Whats Their Problem

Whats Their Problem

Other urls found in this thread:

trekcore.com/blog/2017/07/new-ew-issue-details-bryan-fullers-discovery-departure/
youtube.com/watch?v=ytzGInyyFHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's almost as if they can't think of anything original and are purely pushing a specific agenda.

What's hilarious is The Orville is going to kill this piece of shit and StarTrek will have learned nothing. In a year or two they'll be trying to push yet ANOTHER shitty prequel full of the aliens nobody gives a shit about.

kILL IT, GUT IT, WEAR THE CORPSE. 'hELLOOOO FELLOW SCIFI FANS, WHAT ABOUT WHITEY? eH?//? HMMMM'

right wingers becoming worse than SJWs these days complaining about everything

the show is shit. this is a legit complaint from someone who grew up on TNG.

>Orville is going to kill this piece of shit

It's not being made for ratings, it's being made for 're-education'

it cost 8.5 million per episode to make.

It literally costs more than Game of thrones each episode, and has a fanbase a fraction of the size.

Surely this will turn out wonderfully.

Orville is pretty full of SJW shit, too, and the humor isn't great.

I wonder????

>hating on based Bryan Fuller
Sup Forums really is filled with contrarians. I thought the show was great

>make shit show
>name it STD
leftists are fucking braindead. this show is going to remember as the STD of television, kek

Dude. Do you even fucking know what StarTrek is? I love it when 12 year old neonazis bitch about StarTrek and StarTrek ripoffs being progressive.

Hi, bryan.

....there's a whole episode about why sex changes on children are wrong.

sry but you fuckers looking for problems she carried those 2 episode and what part of those 2 episodes was SJW propaganda bitch when something happens

>142911583
your show is failing, and is already cancelled.

no (you)

>ship has chink name

looking for problems?

How about some BASIC fucking science and Logic.

If she escaped the prison cell by creating a hole in the forcefield... and that cuased a release of pressure that shot her across the gap...

Then why the fuck didn't opening a hole in the forcefield on the other side also release a burst of pressure? shouldnt it of acted the EXACT same way? shouldn't there have been a release of pressure that prevented her from entering?

They're dumbing down Startrek to nigger levels, and its not going to work. pandering to a demographic that doesnt even watch sci-fi is literally retarded.

where 2 watch episode 2?

>First 2 seconds
>Ooo action in an asteroid field
I'm bored already.

What do you think I was saying? That Trek should not have any of their same SJW bullshit that it has since for ever? Have you ever watched TOS? Sure, there's a lot of commie and liberal utopia bullshit in there, there's also some strikingly conservative aspects to it. They also didn't appeal to eye candy to make everyone forget the fact that the show is shit in every other aspect. It was quite the opposite.

>The Orville is going to kill this piece of shit
The Orville's even shittier than STD.

Oh, yeah. THAT fucking scene. The bitch accelerates constantly for 1999.9km over a span of about 20 seconds and decelerates over the span of 1 second over about 100 meters.

HOW THE FUCK!?!

it's the mass effect andromeda of star trek

>everyone thinks the Klingons are trump supporters
>they are actually meant to represent Muslims

this isnt star trek
this isnt even star wars

its some faggy scifi level shit

Where is R2D2 when you need him to tell you the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field. Just got to calibrate him to take into considerations of Black Privilege.

WE WUZ

>Have you ever watched TOS?
Oh god it has leprosy! Get it away! Shew!!

wording this. if anything made nigg-- klingons look like the racists

Not if it was opened earlier. Also, pic related

pirate it

So they're not fully bat-shit insane liberals. That's good. I don't know if it's McFarlane or just the whole brand of humor, but something about it turns me away.

HOW THE FUCK DO CHINKS DO THIS ALL THE FUCKING TIME!?

>tng
>std
what the fuck are you people talking about??

>USS EUROPA gets cut in half by an invisible enemy

>HOW THE FUCK DO CHINKS DO THIS ALL THE FUCKING TIME!?
Get in your car and see how well you drive with your eyes half closed.

>The Orville's even shittier than STD.
Well I watched it and it was alright. It's kind of jarring to try to watch the show though, since it tries to hover between comedy and sci-fi and doesn't really pull of the comedy part terribly well. There were times I laughed, but they need to figure this out better. Sexually Transmitted Disease Trek I had NO interest in from the first time I saw images.

>std
it started wrong already

Nobody cares about klingons period.

>vagina spaceship

ffs

My parents think it is good but it is shit

KEK

hot

>Watching any Star Trek Past Enterprise at this point
The Meritocratic society of Star Trek where only the best get to be on the ships is entirely irrelevant in the modern era of TV shows. In the original series the point of nonwhites was to show that overt racism was over and that anyone who could make it made it. We saw this time and time again as androids and aliens (TNG, etc) showed that meritocratic system in full effect as they were clearly fit for the job. Nowadays this message is surpassed by diversity bullshit and it pisses me off to no end. At this point the only civic nationalist universe not stained by liberalism is Starship Troopers since its globalist fascism.

No amount of (((agendas))) trumps the almighty dollar. CBS funded this series for one simple reason - they were starting their own streaming service to try and compete with Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu and this was going to be their flagship show - a big, budget program with tons of Hollywood talent to bring in a few million subscribers.

The fact that it turned out to be a social justice infested train wreck isn't because the studio set out to make it one, it's because the studio executives put a bunch of morons more concerned with political agendas and focus groups in charge of the show rather than writers and directors who would have been passionate about making a quality sci-fi show. It was always destined to be shit... but it's shittiness outperformed even the gloomiest of predictions.

And that's why STD will get canned after one season - because CBS didn't shell out $8.5 million an episode for Huffington Post in Space.

Dude left the project because of this shit.

The only good part of those episodes was the Klingons. Somehow those nu-male faggots actually managed to make the one thing I thought impossible for them to get right mostly right.

It feels like another situation where the director/team tries and make the "bad guys" so stereotypical according to their preconceived notions about fighting/masculinity/etc., that they end up becoming the good guys through that sheer personality.

>Huffington Post in Space
fucking kek.

Ironically Star Treks high point was in TNG when it had a predomidently white cast.

DS9 when the show contradicted all its liberal/jew ideas.

TOS was casted predominatly of Jews, and non whites.

>rewrote everything to attack Donald Trump and anyone who supports him.
>Puts in political issues front and center to make sure people are hit over the head with the correct political message.
>No pretense to make it an interesting show. It is all about attacking Donald Trump

I am a huge star trek fan. The original and TNG were my favorites. I consider STD to be like the morons who took over comics and ruined them. All the stuff before these losers took over were good.

I actually enjoyed watching The Orville. It really has strong TNG vibes. This should have been Star Trek.

We know Star Trek universe is a liberal fantasy. But they used to have interesting stories to tell in between them trying to give us a "message". Now it is all message and no story and it fucking sucks.

Chinese have zero spatial awareness.

>Robert Heinlein
>Man After Man

>But they used to have interesting stories to tell
Yep and this is why everything after VOY was garbage. They kept trying to do "something different" and fucked everything up.

trekcore.com/blog/2017/07/new-ew-issue-details-bryan-fullers-discovery-departure/

>orville

literally the first scene is about cukoldry, and the second episode is about muh trannies

I knew it was gonna be a fuck white people shit show from the moment he left.

I didn't find it that bad. Klingons were pretty badass tbqh. idk why everybody's bitching about it, it's not the first time liberalism hit this series...

>MUH HORSESHOE THEORY

lol, also sage

What is the best faction in Star Trek and why is it the Romulan Star Empire?

TOS was fairly militaristic though with enemies being beaten by might rather than reason. TNG was the philosophical series showing a liberal utopia done right. DS9 was "good times lead to weak men lead to hard times lead to strong men" in a nutshell.
Not sure what Man After Man has to do with Heinlein

Someone needs to update pic related

Look at the cover art.

What Klingons, those were Reevan Toxic Space Masculinity Patriarchy Orcs!

Lol I love VOY but this is pretty true.

lol.. can't believed they killed him though. 2 episodes in, reunited Klingons and gets shot in the back. wew

There is a shitload of hamfisted political and moral analogies littered through Star Trek episodes. If you haven't realised that you haven't been paying attention.

It is sad that TNG and the other star trek shows would never be made today. Too many "white males" and "white culture".

Going into the holodeck and playing Sherlock Holmes, going onto the High Seas pretending to be British sailors, fighting Greek gods, pretending to be celtic warriors fighting other celts, Playing as Roman Soldiers, reenacting Battle of Britain in spitfires, talking with Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci, Pretending to be private investigators in 1920's / 1930s America and dealing with organized crime, Q having fun with them as an Grand Inquisitor, etc.

All those stories would be gone because they are too white.

'Member Spock flying into Vyger?!

>In October, after months of backstage tension, CBS Television Studios asked Fuller to step down as showrunner… [the] captain’s chair was filled by [Aaron] Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg, two writers Fuller had worked with for years.

>Harberts
>Berg

>Fuller saw the ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ trailer. How did he feel watching that? Fuller pauses: “What I can say is… my reaction was that I was happy to see a black woman and an Asian woman in command of a starship.”

It was all (((fucked))) no matter what.

Fuck this is painfully true

>muh Klingons

I think there was an interview where one of the numales in charge of this shit was saying Klingons are Trump supporters because they are isolationist.
If you think the show is accidentally good because the villains are written to resemble you: you are reaching.

>klingons
>isolationist

brilliant. Haven't seen that in years.

>Fuller saw the ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ trailer. How did he feel watching that? Fuller pauses: “What I can say is… my reaction was that I was happy to see a black woman and an Asian woman in command of a starship.”
Is he /ourguy/? That smells like double talk to me

THIS is what they made Klingons look like?!

My evens, senpai

>Klingon EMPIRE
>Isolationist
Holy shit these people need gassing

kek'd out loud

to be fair i really hated all the holodeck episodes. it was an obvious cop-out to real writing for the show, where they could take almost any shit script and adapt it to see how trek tech would have worked in that time frame. it's lazy writing. and it's cheap writing, all the sets were re-used from other shit on the paramount lot. the show was supposed to be about traveling through the galaxy, not watching a fucking history book.

Reverse caps lock made this way more poignant, perfect tone

>expecting star trek to ever be a red pill to begin with

Please

you guys are fucking loser bitter Sup Forumsirgins because they aren't pandering to your demographic anymore
get over yourselves and learn to enjoy art the way is meant to be enjoyed

The holodecks were lazy but still fun episodes. TNG had 7 seasons so filler is not unuusual and the number of holodeck episodes were faily minimal.

From the sound of it, uninteresting SJW plotlines, dutch angles, lens flares, and bad lighting.

Captain Sonequa in space lmao, what a fucking joke America has become.

Friendly reminder that the asteroids in asteroid fields are actually kilometers apart from each other.

Star Trek has always been SJW schlock.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytzGInyyFHU

fuck off

Honestly nothing can top the golden years of trek, aka TOS-TNG-DS9

Voyager and enterprise were garbage
Std is somehow even more shit

Fuller is Sup Forums's guy

>there are people who watch startrek other than ds9

It has but it's like with comics books, among other things, it used to be old model judaism. In the old model they tried to make a product that would make money and be popular and could condition the goyim as well.
In new model judaism conditioning the goyim is considered to be so important that they literally do not see other factors. The show is good if it is very diverse, passes the bechdel test, pushes the latest propaganda. All elements of storytelling can be ignored.

Checked and C-3PO you fucking leaf.

This.

DS9 is the only non-pozzed Star Trek show despite having a nig lead.

Andromeda is what Star Trek could've been had it not been a huge soap box.

Watched the first episode, the style is horrible. Lens flare, everything is tinted either yellow or blue and the camera angle changes every 5 seconds. They drastically redesigned the Klingons and their ships which pissed me off to no end. It just feels nothing like Star Trek.

The main character is schizo and makes insanely rash decisions and I just can't ever see myself giving a fuck about her character also she's named Michael for some reason and she's supposed to be Spock's never before seen adopted sister, which is crap.

On the upside the Klingons desire to preserve their culture in the face of being assimilated by the Federation's touch feely multiculturalism is a good concept; but I fully expect they'll be turned into right wing strawmen. The conflict over whether the Federation should be more militaristic in the face of the Klingon threat is also a decent concept; but I have little faith in them delivering on that theme either.

TLDR: Its not Star Trek, it has some decent ideas; but the characters and style blow. I watched the first episode on TV and didn't bother turning into CBS's bullshit streaming service for the second episode after the contrived cliffhanger ending.

Explain this meme. Why do all white males shill for DS9, which was the worst of the three actual StarTrek series?

>Andromeda
Oh god, it's just plain old shit taste.

Anyone have a streaming link?

I tuned in to 15 seconds, saw the captain arguing on the bridge like a maniac, while the camera tilting brought back flashbacks of Battlefield Earth

because the federation is actually in danger in DS9

in tos and tng it's just Kirk and Picard fucking around and exploring

Sisko does some real shit if you ever bothered to check the wiki.