Please tell me why deflation is a bad thing?

Please tell me why deflation is a bad thing?

you're confusing technological innovation with deflation

don't even get the mouse. Fucking Tandy

deflation is good. usury and unlimited print of fiat backed by "trust" is quite literally an invention of the kikes.

Its prices going down not hurting sales
What is the difference?

deflation good for savers and bad for frivolous spenders

its not black and white

That's not deflation you retard. There hasn't been sustained deflation in the U.S. since 1933

You're confusing depreciation with deflation. Deflation is bad because it encourages hoarding instead of lending. Need money to start a business or go to school? Too bad, my shekels will yield higher returns sitting in a hole that what you will (potentially) pay me back for them. That is unless you agree to a 35% interest rate, how does that sound?

I just came here to say Colleco master race

Also nigger and OP cant into economics

>it encourages hoarding instead of lending
How do you horde a fiat currency?

>hoarding
>"if i give saving an evil name i can make you think its bad"

nah

>Need money to go to school?
>it's cheaper then before

Scrooge McDuck style

He hoarded gold, an actually commodity

To answer OP's question, deflation can be a bad thing when it makes prices artificially high, which lowers demand. This causes revenues to fall. Debt also becomes more expensive in real terms, so combine that with lower revenues and you tend to get more defaults on debt. This makes credit more expensive, so there is the danger of a snowball forming that can grind an economy to a halt

You also get less people taking on debt

>the absolute state of PC gaming

unemployment + low investment as the most direct consequences
shortening of contract terms, from which emerges a high cost of readjustment, or alternatively people just prefer to postpone making any long-term contracts
goverment invariably making bad decisions which fuck everybody over once economy unfreezes
there are positives, though, economy becomes less volatile, basically no risk of financial bubbles, national currency strengthens in the short term
nothing to do with your pic though

Easy. The manner in which deflation occurs makes exports less competitive than imports, ceteris paribus.

>unemployment
cheap labor creates more jobs

Deflation = increased monetary supply causing artificial price increase in EVERYTHING.

This is improvement in productivity, innovation, causing decreased production cost. Why are eggs like 20 cents per dozen right now, but milk is $8 per gallon, it's not because of deflation.

You are confusing deflation with inflation, bucko.

Only corporations would have bought these

You could get a Tandy 1000 for $800 which was fine for games and BBS browsing...

This. It was never a consumer grade computer.

Find a better example.

>This. It was never a consumer grade computer.

Where did I say it was?

so its bad for money lenders.
sounds great.

>Please tell me why deflation is a bad thing?
Yes Bitcoin is the future.

Carry on

man I remember they were expensive, but not this much. Think the first computer I had access to was a 286 sold for freaking 40k fishshekels that was a lot back then.

Another one was a 386, also father of my friend, but I dunno the price of it though. Now what did I even pay for my amiga? That was a lot of work that's for sure, a lot of routes with commercials, sold flowers, lawns cut, fish sold and those things you only can do when you are just a kid?

Think about 4-5k fishshekels, my first x86 computer was a 486 sx, that was like then I think, it was used though

bitcoin can really go either way
either it's another dutch tulip crisis and it all just crashes, or they do actually just keep on raising in value til they lit are worth millions.

some computer generated hashes, worth millions, lit dutch tulips

>Please tell me why deflation is a bad thing?
>one computer
>no monitor
>no mouse
$8499
>now bankrupt

Our current system rewards debtors and punishes savers.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!

You can grow more tulips.
All the Bitcoin that will ever be has already been determined, 21,000,000.

Probably worth as much as every thing else in the RadioShack store