Why do people say Berserk isn't edgy shit again?

Why do people say Berserk isn't edgy shit again?

only durrserk fags say that, they're sweaty fat neckbeards who probably get off to rape

>hey rape happened a lot in medieval times! This is being realistic
>implying horse rape happened a lot in medieval times.

Nope, this is being edgy not realistic.

obviously it's edgy

it's just more detailed and better written than say shit like gantz

>>hey rape happened a lot in medieval times! This is being realistic
Rape didn't happen that much during medieval times, except by vikings. There was a shitton more rape during classical times.

everyone started reading it when they were 13 and edgy shit was cool

No one says that.

No one says that edgy shit isn't realistic either, unless you think people like Eliot Rodger are made up.

Don't forget

>All rape victims are supermodels with sculpted asses and perfect tits.

Practically every image I ever seen of beserk has a sex scene in it. I'm not kidding either.

Is this targeting horny teens? Is that why this shit is so popular?

Haha, holy shit.

Berserk is pretty balanced between edgy shit and little kid stuff I'd say.

Wyald wasn't considered a good guy in the story, just letting you know.

It's edgy shit. For a while it was edgy shit on a boat. And now it's edgy CG shit.

it's time to read it.

I did tried. The first chapter had sex and that's when I realized I was 100% right.

>Is this targeting horny teens? Is that why this shit is so popular?

Yes and no. It's published in Young Animal, which isn't exactly a high class publication. The sexplotation is standard fare there, so Berserk imo is just following suit without giving it much critical thought.

It'd say there's reasons beyond the boobs, butts and blood to like Berserk, after all it's not as if having those things precludes having a good story. But anons like to pretend Berserk is some holy thing immune to criticism, so you get lots of "defenses" trying to rationalize the sex and rape in every other chapter. It's like yeah, we get it kid, rape happened a lot in the past and still does. People poop everyday but that doesn't mean you have to show it for no reason.

This arc gave me a hardon everytime

you're dumb.
In reality, the sex scenes are not that common.

>"how canz I makes my mc have muh instant tragic backstory"
>shota guts gets raped by nigger for pocket change
>guts deserves to be edgy!

Why is it the rape, and not any of the other horrific aspects of his childhood that make him edgy? Seriously, of all the stuff he goes through, it's one of the least traumatic.

Explain how something being edgy is innately a bad thing.

when you cant write a decent antagonist, just make them a rapist

it's shock value in the cheapest way possible

edginess is fundamentally connected with racism, homophobia and misogyny, thus triggering the redditor's sensibilities and provoking them into shitposting

I hope that you aren't implying that Griffith it's just and edgy rapist, because the manga flew over your head it's that the case.

if that's the case* I mean

Don't take the bait. Just don't.

>little kid stuff
Pedophile stuff

Same ones who enjoy Attack on Titan or Game of Thrones

I said that in the context of all the lower tier antagonists like OPs pic, where theyre a villain you wouldn't care about if they weren't a rapist/murderer/edgy character

It implies the reader is immature and requires edginess for a work of fiction to be considered as good

I hate how this became babbys first seinen

>Hates rape scenes and calls them edgy offensive

>OMG this school girl moe shit is waifu kawai

these weebs man..............

I know this is bait but there is literally nothing wrong with the edge in Berserk considering the setting.

Why is it that the women are always drawn as extremely attractive who are getting raped

Would you rape an ugly woman?

Berserk has great art. Shit everything else. People who like it are as low-brow as those guys who like terraformars

Because "edgy" is an innacurate and retarded generalization but people still pretend that it means anything nowadays even though calling something edgy at this point is tantamount to going "LOL THIS SUCKS I BET YOU'RE LIKE 15 EDGY AS FUCK U MAD"

>he says posting SDC
>being worried that edgy is an accusation of underage
Wew lad. Have anything you need to tell us?

what exactly is the correlation between SDC and being underage because i can't see it

this is wrong though, it scars him for his entire teenage years and was his catalyst for eventually killing Gambino

Berserk is a perfect combination of edginess and gracefulness, that's why it's fucking great, you lame ass baiting moralfag.

Anime only JJBA draws big main stream crowds. Like anything with that weight, SnK for example (SnK is much more popular with normalfags, I admit but it still serves as an example) will draw in younger crowds because the normalfag crowd starts dispersing in the early 20s. They either transitioning from normalfags or give up the hobby.

this, the setting just lends itself to the edgyness, also while Berkserk it's edgy is not Shadow the hEDGEhog type of edgy, Bersker is the good type of edgy

>was his catalyst for eventually killing Gambino
Uh, no? Gambino was drunk and tried to kill him. Guts had no intention of harming him, but he chose defending himself over getting railroaded over.

yeah probably if I was a soldier-rapist

Thanks a lot asshole, I just got fired

This is just endemic of it's time period. If you think Berserk is edgy, look at some of the other hyperviolent manga/anime coming out around the same time Berserk had it's debut.

Source?

Are you kidding me? The art ISN'T good. It's just stylized, and it goes along with the feel of the work perfectly. It's an exercise in dark themes in a medieval fantasy setting (which I guess anyone could call something with a dark theme "edgy", not saying much). Terraformars is a photoshopped piece of junk. People like you need to learn how to walk outside once in a while.

>using "edgy" in your synonymous phrase for "edgy"

Good.

Berserk has some pretty good art.
Stop being a faggot.

Modern "edgy" manga are way more edgy than Berserk.

i wonder what happened to miura in his childhood

>Why do people say Berserk isn't edgy shit again?

It earned its edge. It's not edgy for the sake of being edgy and when the edge does happen, the protagonist is doing his best to stop it and doesn't let it get him down though it does eat at his soul.

It's the good kind of edge, where you have to keep going, keep moving, keep living because bad things will happen with or with out you. Just like real life.

>it's not edgy for the sake of being edgy
Rape horse?

Are you retarded or underage or both?

>sexploitation
lol, fuck off to your safe space Sup Forums

A horse possed by demons and demons attack to fuck, kill and eat for the joy of it. The horse didn't get its way in the end so it's all good.

Guts can't save everyone, all the time. He isn't superman, just a real human bean. Down to the fucking marrow of his bones.

The edgemeter is in grimdark? not in psssh nothin' personnel kid level?

Miura was the Verhoeven of manga. Gore, sex, rape it was all there but the story was still great and the setting amazing. He was clearly inspired by violent American films of the 70s and 80s like Excalibur, Conan, Robocop, Commando, Hellraiser, possibly The Devils.

Nowadays he is just another moefag. There is no more rape (which isn't exactly bad), no more edge. There is more typical manga fanservice and shitty kid characters with bug eyes. While it's still not complete garbage, the introduction of a generic anime witch-like character can be the final nail in its coffin.

>the setting amazing
It's literally just medieval Europe with a lot of rapists and some moonsters.

>Being dark or grim is bad now and can never be taken seriously
>Everything has to be from sunshine, lolis and rainbows to pg-13 content only

Has this board finally hit the shitter once and for all? The amount of idiots in this thread is staggering.

It's not just medieval Europe. You haven't read it.

funny you should say that since he was directly inspired by Flesh and Blood which is a Verhoeven movie.

>Demon abomination acting like a demon abomination is edgy
I think it's fitting considering that apostles are hellspawns.
Maybe it's just that demons are inherently edgy because they are supossed to be evil.

How does it imply anything whatsoever about the reader?

I am so glad Sup Forums is hating berserk again.
There were way too many positive threads in the last few days.
Its like we were being invaded by Sup Forums. Guess their stupid video game event is going on and now they stay out with their shit animes.
If you like Jojo you are just as bad.

There is no demon abomination, it is a drawing. The author decided to have a horse trying to rape a character, for no particular reason. That is what's edgy.

It's like you idiots to realize edge isn't inherently bad, only when it's jarring or seminally out of place for shock factor.

Happy tree friends is a perfect example of shitty edge, just for shock factor.
>Cutsey animal cartoons
>gory deaths

A more recent example is shit like re:zero, it looks like your run of the meal seasonal light novel sao shit stain(which it is), but they make it all excessively graphic out of no where for shock factor, shake the screen, wrenching screams etc

It's jarring and comedic at best, that's bad edge.

But berserk on the other hand keeps it's tone, from the art to the atmosphere so it's not that bad when some edgy shit happens. It's still edgy but it fits the setting.

What, medieval Europe and also some shitskins who invade? Please tell me that's not your argument.

>Shit everything else

Like what? It has amazing/memorable characters, a fitting setting and god tier fights. Everything leading up to Griffith's betrayal was well set up and it did a good job in making antagonists memorable beyond their violence.

Then again I'm in a reddit tier thread so I'd expect garbage opinions and easy bait.

They aren't even demons. They are the souls of evil humans, possibly soldiers or criminals. All Berserk demons have some connection with humanity.

It was the only thing close by.
They were fleeing.
On a horse.

It made perfect sense.

Shit, where's the one where instead of saying make it fun he says
>bush did 9/11

Now this is shitposting

Man, I fucking forgot Happy Tree Friends existed.

>he doesn't understand juxtaposition and black slapstick

Have you read it? The plot is pretty important to the setting because it completely changes it.

It is the logical consequence of a demonic entity roaming free. Demons are fucking evil. Its their fucking nature. It would be out of place if the rape horse did nothing or acted kind for some retarded reason.

Holy fuck even for bait your post is retarded. Ill probably regret biting it with whatever asinine comment comes next.

You're not getting it. That was all created as part of the scenario. It's not like this stuff just happened and then he was left with no option but to make the horse try to rape someone. Fiction does not follow some fucking deterministic physical laws. It was written a specific way because the author wanted certain things to happen.

God, I hate faggots who can't get over their attachment to realism as some sort of automatic defense.

Except there's no reason to hate it aside from the sake of hating it, which makes you cancer.

>logical consequences
>mattering in fiction
>affecting whether something is edgy
I'm done.

And you are saying the way to show her how helplessly fucked Guts is with the mark should've been done differently and you think it was incredibly contrived and he basically started writing backwards from the Rape Horse because he desperately wanted to get to the rape horse.

Now I don't agree but I respect your right to be fucking retarded. This is Sup Forums after all.

>>sexploitation
>lol, fuck off to your safe space Sup Forums

>This nigga doesn't know about the -sploitation sub-genre
>He probably needs his shamelessly gratuitous entertainment to have some bullshit, polite name
>This faggot is somehow old enough to post here

This thread reminds me of the glass I got during that Stella thing on Sup Forums years ago.

Then every depiction of a demon it's edgy.

Yes Berserk is edgy. You faggots just need to understand edgy isn't inherently a negative term. Something can be edgy and not be shit.

Well, considering that they were evil in their former life, it's no wonder that they're also evil as apostles and demon, considering that they can pretty much do whatever they want unless someone like Guts is around.

Rape horse isn't even that bad. Because of it he returned to Casca. Trolls raping women on the other hand were completely unnecessary.

>Lies
Gtfo

Except anyone liking JoJo, Berserk and other meme manga/anime is Sup Forums cancer and they make this board worse.

Sup Forums should regularly shit on them just so people like you don't think they belong here.

I mean if you look at the panel it sure seems like it was thought backwards. In fact I'm positive it was.

Stop being retarded and accept your edgy manga for what it is.

>Trolls raping women on the other hand were completely unnecessary
But that's how they reproduce, they needed to explain why they were so many damn trolls

>any representation of evil in art is edgy
>edgy is bad
One of the most philistine levels of opinion I've seen appear on the internet. Disgusting.

They do if you don't want said fiction to be stupid and full of shit. You can't have a story about the kindness and caring of a man when he does nothing but act like a dick. Because then he's not really kind is he?

And I was right. Somehow your reply ended up being more stupid than the last.

>I mean if you look at the panel it sure seems like it was thought backwards
I don't see it at all.

What about it makes you think he came up with that first and wrote it backwards? Any clues on the page?

Oh come on, both Berserk and JoJo were always liked by most users here, just because you now feel threatened because other board happens to like a mainstream manga doesn't means that we should stop talking about it.