Why are so few annoyed by post-modern architecture?

Why are so few annoyed by post-modern architecture?

Other urls found in this thread:

architecturalrecord.com/articles/12980-first-look-diller-scofidio-renfros-zaryadye-park-opens-in-moscow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most people I know hate a lot of it.

It's fine. looks pretty cool.

Poor sod from Cardiff here. Look at our fucking parliament building. They tore down all of the nice Victorian-era houses in Cardiff and replaced them with modern art shite, apart from the few buildings in the centre.
Look at it. Looks like something I built in art class in school.

I hate it

Looks like the roof of a tiki themed bar.

Why the fuck is there grass on the roofs where no one can fucking see it?

Another proof that devolution was a mistake. Surely there are some actually good-looking and historically significant buildings that can be used as centres of the legislature in Scotland and Wales? Or have the lefty regionalists in those countries mooted the idea of using anything they fear is 'English colonialism'?

Verboten topic

It really does

>grass is for seeing
Its to reduce heating/cooling costs.

This looks quite nice, it's another welsh parliament building.

It's great for parkour!

Women like modern architecture because it's easier for them to understand and "less oppressive" (read: doesn't remind them of the long history of men that have built the world for them).

It also allows more women to become architects and interior designers because architectural design starts at a more "blank slate" and women (or foreigners) don't have to think too hard or conciser any cultural concepts (like domes, platonic forms, symbology, etc) that may be a part of traditional design.

Basically it's just easymodo normie-fied architecture to sucker new demographics into wanting to build shit for their jew masters.

I have an appointment so I will spare you the pain but know that they are erasing our culture

holy fuck this is painful

my goodness

Honestly I can see how the plans for that building might look cool.
But in practice it just looks odd.

>that pic

This image is a good metaphor for the degeneration of Canada.

every building you see in this picture was completely erased by the commies, this is the centre of Moscow

here the process started a bit earlier

this

Modern architecture might be a mixed back but it sure is better than pseudo-classical imitations.

Scotland's original Parliament building (used until 18th century) is literally still there, pic related.

Fucking disgusting building. Jesus.

Jewish social chaos engineering in building form.

this so much this. Everyone in here who wants architects to copy what has already build are actually supporting parasites of the mind.

fuck off the rom looks great

This. Today's architects suck ass

The future needs to look stupid to spite the aesthetic perfection of racist white male architecture.

I prefer modern architecture or international architecture, provided it doesn't erase landmarks. There's just something about tall glass towers, reflecting the European man's ascent towards the sky and its veerlasting progress towards perfection.

FUCK. This one causes physical pain.

Its a tumor

btw, this is what they just built next to the Kremlin, what do you think?

architecturalrecord.com/articles/12980-first-look-diller-scofidio-renfros-zaryadye-park-opens-in-moscow

>memeflags
I should stop being lazy and go and filter all of you already.

Making brand new buildings in that style I can sort of understand, but removing old, culturally important buildings to replace them with that garbage? Fucking why? Adapting to modern times doesn't have to mean destroying the past

That's some nasty, ugly shit.

Is that finished or still being built?

I am creating it. Better than this nervous undergrad shit on your pic.

nice argument friend. Parasite supporter.

As an abstract image the plan is pretty funky, but the end product is a disappointment (and a fucking expensive one at that, it went wildly overbudget). The building is covered in unnecessary abstract shapes and customised features which form an incoherent mess (the debating chamber itself is particularly jarring). It's a real product of the education system - architecture which is focused on making presentational drawings that look like artworks when you pin them up on a wall for a crit, rather than on the final built product.

some people are buttmad about this bridge and how it affects the panorama of the Kremlin

>building are either dirt cheap block shit or (((modern art))) shit
>ugly furniture made out of plastic and pressed wood shavings
>every car looks the same with minor shape differences
It hurts.

Because it's not always shit? That one isn't great, but it's not too awful either (I would probably see it differently if I was aware of the price tag, but like most people I have no idea how much was spent on this).

And I'm sure the great buildings our ancestors built were insanely expensive as well.

It's the architecture form of Tetsuo

Christcuck detected.

I'm not saying its the jews.. but it's the jews

Guys remember to like ''Architectural Revival'' on facebook

This bridge doesn't look bad when compared to the abominations I've seen in this thread.

How? It's a clock tower.
It's finished, alas.

Not the nips

>it might look like shit but at least it's different
>tfw to intelligent to make aesthetic buildings

>vidya on nvidia

Jews are trying to destroy history.

What an ugly nervous shit. I guess the deadline was synchronized with architects PMS?

Those fucking atrocities

I actually really like modern contemporary architecture. More like pic related, though, less like I do, however, believe that government buildings should reflect the culture of the country it's in or the one it represents (in example of like an embassy building)

>architecturalrecord.com/articles/12980-first-look-diller-scofidio-renfros-zaryadye-park-opens-in-moscow

Space-age wonder, who gives a fuck if they didn't destroy anything to build it. Sup Forums contrarianism is pure unrefined autism

Burger student here, was just there

I can confirm it looks like absolute shit. Not just the exterior of the building which looks about as good as the shit postmodern student apartment block I'm in, but also the landscaping which consists of weeds which they just let overgrow in cracked concrete flower beds to make a 'natural' atmosphere. The hadrails and shit around it are rusty and falling apart too.

Cool geology behind it though

> how
The volume

i actually like this one. Better than the thousands copy of the pantheon.
nice house

We need more of this.

Communism infected weak cucks like these into thinking this shit was "cool" or "stylish" when in reality it's an ugly piece of shit

No, we need to build futuristic aesthetic shit
If the men who built oxford thought like you did they would have built roman shit

JUST

here's some good architecture

I was in Edinburgh with my gf a couple months back. We went to holyrood park and walking past this building we were cracking up

Just power wash that and make the exterior look clean again and put the cuck politicians inside.

Pretty pathetic when you're European and America's version is still better looking.

kys

brutalism is peak architecture

I love the 1970s feeling in this one

It's not that the buildings are older and therefore better, but that they actually look far better. They're actually visually appealing.

Whatever this architecture style is called it's probably the cringiest of them all. The "we have no culture so let's adopt superficial details from ancient greece and make everything big"-school of architecture.

Disgusting. It's a shame really.
If you're not joking, I hope you die. Brutalism is to architecture what communism is to politics - Cancer.

Looks like a building that could be in the Half Life 2 prototypes.

This

Yes, but it's still better than that Scottish abomination

But we can't keep building new things with old design
Progress isn't the thing that's wrong in itself. It's a matter of degree, not substance

Why are you so annoyed by post-modern architecture?

It triggers my autism, it needs 80's style symmetric buildings.

Brutalism looks like some kind of hive or nest insects would build.

I never said any of that, but you'd be an idiot to say that what was in the pic you replied to wasn't leagues ahead of modern skyscrapers.

The correct use of brutalism is to heavily cover them in greenery.

Ancient Greek and Roman building were actually much different. They had tiles over what you think we are trying to copy. Also everything is bigger in Texas, including our capitol building

Heavens to Betsy!

>bridge
>doesn't even reach the other side of the road

This is a great and unique wonder of architecture. I have been drawn to it since i was a child

Also it's called white culture, pleb.

holy moly

The Scot's idea of 'fine cuisine' is a bag of chips dropped on the floor and returned without too much dog shit on. They're an uncultured people. I doubt a single one of them knows what postmodernism is, the architect was likely drunk.

That's why I said "superficial details".

>pillars lmao

leave it to americans who've never seen decent architecture or art to find this piece of garbage "cool"

Disgusting

This one doesn't look too bad it's just that they destroyed a beautiful building for a meh one.

On one side, I understand why they had to demolish those buildings. They just can't maintain them forever, sooner or later they would just come down by themselves.
On the other side, I don't understand why they couldn't just build something closer in looks to what they had before.

Does anyone have that picture of chicago in the early 20th century and in the early 21st century?