659 BD

>659 BD
>657 DVD
And so during the first week, one of the few series this season backed heavily by Aniplex, Kiznaiver's first volume sells a combined total of 1300~.

OKADA
NOT EVEN ONCE

Wow, it's a huge flop.

>my taste must be validated by sales
Who literally gives a shit?

The poor little Kizfag can't accept reality. Do you want daddy to tuck you in and kiss you on the cheek? You can still like the shitfest of the show but it flopped completely.

Why do studios insist on giving that woman a job? Seriously, whose dick is she sucking?

Did you watch Mayoiga? That's even worse

I doubt anyone expected huge sales from either of these shows.

Naisu beito

Nori-chan's smile isn't being protected

Why are her shows such failures?

It's funny because you literally want this
>Do you want daddy to tuck you in and kiss you on the cheek?
by seeking acceptance of your taste through sales.

I don't think anyone needed the sales to confirm that it's total shit

>naisu beito

Can't refute actual, hard facts; call it baiting. Sasuga retard-kun

Even if it had sold well it would still be shit

>Trigger tried to do something with actual substance instead of the usual meme anime
>completely btfo
Trigger will always be a meme studio

>Original
>Sells : Vol 1 : 659 BD and 657 DVD
Holy shit, this is so bad

Didn't she want it to be a fighting tourney anime or something?

Time for Aniplex to go nuts with event tickets and schemes to try to salvage yet another original bomb. Way to get outsold first week by an OVA from 2 years ago and the 14th volume of World Trigger with all that ad money and a one hour TV premiere special to market it. What I noticed is Stalker was actually pretty accurate with this one as it has been for Aniplex stuff recently. Only about 12% overestimated for both BD and DVD combined. The fact that it was still overestimated at those numbers is pretty damning.

>kiznaiver
>substance
'no'

Tell me what you like about Kiznaiver ?

This had an event ticket. the 2nd volume and the 4-6 one don't to my knowlege

Sorry but what do these numbers mean relatively? Can someone give me an example of good sale numbers?

And this season is off to a great start sales wise. If Gup is still on the chart 2 weeks from now when the rest is still coming out TV anime should pack it in though.

The point here isn't validating once tastes. The point here is that a fucking heavily-endorsed anime which even has an event ticket backing up its first volume sold like fucking garbage.

This a thread about surmising the reasons why it failed in the first place as an original show. Which can only be directed at the main woman responsible for the show, that being Okada. Not even a decent director and good visuals can salvage it.

>659 BD
>657 DVD
Only fujoshit buy this shit

Maybe Okada fucked this one up, but the animation quality in kiznaiver strictly speaking has been better than your average show.

>Not even a decent director
But was the direction itself good? I don't know because I haven't watched past episode 2, but just a name means jack shit if you want to criticize something.

Because she is a bad writer. She should find another job

Yes, the direction is very good.

So why exactly did AnoHana sell and this didn't? Was it really just Nagai?

>substance
>the overused teen love drama feat. love triangles

also
>trigger did it

>Mal thinks this anime is good
>Reddit thinks this anime is good
>Sup Forums thinks this anime is shit
And then people say Sup Forums has shit taste

I wanted to like it more, I love the designs and like some of the characters- but I just don't feel emotionally invested in it.

>show sells badly
STUDIO IS SO BAD
>show that hires Okada sells badly
OKADA IS SO BAD HOW DOES SHE HAVE A JOB

Did she burn down your house and rape your dog or something? Why do you hate her so much Sup Forums? Can you even name any other writers this season? I mean, you do all realise that the creative process takes input from a very large amount of people at that anyone above her at anytime could veto her writing?

>Kiznaiver's first volume sells a combined total of 1300

RIP

Didn't know Okada had spin agents in the thread.

>joke taken seriously

She's a bad writer sure, but she absolutely shouldn't find another job since she's one of the most popular ones in the industry at the moment. Make of that what you will, but the world doesn't operate fairly.
She's successful for a reason. Probably because she has given people what they wanted in the recent past, that being shitty melodrama apparently. And questioning why would anyone hire her again because Kiznaiver flopped is low quality retard posting to be honest.

redditors and malfags aren't welcome here.

She's a hack. Proof women are talentless losers who need to be making sandwiches in the kitchen.

Shit show has shit sales.

More news at 11.

>Sup Forums thinks this anime is shit
>Japan thinks this anime is shit

All is right with the world.

Why didn't the nips buy it anyway?

Because it's fucking garbage.

Your pic hurts my eyes.

Is this the biggest flop ever in recent times?

Then fuck off back there fag
Also
>implying Sup Forums doesn't like it
They became one of the fastest threads this season after episode 9, Sup Forums loves it.

Look at Glasslip and Comet Lucifer.

Mayoiga has tons of threads, so Sup Forums must love it, right?

Stop being retarded.

They probably aren't that interested in the story and characters.

>Sup Forums loves it
Sup Forums loves stupid waifuwars irregardless of the quality of the show. What else is new?

This is now a no bully zone.

For original anime not based on manga/ln/etc. sales are everything (because anime studio pays for the anime ). Good sales for original are around 10 000 per volume.
In case of manga/ln/game/etc. adaptation anime studio gets money from publisher/etc. to make anime

Mayoiga is just like 10 people circlejerking, Kiznaiver is legitimately fast from lots of people posting after airing day.

I personally think the show is fine, but I wouldn't buy it either if I were them. I'd Boom Boom Satellites, though.

Mari Okada was a mistake.

>but the animation quality in kiznaiver
All that wasted money

The characters aren't really likeable, so the drama of the latest episodes probably didn't have that much effect on them.

At least that's what happened for me, Sup Forums talks a lot about it because it's Okada's ride, that's all, look at Mayoiga threads or literally every shit anime that Okada made.

BDs are fucking expensive. You have a season with so much good or entertaining stuff airing. The average anime buyer(not fan, because the average anime fan might buy 1 anime BD every year or two) will buy 1 anime per season. Now you can pick anything from Macross, Re:Zero, Tanaka-kun, Flying Witch, Kuromukuro, Haifuri, Kuma Miko. And even some low quality garbage like Bakuon.

Why would you choose to buy Kiznaiver from all that? Are you really going to rewatch Kiznaiver at any point or you'll look at your shelf and say "Mmm, that's a nice purchase."

No they don't, there is a production committee. Trigger does not finance this on their own, and you just pulled this number of of your ass. Exactly like 5k for non-original shows, stop making shit up you nigger lover.

Yes, but I appreciate the effort.

There's been too many adaptations of source material I liked ruined by terribad studios.

The fact that some studios will actually try gives me more hope.

I can't wait to see Mayoiga's sales, I really hope Okada will fuck off for a long time after those two flops.

>Good sales for original are around 10 000 per volume.
Delusion the post. Those are dream sales for the age we live in. Ignorance incarnate is what your post is as evident by this as well
>For original anime not based on manga/ln/etc. sales are everything

>Sexist
Are mods asleep again

I disavow this Trigger anime

Then please numbers so I know what to compare it to user-kun.

When will we know about Mayoiga's sales? I'm interested in them

It's doing so badly it's even possible that it won't chart.

Contrary to what people say here in the western world, nips don't actually give much of a fuck about Okada.

Most if not all her hits sold well not because of her.

Fairy tail has every week a thread, so Sup Forums must love it, right ?

She is cute

Hanairo.
AnoHana.

It's not very good. The premise is interesting and the music is really good but everything else falls flat.

AnoHana sold because it was good and not necessarily because of Okada.

I wouldn't mind the memes

>tfw you will see Trigger die in your lifetime
We are blessed.

Stop shitting up the thread, autismo.

>anohana
>good
Pick one, it failed as a drama as much as Kiznaiver is failing right now, all the sales are only because of Menma, nothing else.

Nah, Aniplex money will save them. If not, they can always resort to Kickstarter.

>trigger dying
Just wait for the sales of Luluco.

Hanairo I can call a fluke but AnoHana was literally because of Nagai.

>Can you even name any other writers this season?

Okouchi?

Who didn't see this coming? Kiznaiver is bad. Sure, the threads are fun but I would have dropped the show if it wasn't for them.

I would have dropped the show if it wasn't Trigger.

Meanwhile a Gundam OVA sold nearly 50K, an Idolslutmaster Concert BD 20K and GuP added another 10K or so to the franchise for another week. Oldcodex latest album sold 20K and Guilty Kiss had a higher debut week than even Egoist with the rest of the Sunshine sub units surging. Bandai Visual just kind of broke another Spring season like they did in Spring 2014 with Love Live. The power gap is just so ridiculous between them and everyone else besides maybe Aniplex's stuff right now and they're the only ones looking routinely competent. I'm not sure there's anything that can stand up to Love Live Sunshine next season sales wise either besides maybe a long shot for Rewrite or B-Project but even then I'm not sure Aniplex + Key fanatics or Aniplex + TM Revolution fujobait even come close to beating crazy Love Live fans.

>not End-this-Ride

Key isn't even really too big of a name anymore to warrant super high sales. Charlotte sold fine but not spectacularly, while even Little Busters could ony do around 10k at best. The days of Angel Beats and Clanand are behind them now.

Okada first volume
46,474 Anohana (2011)
11,254 Hanasaku Iroha (2011)
9,638 Aquarion EVOL (2012)
7,990 AKB0048 (2012)
5,013 Nagi no Asu Kara (2013)
4,866 selector infected WIXOSS (2013)
128 M3 the dark metal (2014)
1,316 Kiznaiver (2016)

What happened?

Trigger musn't die until i say they can die.

Shit sales or not I do like that fact that Trigger is still trying anime originals. I think anime original shows are the driving force in the industry. Most of the shows that Sup Forums genuinely likes are original shows. It's sad that the only thing going for Kiznaiver is great animation. Very weak show and the sales show it.

She stopped working with PA Works and Nagai anymore.

By MAL standards anything less than 8/10 is not good.

Didn't even her recent movie thing Anthem of The Heart vastly underperform before expectations too? I heard them say they were shooting for Hosoda class and 2 million box office bare minimum and it made like 1 billion with 200 theaters. It seems like even with some massive backing she has trouble getting it done but the industry still has tremendous faith in her. She's kind of like the Adam Sandler of the anime industry.

For how much shit she gets, Okada actually has a decent amount of success. It's not like everything she touches is going to be a 8k+ seller.

Fuck Okada

>What is Iron-Blooded Orphans and Anthem of the Heart?

>Gundam franchise
>movie that didn't do well

Yes, and?

It's almost like hack writing doesn't sell

Didn't do well? Wat?

>Hanairo was five years ago
Man. Literally her only good work.

What would a story be like without any of these things?