Novel / Light Novel

Is the difference between novels and light novels just in the label like many people say or is it something else? How they are written, structured, etc.

A light novel adaptation usually needs 4-5 volumes worth of content to fill a cour with no anime-original episodes, while an actual novel like Hibike only needed one. Sitting at around 300 pages, it wasn't any more robust than the average light novel page count, the complete series was only 4 volumes long, though, while light novels go on forever. I'm using Hibike as an example since it's the only anime adaptation of an actual novel I know of, maybe this is just a special case?

>Is the difference between novels and light novels just in the label
No.
>like many people say
Like who?
>How they are written, structured, etc.
Why don't you look it up?
>it's the only anime adaptation of an actual novel I know of,
Maybe you should also watch more anime.

Just remembered Tatami Galaxy and NHK ni Youkoso were novels.

Animated ny Kyoani = novel
Animated by someone else = LNshit

Lurk moar newfag.

>moar

Who's the newfag? This is Sup Forumstard speak.

Fuck off.

All light novels are novels, but not all novels are light novels

>Is the difference between novels and light novels just in the label like many people say
No. Who the fuck actually says this?
The rest of your questions are stupid and can be answered by a simple google search and/or lurking the fuck more.

>Like who?

>No. Who the fuck actually says this?

Sup Forums in a thread a few months back

Hakomari is a light novel and it's genuinely good.

Figure that one out.

Compare SAO to The Woman in the Dunes and you will see what the difference is.

LN's are basically YA - dumber, more waifubaiting, the target audience are stupid horny teenagers. In contrast to western YA they are also very short and have lots of pictures.

Compare Shana to SSY.

LNs are shorter and have pictures.

What's this then?

They also have a relatively simplistic language.

Then you could add a few common tropes for LNs, like making characters recognizable by way of catch phrases or using complicated and ominous kanji and translating them to mean something else, but that's not what defines them.

A heavy light novel.

They get bigger. Help.

Manga?

Are you retarded or just trolling?

Fun fact you can find it on exhentai if you can get past the panda.
LNs are pulp periodicals, like the ones popular in the west until TV replaced the niche. They typically have a cliched storylines and characters just like a detective novel would. Instead of Sam Shady you have "nice guy" MCs and the tsundere, onee-chan, lolita type etc.

It's not a manga. It's an LN. But it did get a recent manga adaptation and anime announcement.

Do most Japs see Naziboo stuff like this as being in poor taste?

The fuck are you talking about? Are you calling Youjo Senki that?

What an ugly whore.

Not to my knowledge. Most people don't give a shit about a century ago.

Ironically, this one has a theme as well as dialogue and monologue that is on a real different level.

Stop insulting characters from actual novels.

Novel. Say hello to what you see as the filename.

They're usually short, have pictures, easier kanji, are written by otaku for otaku. Basically a light read, you can buy a volume, blast through it in a couple of hours and buy another volume once it comes out.

There are exceptions, of course, not every light novel fits all these criteria.

>blast through it in a couple of hours
No, that's normal books.
You can blast through an LN in an hour or less.

>Sup Forums
You mean an user who you were dumb enough to believe.

Like people have already said, look the difference up yourself and lurk the fuck more.

Denying that something ever existed is what's in poor taste.

Then maybe I'm abnormal, but it takes me more than an hour for ~300 pages. I could try speeding up though.

Light novels have pictures and non-filler chapters. Novels have no pictures and most chapters don't even make it on movie film.

250-300 pages in an hour or less? And you think that's the norm? Most people don't even get through 100 pages in an hour, dude. You're either trolling or are really delusional of what the norms are.
If you account for the simple dialogue that LNs normally have you can get through it quickly, but in no way an hour or less.