Has anyone tried watching all anime ever made? I am not counting movies of course...

Has anyone tried watching all anime ever made? I am not counting movies of course. It was kind one of my dreams to do in life but I am not sure where to start or where would it even end for that matter.

I was planning on making a timeline from start to finish but if I ran into any long running series they would be watched last.

There's 2 ways to do it.
1) Start off by watching stuff that's currently airing right now, or that aired last season, and then go backwards from that, until you finally watch the 1960's Astro-Boy.
2) Start off with the highest rated anime on MAL (currently Gintama (2015)), and then go down from there (excluding some ridiculously long stuff, like Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece)

I heard one guy tried once

He was never heard of again

Good luck finishing Sazae-san

Honestly, five episodes of Sazae-san is good enough. Same goes for Doraemon. You watch one episode and you've seen them all.

Do a test run on a single year.

What year were you born? See if you can watch all anime released between January 1st and December 31st of that year, and see if it takes you less than 365 days to do so.

That's stupid, but I'm sure there's someone out there who has done it.

Its doable, unlike reading every book or watching every movie which is impossible with a lifespan of less than 100 years

So go do it OP why not

Why would anyone WANT to watch every anime ever made? You'd have to spend every waking moment watching one show or another for decades, and let's be realistic here: a majority of it is utter shit.

That honestly sounds more like Sup Forums's personal hell. Years of watching shit that makes SAO look good. Would you really want that?

>for decades
Hell no, you can probably pull it off if you watch anime 10 hours a day for 8-10 years

I think it's not every anime that you want to watch, but rather every anime that you see getting discussed on Sup Forums that you wish you can be apart of and know what they're talking about. So a better idea would be to watch every anime that you've ever seen discussed on Sup Forums and start watching seasonal anime as it comes out too hence forth.

It was either watch every anime ever made or visit every location in the world. Comparing the cost and time I found watching anime easier and less dangerous.

Why, though? Why do you need to see everything?

IIRC Doraemon ran for 45 volumes, + the side stories and a couple of extra chapters here and there that were released as another 5. How the hell did they bloat that to nearly 2000 episodes?

I hope you know japanese because there are quite plenty of series that were never subtitled

Presumably by including enough filler to make Inuyasha blush.

It would be impossible.

Many old anime are not even uploaded on the net let alone translated but even newer obscure anime might not be translated.

Why not? If I had my way I wish I could see everything and know everything but I know its not possible but I am trying to do something just to get off my list. I know some people are satisfied not giving a shit once they die but sadly I am not that type of person.

I imagine you in your deathbed

>at least I watched every anime ever, it was a life well spent

Nah human nature always makes you want more.I still be annoyed since I would know new seasons of other shows would pop up that I would miss. Hopefully most of isn't worth while to watch.