Why do millennials treat science as a religion instead of questionijg it?

Why do millennials treat science as a religion instead of questionijg it?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/#344eca411576
unvis.it/forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/#344eca411576
youtube.com/watch?v=M5z9s_bimnw
youtube.com/watch?v=VtJFb_P2j48
amazon.com/Forged-Writing-God-Why-Bibles-Authors/dp/0062012622/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506340108&sr=8-1&keywords=forged ehrman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because butt stuff

It's not science, it's Science. Official truth from certain institutions. Read Mencius Moldbug on this

Because nothing happened on the 23rd

Because they are 17 and don't understand shit about epistemology and methodology yet.

Because Science is real.

you must be a flat earther.

Because they don't understand science. What it is, how it's done. Also their egos are so massive, they actually can't admit that they don't understand it and just start spouting a bunch of conspiracy theories and pseudointellectual gibberish

Science = Fact

Because this decade science is appartently no longer about questioning things, but it is about blindly following things that designated people say.

We are headed for another scientific dark age if we don't rise up soon.

Science has evidence behind it but now they are weaponizing science like with global warming. Global warming is real but we can't change it in the ways they say we are.

It takes ability to think to question stuff

>We are headed for another scientific dark age if we don't rise up soon.

I look forward to the death of technology and the return of magic.

they are brainwashed idiots, they don't understand how many leaps of faith there are in science

on top of the fact that science mostly doesn't explain, but actually describes

Black science man said it's real

because they believe in whatever the establishment media tells them is the scientific consensus. and they believe in consensus, even falsely reported consensus, because they see everything as a popularity contest. unable or unwilling to examine each issue on a case by case basis they merely adapt the position they believe the majority of scientists report. this is scientism not science, since real science relies on hypothesis and experimentation not consensus.

So much of this.

also they are completely naive about the political influence in science. they know about pure science and how it's supposed to be, they don't know the realism about what science has become. furthermore they are unaware that the peer review process has already been proven ineffective. the peer review process has been tested in studies where fraudulent clearly bullshit studies were presented to and approved by mainstream scientific journals. totally fake science can get approved by peer review easy. it's that bad.

politcial influence in science, a faulty peer review process, false consensus reported by media (no, 97% of scientists do not support the anthropegenic climate change models pushed by the establishment, that is fake news), and social consensus, all combine to form scientism. science has become a cult.

I don’t understand this meme.

Science is questioned. Science is always liable to be questioned as long as there’s some sort of valid reasoning behind the questioning. What areas are you people talking about that have you so pissed off? The only three I could think of are:
>Round earth
>Climate change
>Gender
The first two aren’t questioned because the evidence strongly supports them. We have moved way beyond the point of determining whether or not climate change is real and are now working on determining mitigation strategies. If you’re still denying climate change, maybe you just aren’t knowledgeable enough about the subject to be asking the right questions.

Gender really hasn’t ever been a scientific concept. It’s a social one. When liberals moved into the realm of saying gender is some sort of mystical entity like a person’s spirit animal it really became something science doesn’t deal with. Sex is still scientific but gender isn’t.

So what specifically are you complaining about?

Because science is the new religion and it's fucking frightening, especially since I'm literally a scientist.

Because they are convinced that all scientists are all 130+ IQ Gods, when actually that only applies to ubermensch chemistry, physics, and biology focused scientists, not the lowly and affirmative action plagued fields like sociology and climatology.

This. By "Science" they mean concensus driven conclusions and Rick & Morty.

Yeah. Why trust the stuff that build aircraft, cars, computers...and not the guy with funny clothes talking about invisible things that never did shit and ask for their money and submission...
Go figure.

This. The phrase "settled science" genuinely triggers me

fpbp

Why do retards treat Sup Forums and blog posts like gospel, yet dismiss science as a jewish trick?

actually who speak of science, usually, don't know a shit about it.
"Take it in the ass is totally ok, science says"
Science insted says that you can not do dumber thing that putting stuff in you ass.

"The science is settled" is perhaps one if the shittiest phrases to come out of this decade.

CHECKED
Science man here. It's because they're not taught that science is a method and not a set of facts.

>Why do millennials treat science as a religion instead of questionijg it
care to give an example?

because the cabal figured out that if you give propaganda the veneer of science then force feed it to children for the first quarter of their life you can program an entire generation to not question authority

>We have moved way beyond the point of determining whether or not climate change is real

actually about 15-20% of scientists would disagree, not the falsely reported 3%

forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/#344eca411576

And here's the archive unvis.it/forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-on-anthropogenic-climate-change/#344eca411576

Checked, Give me the numbers KEK, Because of the Normie factories

Can you back that up with evidence?

Another This. Absolut thisnez

Most seem to claim evolution is an absolute fact.

Lolbroscience

At the risk of repeating myself
>because they are 17 and don't understand shit about epistemology or methodology yet
And where the Science!-worshipping normies won't learn because it requires actual work, the basic low-level Sup Forumsack won't because he can narrative himself into refusing anything that doesn't suit his worldview.
Not sure which is worse.

Roll Roll Roll Better feel my soul KEK,
Because Of The Normie Meat Grinders

How Can Science Be Real If Our Senses Aren't Real?

It's all part of the plan. 'Scientific' law changes, religious law does not. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV) still says
>Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
just as it did over 400 years ago. Compare that to this:
Bill Nye science in 1996: youtube.com/watch?v=M5z9s_bimnw
''''''''''Bill Nye science'''''''''' in 2017: youtube.com/watch?v=VtJFb_P2j48
You can just 'update' science whenever it fits your narrative. It's a lot easier than 'updating' religion.

dumb fedoraposter

>Why trust the stuff that build aircraft, cars, computers
Those are engineers, you paint sniffing retard

Agreed. The Bible had remained unchanged since it was compiled circa AD 400 by Roman scholars but science had been changing since the ancient Egyptians.

Because every generation needs something to believe in, people are stupid and need some instance of truth they can blindly trust. The worst part about it is they just cherrypick the parts they like, most of them seem to deny basic principles of biology.

>Not sure which is worse.

I wobble between the two myself. But when I am on Sup Forums, reading the garbage here, I am 100% convinced this must be worse.
So as I browse Sup Forums I hate it, and then when I go talk to people I miss it.

Suffering.

Because god will judge them for their sins.

The very nice dice not twice but thrise PEPEKEK. The Normie Gavel of Life with COMMIEunity makes them Sickle, turns em into a pickle and slows rivers to a trickle

Quite right.
The scientific method allows for constant adaptation of even the most fundamental principles at times. Shame that this is often abused to push political ideologies, eh?

>You can just 'update' science whenever it fits your narrative. It's a lot easier than 'updating' religion.

Nope. Relgious books are forged, fraudulently altered, make up.

amazon.com/Forged-Writing-God-Why-Bibles-Authors/dp/0062012622/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506340108&sr=8-1&keywords=forged ehrman

Example: 7 or Pauls 13 'letters' are foregies. Most of the rest were changed to fit later politics. Example: the famous passage about women keeping their mouths shut in church was added later, similarly the diatribe against the Jews.

Has she been moulded for a fleshlight yet? I cant wait to watch by wifes boyfriend fuck it

desu almost all of people who attack science also know nothing about it.

>Why do millennials treat science as a religion instead of questionijg it?
Becasue (((science))) has become what religion once was- a small cabal of politically motivated crooks who decide how everyone else understands reality.

ayyy this shill again, pic related XD

Bill Deny The Science Guy

Science by definition is that which has passed the questioning and has been proven correct.

The problem is lestie infiltrated pseudo-science like psychology that by no means passes any scientific criteria or global warming hypothesis which has never been proven correct but is treated as such.

The problem is that science has sunk down to the level of religion.

it basically boils down to the same attitude, which is to not challenge your core beliefs and assumptions at all.
The procedure for that are opposite : on the one hand, not doing anything to potentially touch it hence the lack of work ; on the other hand doing nothing but reimforcing it and denying the validity of any attack hence a lot of work in only one direction.

"Why do millenials X" thread ops should be grounds for a ban.

I had the same question today.

They eagerly question theology themselves, but they leave up up to other "scientists" to question the results of scientific experiments.

also checked

No, they "YASSSS QUEEN"-ly fetishize the *idea* of science, but they fucking hate the real thing. They despise intellectual rigor, for one thing, plus anything even vaguely related to the enlightenment.

Same reason people follow religion without questioning it. Some people just don't have the critical thinking skills needed to elevate themselves beyond human chattel.

Actchually, science = knowledge.

But what do I know?

They love to use it as a weapon, but fail to realize the real science points them to be completely wrong. Nothing makes me laugh more when leftist start to boast on facebook or something about knowing science or studying religion then claim abouslty absurd claims, that neither religion or science agree with.

Anyone who uses the phrase "settled science" is demonstrating they don't have a fucking clue.

You're both wrong.

Knowledge does not equal wisdom.

Scienticism

That's basically what millennials say they believe in when they talk about science

Religion has made ZERO progress in the last 2,000 years.

Science has made tremendous progress.

Science, along with empiricism in general, has points of attack studied in the philosophy of science, but it's the best approach we've found so far. The fact you can even start a thread on the Internet rests on scientific discovery.

People averse to science tend to be those who believe in /x/-tier garbage like Sep 23 and who swallow every dumb fucking "insider" LARP coming down the pike -- 95% of 4/pol/, in other words. They also spend an inordinate amount of time whining about the Jooooz while literally following a 2000-year-old Jew on a stick like the mental lightweights and spooked cowards they are.

Nigger you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to understand the "Science" fetish of the last 15 years.

Help, she's getting hotter with every millenials thread I open, I thought she looked like shit the first time I saw her, now I really want to probe her angus.

As much as i hate to admit it the science has been infiltrated, hijacked and corrupted.

I purposefully said updating religion was harder, not impossible. The last update to Christianity (Protestant Reformation) caused an enormous war and created a schism that still exists. It's not as simple as the 'science' method where you only need to say "Sure we said some things about chromosomes but science changed, so change your opinions or you're a racist nazi rapelord :^)"

>Religion has made ZERO progress in the last 2,000 years.

The Word of God is public static and final

Technically science presupposes a lot of stuff, and there are a lot of axioms.

First, we assume reality, without being able to prove it.
Then we assume mathematics and logic, without being able to prove them.
Then there are memes like trusting the chemicals in your head to tell you that they are chemicals, yadda yadda philosophy of science.

At any rate, its probably fact, but its not proven fact. Science assumes a lot of shit it can't prove scientifically, since it would be circular reasoning.
Can't prove mathematics with science, for example, since science presumes mathematics, which presumes logic, which is an axiom.

I Fucking Love Science, but only when it temporarily agrees with my retarded political views. Also I won't admit it online in a FB status update when I realize how green I am.

There’s a couple of issues with your post. So let’s dig into them.

The article you are referencing is looking at the stance various papers take on climate change, and the statistic refers to climate scientists. The way statistics works is that in order for a paper to reject the null hypothesis (in this case the null hypothesis being that climate change is not occurring) the model must show with around 95% certainty (depending on the statistical methods) that climate change is apparent. To show anything with 95% certainty when you’re dealing with climate is a daunting task, and to say that 80% of papers were still able to do it is overwhelming evidence in support of climate change.

Next, the statistic that 97% of climate scientists believe humanity is adversely affecting the climate is misunderstood. The real number is somewhere between 85% and 95%, a number which is decreased by fossil-fuel funded research specifically done to deny climate change. That is where the real disinformation is coming from, not from the 99% of researchers doing honest work. But that 1% spits out more papers per person just to saturate the field with denialist bullshit.

That’s not to say legitimate papers can fail to find evidence of AGW, but generally those papers are looking into specific aspects of climate change or focusing on a region rather than the globe. The fact that 20% of papers fail to fail statistically significant evidence should not overshadow the 80% that do. If you cherry pick like that you’re no better than the liberals saying people are born gay.

Please be wise enough to realize this is equally true, of not more true, for our side of the barricade.

1. Science isn't a consensus, people don't vote on whats true.
2. Climate scientist is a cheap title, and doesn't mean the people is practicing or experimenting.

Read scientific journals and their reviews in other journals, not blog posts and online articles that misquote them.

Sounds as if TempleOS now has a JVM.

Knowing context is the beginning of Wisdom. Mil's are too young to understand this fully.

All of this is trivially true, though. I mean, nothing, literally no school of thought, faith or any other kind of human intellectual construct, exists without irreducible axioms.

They accept things that aren't true (climate change) and question the things that are (only 2 genders)

>To show anything with 95% certainty when you’re dealing with climate is a daunting task, and to say that 80% of papers were still able to do it is overwhelming evidence in support of climate change.
More like overwhelming evidence of p-hacking

Millennial can be someone in their late 30s. Please learn what terms mean before using them.

I am not arguing against science, just laying down the usual philosophical arguments.
They are useful and should be remembered, as they help us remain in control of science. It should serve us, not we it.
Scientism is a real thing, and trying to use science to conquer and replace the arts, spirituality (not religion, mind), beauty and aesthetics, morals and ethics, and other pursuits that we can't explain properly yet is very harmful.

Please kys

kys

>you proved me wrong, so go die

This is exactly whats wrong with the community here.

rather then simply agreeing with whatever i perceive to be the majority of scientists i merely looked at the arguments on both sides, read whatever studies i could, then came to my own conclusion. but clearly that's the dumb way of doing it and i should just agree with the majority of scientists since scientists are immune from groupthink and they don't just keep their mouths shut to hold on to their usually establishment funded jobs.

if you agree withe the majority of scientists every time then you're putting scientists on a pedestal, they're only human.

>climate change isn't real because I said so!

the absolute state of the right

It's a bot.

Pre-historically, CO2 lags behind temperature, and so while the spectroscopic greenhouse effect is real, it cannot be the primary driver behind recent warming

Solid post. I'm admittedly pretty unfamiliar with climate change and have no strong opinions so this was a nice change from the usual /x/ shit you tend to read here. But also it would be interesting to see a knowledgable user refute this.

You have to go back. Kiddo

>climate change is real goys, and we're the cause, and it's very VERY serious
>that's why all of our predictions so far, whether they be the next ice age by year 2000, polar caps disappearing by 2005, polar bears becoming extinct, water levels rising at dozens of centimeters per century, weather phenomenons becoming stronger but more rare, massive increases in temperature over 20 or so years. etc. have never actually happened

Climate scientists are about as knowledgeable and dependable as weathermen or dieticians. All of them whine about how climate change is a serious issue yet none of them even dare to suggest outright ban on fossil fuels or the cattle industry, and it's interesting how all these alarms and regulations are only concerned with US and EU, if all that science is actually reliablwe then even if US and EU had 0 ecological footprint we would still be fucked thanks to ME, India, China and Africa.

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

37 year old men are millennials. This is above the average age for this board.
You can't talk about youth in that way, when you yourself are probably too young to be a millennial.
Stop getting triggered and mad at being shown you are wrong. Adjust your views to fit reality, rather than creating a fake reality to suit your views.

Reverse-tumblr pls leave.

You mean Science, christcuck.

Dont you goys know? Science is "fucking cool" and people "fucking love the science" now.

This millenial "science" boner is essentially just another way for the most selfish, sheltered, arrogant and egotistical generation to jack itself off about how superior it is to those 'backward' people who came before them or do not fall in lone with their lefty beliefs.