An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play

I never found football interesting at all, boring as fuck, and at least this proves I am objectively correct

qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/

>The NFL’s popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

>Part of the discrepancy has to do with the basic rules of American football. Unlike hockey or basketball, the 60-minute game clock in football can run even when the ball is not in play. That means a lot of game time is spent standing around or huddling up before each play begins.

>The 11 minutes of action was famously calculated a few years ago by the Wall Street Journal. Its analysis found that an average NFL broadcast spent more time on replays (17 minutes) than live play. The plurality of time (75 minutes) was spent watching players, coaches, and referees essentially loiter on the field.

>An average play in the NFL lasts just four seconds.

>Of course, watching football on TV is hardly just about the game; there are plenty of advertisements to show people, too. The average NFL game includes 20 commercial breaks containing more than 100 ads. The Journal’s analysis found that commercials took up about an hour, or one-third, of the game.

All I have to say is that trannies should not be cheerleaders because that's disgusting.

If you grew up with a father you would understand

>DUDE WATCHING YOUNG SWEATY GUYS IN SKIN TIGHT UNIFORMS GRABBING BALLS AND JUMPING INTO PILES IS SO MASCULINE

I mean obviously you were raised indoors on anime. I bet you are the typical beta nu-male cuck except more obese

Oh hey there, fat Tumblr feminist, got some new original fresh insults nobody has ever heard before, I see

You are a guy who hates American football (the game not the NFL even) and you got triggered as fuck when called out on it (like a little girl) and I am the fat tumblr feminist?

>Liking a game where the "game" is four seconds long and hours upon hours of Jewish commercials selling you crap and propaganda

Good Goy

its a shame really because the actual game is pretty neato.

maybe college football has less commercial and stuffs i dunno

Actually, all football games are 100% commercials thinly veiled as turf drama

I hope this shit does not spread into baseball, the actual REAL American sport

Dear burgers please remember that you now have the chance to get one of the biggest demographic groups on your side:
The mostly apolitical left-leaning/left-voting boomer.

Remember that football for a boomer is one of the most important things in life as they never had to struggle.
Their parents fought the war and created a rich and comfortable world for the boomers. Fottball is their common hobby,
it brings them together in bars and at BBQ. It reminds them of their youth when they played in school.

The left is destroying what they love and the boomersd hate it.

Get a boomer red-pilled today.

Talk to your boomer-parents and boomer-family. Especially your dads.

A conversation could go like this:

>Yeah dad I heard about this kneeling thing. Why do they hate America
>I don't know son, I really don't.
>Dad I know you always have been dissapointed when I didn't show any interest in football
> Son I -
>But dad I can really relate to you in that situation
>You can?
>Yes they did the same to my video games. Back then you didn't understand what was bothering me during gamergate, but the left did
>the same to my games as they do now to your football
>Really?
>Yea dad we are in this together...because we love America!
>We do, we really do! I am proud of you son.
>Thanks dad - and fuck the lefty cunts for hating us!

The anticipation of each play is fun. Yea it sucks how many commercials there are, especially when they basically killed kick returns and added even more commercials. Just wish all the political/charity shit was gone.

One play in American football can mean so much. In soccer it is constantly non-stop meaningless bullshit.

These nigs are chimping out far more than I could have ever hoped and the media is goading them on massively. Even some nig congresswoman chimped out on the floor of the House today. Meanwhile NFL ratings hit historic lows this last weekend.

yeah. it isn't soccer. there's huddles and tactical time outs, reviews, strategizing like do u even know football breh?

yes there are way too many ads.

This is why I never got into watching football. I just can't stand all the commercials. Football highlights are fun to watch but I'd never sit through a whole game.

How did that game ever get so popular? I mean you could watch golf and see more action. Also I don't see how a significant percentage of the population could play it in their free time. You need a field that's big enough and equipment like protectors and helmets. European football you can literally play anywhere, mark a "goal" by two things (columns, trash cans, bagpacks) and use any kind of ball. We did it with tennis balls during recess in school. European football is even played by people over 40, there are teams at your work place quite often if you get enough people together.

Come home to rubgy, white man

Why do you guys even watched this "sport" in the first place?Basketball might be also filled with niggers but at least its fun to watch and play,this shit is the absolute worst thing

we've found an alternative

fuck the NFL

Boomers love buying shit and nogs. Thats why football is more popular than more entertaining sports.

They did literally the same thing you described with soccer, you fucking idiot.

yea but we hate boomers too. so it's like allying with the people who fucked your life up. basically we would be acting like boomers ourselves (how they love israel despite israel fucking our nation up with wars).

A lot of American football is just burned up and wasted time. If the play doesn't end in a missed passed or a player running out of bounds, the clock continues to run down for 40 seconds.

Towards the end of game its all about burning 80% of every minute waiting if you're in the lead.

There are probably fewer than 11 minutes of official action per game. Refs and play clock wasting burn a lot of time.

Holy shit how does anyone stand watching that?

Football is awesome, op is a faggot.

Nigger loving cuck who's who family wears jerseys of some other guy's name on it.

Beats me. The Superbowl or the odd playoff game used to be pretty watchable even if you're not in to nigger-egg but you had a basic grasp of the rules of the game. These days it's like a televised lobotomy.

I have to say I saw a couple of professional baseball games in person the other year which I hadn't done since I was a child, and at least that was paced well enough to still be engaging enough to see in person as a
>eh, what the hey
>sure why not
way for a relatively modest ticket price.

Because watching football is for gays who fetishize black men.

European football IS soccer. You may not have realized it, but you're the only ones that don't call it football. In soccer, the foot kicks the ball, hence the name foot-ball. Only a retard would come up with a completely different, non-related name.

Shut up. The Versailles Treaty and NATO treaties both specifically require that the US defines what football is as a condition of how much you lost the war and are all cucks anyway.

LOL. Your ball isn't even round. Nice "ball", faggots.

Correct; it is more aerodynamic and suited for its purposes. You must be an ahmed rather than a German with a Superior German Mind.

This is the exact reason that I stopped watching them while I was in the US for three months. It got absolutely absurd.

Ameriburgers have been convinced that American football is a good game by big business solely so that they can be forced to watch advertisements.

And the advertisements aren't even good anymore, not even for the Superbowl where non-sports people would have it on just to see the best ads they could come up with.

A ball that isn't round just isn't a ball.
You can ask any child around the globe, Pedro.

>WELCOME BACK TO NFL ON CBS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MCDONALDS: THE OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF THE NFL
>AND THERE IS A FLAG ON THE PLAY
>CLOCK RUNS
>HOLDING OFFENSE
>AND NOW BACK TO THE FOLLOWING MESSAGES
>GEICO SAVE MONEY NOW YOU RECKLESS SCUM
>AND WELCOME BACK
>PICTURE OF FAT COACH
>THE BALL IS IN PLAY FOR 7 SECONDS WHILE JAMAL RUNS INTO DEANDRE
>WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLAY BY THE BULL OUTTA NOTRE DAME

AND WHY THE FUCK KICK AN EXTRA POINT WHEN A 6 YEAR OLD COULD LITERALLY MAKE THE SHOT???

Fucking american memeball i swear

You may have short-term memory loss, low IQ, or a poor grasp of English. I have already established that the US gets to dictate what "football" means as a matter of treaty conditions.