Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1572

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gogen-allguide.com/si/shirawokiru.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6Dxe-jXSRQU
japaneselevelup.com/difficulty-level-guide-everything-japanese/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

できないわけがないんじゃないだろ

>going through Anki add-ons
>see this
LEWD!

mpv supports .sub files (Blu-ray bitmap subtitles) and that's great.

ちんちんほしい

今日も1日がんばるぞい!

今日も一日ばんざるごい!

今日は一日じゃないよ、12日だぞ。

>it's a filthy 杏南 episode

>このニガー

Is user deck that DOJG deck or it's something else?

user Core is a vocab deck. It's in the CoR.

>bitmap subtitles
i instantly put them into subtitle edit and let tesseract turn them into real subtitles

ps. Omar "Make the queer disappear" Mateen
Omar "spray the gay away" Mateen
Omar "put a mag in every fag" Mateen
pulse changing its name to no pulse

Where do I get those? When I download raw BD rips the subs aren't ripped.

gogen-allguide.com/si/shirawokiru.html

So many things to learn, I'll never make it

Newfag here but is wrong because it's ichinichi and not tsuitachi?

白々しく白を切る

i split the dojg deck in two for recognition and cloze and the cloze deck starts with ね for some reason

not really sure whats going on, i've only gone through the first two cards of recognition so far

Stop typing in roumaji

一日 can be いちにち and ついたち depending on what your talking about

今日も一日癌貼るぞい

I knew I'd get shat on for that, but got no space to install Japanese font on phone :(

I see

>:(
>:(

このスレドはあくた。

スレド?

剃れ度 - degree of shaving

rikaisama?

*スレ
fuck me in the ass, no lube

Hey guys does anyone know what that kanji before 変態 is? 弩 was the most similar I could find off of guessing the radicals but that seems pretty wrong

What's the different between「ーず」and「ーない」?

ならば、身をかがめなさい

If I remember correctly, ず means to do one thing without doing something else, so like ちんぽを吸わず寝た, while ない is just for not doing something

But don't hold me to that

>KS(A) etc, etc

what does this even mean?

Key Sentence A.
The first few sentences which demonstrate a grammar term.

K(ey?) Sentence A.
The initial example sentences

That's right. it's just ド as an emphasizer

It looks right. I've never seen that kanji used, but I'd assume it's ateji or whatever for ど used as an intensifying prefix.

弩 has ド as a reading, I guess?

You CAN learn Japanese, and you can sound like a native.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Dxe-jXSRQU

That doesn't even make the slightest sense.

>You CAN learn Japanese, and you can sound like a native.
>dekinai.jpg

うそつき

Ah that makes sense, I didn't think of that, pretty weird but the guy who does these does write a lot of weird shit like that so I guess I'll just go with it

What the fuck is that?

The official Anki Hentai RPG add-on.

I have dyspraxia, which affects different people in different ways, but in my case causes severe pain when writing for extended periods of time. I currently use a standard biro and after writing for more than a couple of minutes (due to the small, precise nature of Kanji) it causes a fair amount of pain.

Does anybody have any pen/pencil recommendations that have an emphasis on comfort? Anybody here have the same problem?

Ah I see, thanks.

What is the other thing you're doing when someone says 恩知らず?

>発音とかはアニメをいっぱい聞いて声優さんに磨かれたって言った方がいいかな
What does this even mean?

>For pronunciation and such, I listened to a lot of anime and refined into a seiyuu...
I don't understand what いったほうがいい means here.

There's only one thing for it user

it makes perfect sense you fuckign dekinai

What possible reasons could there be for my mining deck being empty after a supposedly successful 'real time import: note added' took place?

五免なさい, but you do realize you can't just pick a random kanji that fits a given reading, right?

It still feels weird when you try to speak japs eventhough your mother language's pronunciation is almost same with japs'.

Is the deck completely empty?
Manually add a single note, the import should work after that

It would be better to say that my pronunciation was polished by listening to anime voice actors.

the author did and there's nothing you can do about it

Excellent, thanks. I'll get an extra bag to take all of my scrolls to work when I study on my breaks.

You're misreading the kanji. That crossbow kanji is obscure as fuck. But I'll leave you to that.

Idk depends on the context n shit, you might be able to use ず just for a normal negative ending idk

>refined into a seiyuu
refined by seiyuu
>I don't understand what いったほうがいい means here
いった gives an example. ほうがいい is recommending a way to do it. Don't know how to explain it better.

What do you do in it? Fuck all the core girls?

Oh .. I see.
What threw me off is she used active voice + て followed by a passive construction. Makes sense. Thanks anons

Here.

I was thinking of getting these so I can use perhaps Blue for Hiragana, Red for Katakana and Black for Kanji.

Does anybody know if the are good/comfortable?

B-but I thought you can't get native level pronunciation by watching anime.

Your template does not end up creating any cards. Edit it so that at least something shows up in it.

Russia-chan is living the dream
>I can understand a russian using another language than English
新鮮ですね

>五免なさい

>tfw no stig waifu

>That crossbow kanji is obscure as fuck
Read more.

She's just a genius, genius at mimicking people's voice.

I was looking up something and came across this:
japaneselevelup.com/difficulty-level-guide-everything-japanese/
It looks mostly like our recommended list, but with more entries for drama and actual novels.
It has some errors. I saw a few manga listed under anime.
I'm not sure if the difficulty of Azumanga Daioh is the same as Mawaru Penguindrum though. That seemed pretentious and hard enough to follow when I watched it subbed.

ALMOST DONE. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

>On a quest to become 日本語王 (king of the Japanese language).
chuuni as fuck, Adam

>1 star anime
>. 日常 (Nichijou)

Yeah the entire list is bullshit

It's not like there are any "easy" anime or drama since they all require actually knowing japanese, unlike VNs where youc an just machine translate and pretend you're learning

>cp. blablabla
What the fuck is cp. in user core deck?

>unlike VNs where youc an just machine translate and pretend you're learning
>not texthooking Japanese subs

>unlike VNs where youc an just machine translate and pretend you're learning
This. If you rely on translations to learn vocabulary you can't learn Japanese.

You won't be the one laughing when I actually become the nihongo king.

>youc an just machine translate and pretend you're learning
People do this? I thought most people who tries learning japs only use hook to search vocab (who uses kanji). Machine translate-fags only want to read, not to learn japs.

>Mawaru Penguindrum
>2 stars
What the fuck.
Are they retarded, most people watched that with English subtitles and still had issues figuring out what the fuck happened.

How to overcome depression-related lack of motivation? I used to be so dedicated to learning but now nothing interests me anymore. Not just japanese, but anything at all. Is there a secret to overcoming this?

>Is there a secret to overcoming this?
No

>Is there a secret to overcoming this?
Yes, reborn to be a better person.

Restarting your character is always an option.

But you could end up with something worse since IRL character creation is almost random, so it's up to you.

Get yourself a PDF of the book it's based on (A Frequency Dictionary of Japanese).

Just an exaggeration dude the point is just that basically watching any anime raw is "advanced" whereas beginners can read VNs despite the harder vocabulary level.

They probably rated nichijou as easy because you can enjoy it without understanding what they are saying due to the type of humor, but if you actually want to understand everything said it's rather hard.

But user, all kyoAni anime are easy to understand compared to other anime (Haruhi is probably a different case) though it's true that 1 star is wrong.

No.

Vocab wise it's easy maybe but since everyone yells all the time it makes it a lot harder to pick up what people are saying.

Fix diet and sleep schedule, do some light calisthenics, grab some fruit and a cup of tea/coffee and just sit down and start something. Sit up straight.

If reading a text book is putting you to sleep, try taking notes and put on some nice instrumental music in the background. Buy some highlighters too.

If your VN is boring, take a break and try a different one.

Basically: youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Even though this is a low level normie meme, I've found it to be pretty useful. The hardest part of doing anything, for me, is starting it.

If you find yourself getting distracted by something, remove it. I always get rid of my bookmarks bar when I want to focus on a web page. I know I will hit my Sup Forums bookmark and start shitposting the moment I stop focusing.

Try cleaning up your room if it's messy. You don't have to do the whole thing, just pick a part and do it. When you look around, you'll feel a bit better and that might be enough to energize you. Maybe open the blinds, and get some more light into your room.

I know you can do it, user. Good luck. I know we'll see each other in the afterlife.

>basically watching any anime raw is "advanced" whereas beginners can read VNs despite the harder vocabulary level.
True, and the reason is speed.

When you have all the time in the world to sit and think about each sentence you can understand almost anything.

Keeping up with the language at a spoken pace means you have to comprehend input in real time. Significantly more difficult, even if you don't have to look up any words.

>I know we'll see each other in the afterlife
Yes that's right! We just have to keep in mind that the universe couldn't possibly by so unfair that our current lives is all we're getting.

Reincarnation, user, reincarnation.

irregular kanji and okurigana usage are pure cancer

Your face is pure cancer

冗談だよ、許して

>We just have to keep in mind
Not really. Either there is an afterlife where we'll get to shoot the shit with all the anons we talked to in life, or there isn't and this is all we have. It really doesn't warrant as much thought as people put into it.

I sometimes lose sight of the fact that there's a person behind these bits of text. Someone that could have been my friend, my closest confidant, or even my lover, if only we had been born closer to each other.

In any case, we only have so much time to learn Japanese and read all of that top quality hentai.

頑張ろう!

I was away for the past 6 months or so... Did i miss something important? Last time i was doing 2k/6k and dojg deck

You missed your chance to learn Japanese. It is too late now.