Leaving 'breadcrumbs' untranslated as if it were some common word

>Leaving 'breadcrumbs' untranslated as if it were some common word

I thought these were supposed to be the good subs...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_crumbs#Panko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using neckbeard subs instead of professional ones
shaking my head

Asenshi doesn't know Japanese, OP.

You fell for the meme, mate.

You mean I've been using meme subs for 10 episodes?

FUG.

most stores that sell breadcrumbs specify if they're panko though

it's like buying rice, there are different types

Don't worry, we've prepared the de-memefication "showers" for you.

I have a bag of panko in my kitchen. It's different from normal breadcrumbs

you're fucking retarded

Anyone who has cooked knows what panko means. Maybe you should grow the fuck up and start buying your own groceries.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_crumbs#Panko
Breadcrumbs are different from panko, a quick search shows this. They aren't cooking Western cuisine, and so localization to such degree would be wrong. Many other foods and ingredients are called by the country of origin, and rightfully. These are the good subs, they do a lot of TLC on the CR script. If you want localization, watch DDY.

パン粉 can refer to any type of bread crumbs, you can't just translated it as Panko because it's the basis for that loan word.

I bet you also get mad when they dont translate rice to grains

>anime
>set in japan
>cooking with japanese ingredients
It's fair to assume they'd be using panko, or breadcrumbs labelled as such, and not generic breadcrumbs. Furthermore, Asenshi didn't translate it, CR did; Asenshi just decided to leave it as-is. Because why localize unnecessarily, especially an already known ingredient outside of Japan that is labelled as such? Read the thread, panko is common as a separate ingredient from breadcrumbs.

It's set in Aomori. You can't apply Kanto things to everything.

So you have one problem with the TLC, and nothing else? I'd just look past if I were you. I don't see what you're arguing here, as you'd have the same "problem" with the CR subs. Make a complaint on their IRC or something, or watch DDY.

>Not knowing panko is a specific version of breadcrumbs

Shit nigger, spend more time in the kitchen.

The japanese invented breadcrumbs though.

As someone who went to culinary school,I always specify.Panko are way different in texture/flake size,feel,etc.

They're trying to do as little work as possible which results in subliminally teaching you Japanese so that eventually all the Subs will be in Japanese.

What compels one to type out such utter nonsense?

Yes but this is a Sup Forums were shitposting and Mericans run rampart

It's original translation since episode 4.

What is?

Asenshi's Flying Witch. You can check if you don't believe me.

>>Leaving 'breadcrumbs' untranslated as if it were some common word
>
>I thought these were supposed to be the good subs...
Panko is totally different yet still the same it's much more crunchy and has more texture when baked and eaten. More crunch.
Meanwhile breadcrumb are OK in the sense where Panko is good for breading and deep-frying thing or baking it has more crunch and a better overall look and texture.
with it breadcrumb is good for a light breading and the such.

Pic not related

You means then don't use the CR script at all? I never would've guess since they get it up so soon each week.

>he fell for the "fansubs are better than Horriblesubs" meme

If you don't know what panko is get the fuck out. That's not even a product that exclusively sold in Japan. That's like not knowing what tempura is.

is that chili and bass

Who pissed in your cornflakes

someone dont cook

Clearly OP.

OP if you would eat more than hotpockets and poptarts you'd know panko is slightly different and would be better left untranslated.

>Leaving any word untraslated even if it is some common word
>Watching fanmade subbed episodes

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

This is the most autistic post i've seen all day.

Asenshi's based. Those blessed souls were the only ones who subbed Ro-Kyu-Bu.

Because panko sound lewd in japan.

Is OP a dumbass or shitposting?

Since when is panko a Kanto thing?

They aren't.

They're the ones some autist recommends every thread because he's autistic.

Unless you're the same kid in which case delete your thread.

It always triggered me when anpan gets changed to sweet bean roll. Clannad was the worst for that shit, I'd prefer a TL note saying "Anpan is a sweet bean roll" than getting a three word description of a two syllable word.