What is it about Konosuba that makes it so beloved on Sup Forums compared to other isekai anime like Re:Zero and...

What is it about Konosuba that makes it so beloved on Sup Forums compared to other isekai anime like Re:Zero and Grimgar?

Is it because it's a parody? Is it possible to play the premise of being summoned into a fantasy world straight without Sup Forums shitting all over it?

Comfy
Light-hearted
Actually fun

Because KonoSuba is actually good.

Because it's a comedy instead of edgy deepshit like Re:shit

Its funny.
The girls and the MC are bunch of horrible people whose suffering we can enjoy.
Other than Darkness, all the girls have quite cute design.

>Is it possible to play the premise of being summoned into a fantasy world straight without Sup Forums shitting all over it?
Yes.

I guess because it's supposed to be a comedy that doesn't take itself seriously at all, and it does a good job at it.

>Other than Darkness, all the girls have quite cute design.
Fight me.

Her character design in the anime are fuck awful. Those boob plate ruin her.

Pretty decent illustration on the LN, too bad the artist didn't draw her with decent muscle.

Kazuma is not generic nice guy and know his priority

Re:Zero has a huge defense force and Konosuba has its own share of haters, Re:Zero is just more controversial now because it's currently airing and therefore attracts the majority of trolls.

Good characters

>Kazuma is not generic nice guy and know his priority
You can say that about most isekai MCs we've gotten, all the way back to fucking Saito.

Isn't that true for most shows? Unless it's one of those shows where everyone just watched and enjoyed ironically with everyone else.

Because Aqua suffering > Subaru suffering.

It's possible to do anything well, Japan just has a bad habit of coming up with really intersting premises and then using them as a crutch to support the shitty fundamentals(characters,plot, etc).

Still mad at SAO's wasted potential so much

Instead of trying hard to hide its bad points, like being YET ANOTHER shitty stuck-in-a-fantasy-world ripoff, or the deen QUALITY, it parades them in front of you and rubs them all over your face while at the same time taking a massive dump on its genre at every occasion it gets. The MC is an utter asshole, his harem are a bunch or irredeemable bakas
It's magical. It just is, there's nothing more to it.

Louise beating the shit out of him was dumb

Grimgar and Konosuba complemented each other.

Not saying it's good, but it did well enough to still be one of the most popular shows even today, so like it or not, it's selling well, so in their eyes it's good.

I enjoy both shows, fuck me right? Autistic fags on Sup Forums are too caught up in hating shows it's kinda sad and pathetic.

The VA's pretty great too. Especially Kazuma and Megumeme's.

Funny things are funny

Comedy is universal.

Didn't take itself too seriously.
It was silly and Megumin a cute.
Kazama wasn't a huge dumbass and, aside from stealing panties, was trying to get away from the girls rather than trying to get in their pants.

The comedic direction and VA work was top notch

Anons pretend it's hilarious when it's actually just unfunny shit.

SAO suffered from shitty pacing and a clusterfuck of several arcs that would've benefited from being concise seasons. It was still fun and the very last arc with super-AIDS Yuuki was great.

Nah it's kinda funny.

What they do is pretend that it's not a self insert harem.

It's definitely funny. If you think otherwise then why are you here to discuss it? The comedic value and self-mocking style are it's greatest strengths.

>Saito and Kazuma same
You must be retard

This might be true. Well the first three episodes were actually fun.

I don't know why people continue to compare Konosuba to other isekai anime. Yes, the themes are the same, but the genres are completely different. It's like comparing Lost and Gilligan's Island, because they are both trapped on an island. One is a comedy, the other is shit.

If Aqua tries to pull the same shit pinkrie did, scumzuma would beat her ass.

And people said Sora Amamiya was a bad VA.

Because Konosuba is kind of purposefully taking potshots at the most prevalent isekai cliches? And when you talk about isekai stories in general most definitely trend towards the lighter-hearted more comedic side. Re:Zero's level of edge is completely out of the norm.

>except darkness

>pinkrie
What does that make Aria then?

How exactly would him beat her ass?

Once a pillow seiyuu, always a pillow seiyuu.

Having one good role doesn't change jackshit.

>pillow seiyuu
?

What has that to do with anything though?

Sony pls go.

I can't be the only one that finds meme girl annoying

Benis in anus.

The fanbase is annoying, retards don't have the brain to think that making their "general" once a week, when the new fanfiction is out, would be better for the discussion quality.

Morons just care about how to circlejerk.

you seem upset

Konosuba was liked because Darkness a cute.

A CUTE.

Maso Seiba clone.

Fun
Not edgy
Hot girls
Funny
Sticks to its themes, doesn't pull the rug out from under you with sudden deaths, tragedy etc.
It's comfortable and easy to watch, at any point.

For example, when I come home from work, I want to watch something lite without thinking too much.

Darkness is arguably the most bland character in the entire cast. Both in character and design.
Even the tit-bait receptionist was better off.

Best girl

It's "The Always Sunny in Philidelphia" counterpoint to Slayer's Seinfeld.

I kinda hate it because it's still pretty blatantly a harem, but at least it has fun.

>darkness
>bland

I thought it was just ok. However, the succubus episode is the best and funniest fan service episode I've seen.

>he wouldn't beat the shit out of Darkness while spitting in her mouth and calling her worthless

Top.

Homo.

Kazuma is definitely a good guy though. He'd probably be an absolute blast to party with.

>hating things just because more than one girl likes the MC

It's just fun like The Quest for the Holy Grail kind of fun

for instant, grimgar was shit.
I have not even watched one episode of re:zero, and I don't plan to.

Good girls
Charming as fuck
There wasn't much focus on their sexuality for once, no 'kyaa ecchi' moments, they felt like actual characters
MC was scummy as fuck
Good music
Every episode had nice pacing
Clear amount of love put into the storyboarding

Its fucking good
Its an isekai but it had nothing that makes people hate isekai in the first place.

Episode 9 was weird.

>for instant, grimgar was shit.
fuck you I liked it

Cancerous.

As expected.

don't compare dorkness to that sieba trash.

Darkness was shoehorned in to appeal to people with certain fetishes their fantasies.

In comparison to the other characters...
Aqua is a level of sped that shouldn't exist, Honestly seems to have a learning disability, yet holds a position authority and power.

Megumin isn't stupid but lets her stubbornness dictate how she lives her life, especially with her superiority complex over her explosion magic.

Even Kazuma, our protagonist is willing to, without remorse, say things that are on his mind, and genuinely acts believable in most respects.

Now compare the examples of the cast to Darkness, whose masochism dictates every bit of her character. Even her design is built around gap moe for her masochism.
She doesn't fit.

Give Re Zero a try you cunt. You might as well not be on Sup Forums if you don't like fun.

Hello anime-only viewer.
Go suck a dick.

Grimgar was an artsy approach to character based storytelling. It was great. Every scene was a treat for my eyes and the attention to detail in scenes where they were just talking was super refreshing. It's sad we don't have more series like Grimgar, but with fans who only respond to HAPPENING injected straight into their fucking testicles i'm not surprised.

Just finished Konosuba and I think I liked Aqua the most. Her character is quite endearing and even unique for a heroine. I don't understand the hype for Megumin though. She's just that generic chuuni loli.

I'm not wrong.
The 'you have to read into the novels to understand a character more' argument isn't valid here moron. If a character sucks ass in the first 2 arcs then there is no amount of backstory that will save them. It's Piss poor writing.

See this is why I keep saying fantasy world genre means nothing.

I mean would you compare kore wa zombie to sankarea? They're both about a zombie and that's about it.

Generic chuuni lolis are Sup Forums and reddits favourite

>masochism dictates every bit of her character.
I'm a animeonlyfag and even i was able to see that she is way more that is let on. The last two episodes especially prove that.

She had good reasons to beat that manslut.

The anime did cut out some scenes but her character isn't really well developed initially at least.

You thought too hard about this.
All the characters in Konosuba are self-involved, they seek only personal gratification for their desires and nothing else.
Thats why the first scene with Aqua and Kazuma was so memorable. It her having fun at his expense, and him satisfying his anger in the moment to take revenge.
Aqua then becomes a degenerate overwhelmed by the daily lives and pleasures of the world. She was the first one to mention sex after all, Kazuma probably could have hit that anytime.
Kazuma lives for his peace of mind and little girls. Its frankly obvious that he's extremely inconsiderate of others.
Megu just wants to unload a big one everyday.
Darkness just wants to get treated like she shit but still have that feeling of consideration. Its clearer in the books that she's the most complex character.

Megumin was the same in every episode and i didn't really find her funny. Dorkness and Aqua were fun and best jokes revolved around them.

Find a flaw.

>Kazuma lives for his peace of mind and little girls
m8 his very first succubus request was for an older inexperienced girl. He ain't a lolicon.

in regards to that, i'd like to direct your attention to >Megumin isn't stupid but lets her stubbornness dictate how she lives her life, especially with her superiority complex over her explosion magic.
makes for interesting situations and character development.

I disagree. being more than is let on, and having a deeper backstory are two similar yet very different things.

Exactly.

you make a good point, maybe you're right. I still think some of my points are very valid though. Reading into it is a bad habit of mine

This moment was cute.

Fuck i hit the wrong one. i meant this

I thought Sup Forums liked Grimgar and Re:Zero?

Sup Forums isn't one person

Also, many people here will rip on the popular shows to keep the casuals out.

>What is it about Konosuba that makes it so beloved on Sup Forums compared to other isekai anime like Re:Zero and Grimgar?

I liked it because it was not trying to sell the characters to me as being "cool".

Kazuma´s gang are all lame in their own, unique ways, and live, work and become friends despite of that. They are barely fit to live together (they form a group because nobody else wants them in theirs), they are absolutely not fit for their job in the first place, and it is difficult to argue that they get any better at either. But this makes them interesting and loveable outcasts (one important point: they are not outcasts because they are super-powerful or special Mary Sues that everyone hates out of sheer retardation, but because they are useless or weird).

In a generic isekai, they would be disgustingly perfect for both daily life and the adventurer´s job.

If there was a massive fire, Konosuba´s MCs would be clown firemen. The MCs from generic isekai would be Superman. You know that Superman is going to get it right without any effort, but watching the clowns fuck up is far more entertaining and they deserve some sympathy.

>RE: Zero
It'll suffer the same fate as SAO and fall into its own pitfalls. The draw and intrigue for some, is probably the same draw that attracted them to SAO. Both authors had set up a seemingly realistic premise and you'll want to at least watch to see how that'll play out. And then, as you continue to read/watch realize there really is nothing special about it aside from the first few books/arcs that made it what it is. It really is the pinnicale of "Baby's first" like picking up a John Green novel and thinking all YA is John Green.

>Konosobu
The author know what he intended Konosobu to be and that is what made it a good watch that came through the anime adaptation. The humour clicked well, characters weren't entirely likeable and that contributed to the humour, and all.

>Grimgar
I can't comment on that yet it really does seem like the underdog to both Konosobu and Re:Zero, I've seen threads come and go and a decent amount of fans.

Superior goddess

Re:zero gets more hate than love. Do you ever actually read threads that involve Re:zero? There are way more people attacking than defending the show.

The fanbase are cancerous. They ruin any chance for a decent discussion of the fanfiction.

>The author know what he intended Konosobu to be and that is what made it a good watch that came through the anime adaptation
The author is a woman and friends with Re:Zero's author.

KONOSUBA is essentially a fantasy-transposed story about young people with odd but diverse qualifications attempting to succeed in an unforgiving job market.

They struggle with debt, take on jobs they shouldn't because the pay is good, and often get too wrapped up in enjoying small victories to think about the big picture.

Almost the entirety of the show covers them merely trying to survive in this world, and maybe make enough money to move out of the barn.

The struggles of KONOSUBA's heroes actually make many segments of this show very relatable. Most of us haven't been swallowed by giant frogs or had to negotiate with angry dullahans, but we've certainly dealt with thankless jobs or unfriendly neighbors.

This. Megumin is not bad but she's just really overated.

NGNL was textbook escapist power fantasy isekai and Sup Forums fucking adored it before it became MAL's darling and hipster contrarianism kicked in.

Too bad in the novels Kazuma's high luck stat eventually wins out and he becomes permanently well-off.

Hell, even in the fucking anime they score a fucking rent-free residence in a fucking mansion. How often does that happen in the real world? Fuck the housing market.

Just find and squat in some haunted mansion.

forgot your mlp and fedora.

Doesn't take itself seriously
A comedy anime that's actually funny sometimes
Fun characters

>Re: Zero
>deep
Only in the eyes of mental midgets like yourself

Boobplate.