I have to watch this film for film class (taking it for humanities credit) and write 1-2 paragraphs about what i think...

I have to watch this film for film class (taking it for humanities credit) and write 1-2 paragraphs about what i think of it. Number one, i dont want to watch this blatant piece of propaganda. Number two, I can tell you my thoughts of it already...

anyone actually watch it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVlVnAKYuj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Didn't watch it because I am not your negro

Focus on the technical aspects. Mute it if you must.

kek

thats a good idea

Yeah, talk about the cinematography and how it achieves it's goal. Don't talk about it's message. Don't take the bait. Your professor laid a trap, and as a college student, it's your job to fucking graduate. So sidestep the trap and carry on down the path towards your diploma.

woops, I meant to be referencing this guy's suggestion.

Haven't seen it.

Write about how it stereotypes blacks into one field of thought as though they are insects and as such must be opposed!

Or something.

how weak are your convictions that a single movie might throw them out
watch it so you can argue against it (outside the classroom) in the future you pussy

Pay attention to Postmodern Neo-Marxist themes.
You're looking for anything that rejects statistical facts and supplants them with anecdotes or subjective feelings. Postmodernism rejects reality, truth, and reason. It also suggests there is no right or wrong and everything is equivalent.
When looking for the Neo-Marxist part, you're looking for any kind of oppressor/oppressed paradigm. Basically you'll be looking for criticisms of white people for the fact that these people's lives suck or especially as if that's the reason that all black people's lives suck.

Don't just deconstruct the narrative the movie is going to try to create, refute the underlying premises and watch the humanities professor squirm as she attempts to fail you for wrongthink.

maybe people will start treating them like citizens when they stop acting like a bunch of fucking animals.

Can't even put 'nigger' in a movie about how discriminated black people are.
How fucking sensitive are liberals?

Have any of you fucking plebs even read James Baldwin?

Yep - talk about it as a film. I enjoy both Bowling for Columbine and Triumph of the Will

Giovanni's Room was some cringey shit

youtube.com/watch?v=lVlVnAKYuj0

Fuck it. Taking the easy way out and say it was real emotional

>i dont want to watch this blatant piece of propaganda
James Baldwin was a well spoken homosexual leftist black man who typically only spoke out about actual injustice, if only there were more like him, watch him tear William F Buckley a new asshole

Don't tell him what to do. He is not your pussy.

>1-2 paragraphs

Just pretend you watched it. Your professor probably doesn't read any of them anyway.

>homosexual
>leftist
>black
>man

one of these things is incompatible with the others

go read his FBI dossier, thats exactly what it says