I told him that was why I was canceling.

Other people can say whatever the fuck they want. I have the right to not pay for it dumbfuck

"Oh geez, he got me and he's right, fuck it, better call him an autist, that'll show her!"

I stopped paying for cable TV in 2005. No social media either. It's both peaceful and infuriating at the same time. Peaceful without having to put up with nonsense, but infuriating when you encounter the mindless drones who haven't unplugged.

No shit retard. Stating the obvious there? If you do not understand why people use the expression, you are lost.

Nothing on regular TV worth watching,and any show I'd like enough to want is available on DVD or Netflix/Hulu eventually.

Haven't had a tv in many years.

When i had one i found myself just watching the same brain killing shit over and over again then the commercial breaks come on and it's just cringeworthy and mind numbing shit. Little "funny" commercials for normal people.

One day i asked myself why am i watching this shit? Mostly the tv was just on in the background and i was watching tv mostly because of it being a habit ever since i was very young.

Then i threw that motherfucker away

You do know that your electricity comes through a cable too right? Your water and gas come through pipes which aren't all that different. If you want to cut yourself off from society then you're going to have to go innawoods and live in a hut.

No baseball is on and the nationals made the playoffs.

Haven't tried the streaming app so the trial run begins next season.

It's called a metaphor, dipshit.

why would you need a TV subscription in the current age?
there's jewlu, kikeflix, and even isreazon prime. literally no reason at all to pay for cable tv if you have internet access.

Got rid of DirecTV a few months ago after they jacked my price up 100% after a year. Now I piggyback Sling and Netflix from a friend. Antenna for HD locals.

I havent had cable since like 2014.

Oh yes, just because the angry orange moron is angry with the NFL, they're surely going to struggle. Regardless of their Nielsen ratings going down, I'm pretty sure the NFL will do just fine. This whole thing just shows you how hypocritical both the left and right are. The left doesn't tolerate free speech, the right shits on them for it. Now that some left leaning people refuse to stand for the national anthem, the right won't tolerate that.

You're both fucking morons and Trump needs to fuck off back to his golden tower.

>N Korea is threatening us like never before
>Better tweet about how mean NFL players are being to me

Christ, how can anyone with an IQ over 50 support this fucking turd?

Dont have tv since 2001.

Never regretted it even once. Straight never.

Been TV free for 5 years. Waste of money.

Why even watch tv shows? All I see being promoted are these faggot ass nigger shows like black-ish and dear white people. Internet forums are all I need for entertainment.

>How many anons don't pay for cable subscriptions anymore?
according to neilsons more this generation has 17 million people who have never had cable television, the largest generation of non subscribers to date

>her

Get ready for them to call you in about 2 months relentlessly trying to get you to sign back up. Including things like offering you the TV service for 'Only $3 more per month than you're currently playing (plus a $40/month price increase once the promotional period ends)'

The cable TV industry is in chaos right now. People who don't watch TV don't want cable, and people who do are switching to things like PlaystationTV and whatnot. The shareholders aren't happy, and the cable companies are willing to do nearly anything to be able to tell the shareholders that people aren't cutting their cords in droves.

Please do the world a favor and say no when they call you and try to 'convince' you to sign back up for TV service.

>You still have the fucking cable you assclowns.
yeah but total control over how many ads will or will not be viewed

I cancelled three years ago.

Fuckin shill. The NFL ratings have been struggling for the past year now. Get

>be a Finn
>pay your cable thru media tax
>so your government propaganda channels can have half billion budget

It's included in the cost of rent at my apartment.. I keep it only because I have it hooked up to my bedroom tv. The living room tv has my entertainment center and Roku, which is far superior. I'll probably buy a firestick for the bedroom tv and get rid of (((cable))) once and for all soon.

AppleTV or Roku is all you need anymore

The cable tv subscription format is dead.

If my grandmother can use the streaming app, I don't think you'll have any trouble friend

Shows mes Muh Blacks Movies and Tvs!!!!!

ispot.tv/ad/AQPb/xfinity-on-demand-black-film-and-tv-collection

>You will always have a 'cord' or a 'cable' connecting your home to the internet. You will never, EVER fully get rid of the cable unless you switch to wireless, and GOOD LUCK with that!

we already have mesh networking and microSD flash subscription services that deliver all the content the internet has and more to my house pre filtered for ads for a low monthly rate, the card arrives on a postcard and nobody knows what I am interested in

seriously the internet needs to be protected like your library records and mail service and until is it the service is not worth any money

Haven't had Cable or Internet for over three years... feels good!

T.fuckingphoneposter

Coaxial internet is the only broadband internet available to 99% of America if you didn't fall for the smart phone meme. Fortunately they'll have to upgrade to fiber if they don't want the entire infrastructure to melt from all the streaming going on.

just pay more or do that thing where you bypass the cap by twisting the wires around magnets

cancel your broadcast services already goy

I just have internet. Cut the corded jew seven years ago. Quit watching (((MSM))) completely.

I used to follow the Bear's in the 80's. Gradually came to realize I was wasting a lot of emotion, time and money on a (((game))) that didn't give two fucks about me or my family.

Y-You are a N-Nazi if you don't s-support the anthem k-kneeldowns.

it's so funny when you're talking to them and they're telling you how many channels you will get for only 1.00 extra and you tell them that it isn't part of your lifestyle and you would pay extra not to have it in your home

Also delete your Facebook immediately.

So then you understand what you're getting when you purchase the package?

Where I live there's a fiber startup rolling out fiber to the home. Really good prices for gigabit internet. The company I work for was one of their first commercial customers, and it's fantastic.

I've been trying to get people in my neighborhood to request service for a while, and they're finally building here. I can't wait. Even people who have Comcast still benefit, because Comcast has to cut their prices in half to compete. My buddy has the fiber service in his neighborhood, and Comcast offers significantly better pricing where he lives compared to where I live.

Soon. Soon.

Nope! Because of something called DOCSIS 3.1!

10 Gigabit up AND downstream! The future is still cable!

>why would you need a TV subscription in the current age?
because you're into pro sports

I think you're a retard for saying this, but I'll bite:
So the content coming through TV cable acts to control you (commercials, mindless tv programming).
The water coming into the house probably has chemicals diluted in it that hammers our testosterone levels... control.
Natural gas and electricity get us hooked and dependent and they have so called "connection fees" that can be jacked up to confiscate your wealth and force you to support political scams like Global Warming.
I think you were just being a pedantic asshole, but you are right in a way.

Don't know if that's true so I'm sticking to my plan, buddy.

why stop at cutting cable? cancel your netflix, hulu, whatever you got. if you use streaming services, you're still subsidizing the ((( media conglomerate ))). i just have a 1tb usenet block account that lasts me forever.

>I'm pretty sure the NFL will do just fine
hope not

I have never had facebook, twiiter, insta, and all that narcissistic shit

>cut cable

you'd rather pay for multiple streaming services and high-priced inet? ok. you're playing with semantics here regardless.

Ultimately this

>if you didn't fall for the smart phone meme
I stream anything I want, and use a computer at the same time from my phone. All devices connect to one fucking phone, at the same time.
Stay fucking mad as fuck, nigger

All that liberal shit is on Fox, CBS, NBC, and ABC, all of which is available over airwaves.

I'll never understand why people buy little boxes or sticks to hook up to their TVs. Laptops have HDMI/DNLA, phones have DNLA/HDMI or docks, and those are far superior than the above former.

I think it was metaphorical for downsizing your subscription to just Internet

here is the ad actually

ispot.tv/ad/wTTh/xfinity-on-demand-x1-black-film-and-tv

Refer to the Shhhheeeeeitt pic my apaulageez

I don't even own a television

>the year of our lord 2017
>watching adults play games meant for children

You still have to pay for it, even if you cut the cable.

just fyi

>All that liberal shit is on Fox, CBS, NBC, and ABC, all of which is available over airwaves.
which you can't accurately measure for metric data about viewership, I know most people participating in neilsons don't even have television, they're just making shit up to get 30 bucks

I see this thread is full of assclowns who cannot comprehend the difference between an internet subscription and a cable television entertainment subscription, but I'll add to the conversation anyway and say that we have not had a TV in the house for over 15 years now, don't miss it a bit.
Occasionally when we stay in a hotel we find ourselves watching TV for the novelty of it, but that wear off in a short while and we turn the thing off.
TV is shit tier quality entertainment. It used to be better, before "reality" programming (which is dirt cheap to make) came in.

Imagine being this big of a retarded faggot

>phoneposters

This house is run on streaming now, we cut our cable subscription this year

Cable is a colloquial term for packaged TV networks delivery service dipshit.

they are our target audience, if they drop the networks we can defeat them

satellite networks cost millions to maintain, I think we can pull their satellites out of orbit or force a sale inside 5 years

My place come with free cable. I don't watch it. Just leave it on Fox News is my only option.

Fucking idiot

share as much as possible
pay as little as possible
suffocate the beast

>watching baseball on TV
I can understand watching from the stands, but it is hard to find a worse spectator sport. Even golf is more dynamic.

Fiber optics nigger

Wow you guys get ripped off. Unlimited broadband is like £20/month

Their industry is dying

So is the NFL... they keep blaming their low ratings on other events like a bunch of faggots

>actually watching (((TV))) programs
>not using the (((TV))) as a glorified video player

>Hey asstard, your internet is being supplied by a coaxial cable still.

Imagine being this fucking retarded
Imagine it

Yes, the dynamism of Golf has never ceased to amaze and astound me.

You know what? I wish hockey announcers did the golf announcing for a year.

You have a TV licence, finnbro?
I feel your pain. At least here we can legally opt out if it if we don't have a TV

Sure, what would you do, in their shoes. It's the only argument they've got.

Ok retard.

>Imagine being this fucking retarded
Impossible.

Har de har har you must be a blast to talk to between pitches.