Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XqzVz_GWgPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kimura's certainly persistent.

I can't contain the hype for next week

Jesus

>2 threads
This is a first.

Anyone know if and when the soundtrack would be released?

Kimura pls

This man is your friend. He fights for SHINKA.

More people should watch this

Anybody else prefer the first season?
The creators of the show had a lot of unique ideas for Kagewani spawn. Back when the show was monster of the week, it really let those ideas shine.
Each episode had its own unique atmosphere. The art and setting were also a lot more diverse.

While I've been enjoying the ride, I don't like how the show has shifted focus to Banba and the Kagewani itself. He worked better as an observer of the characters around him then as an MC.

Does it actually end now? MAL doesn't have a total number of episodes for this. I'dnt mind if the story continued somehow. Like hunting old nazi genetic experiments in germany and stuff.

One episode left according to official site.

well, there is still that guy that kimura left to "die"

In Kimura's own words "this is just the beginning".

Season 3 soon.

He looks American enough to ally himself with americans. Area 51 arc soon.

I guess the number of characters still alive by the end of next episode will decide if S3 will be a thing.

I definitely prefer S1 format.

Nanomachines, son.

Can't wait for the full version of Egoist Unfair
The PV sounded less amazing than Arrival of Fear, but still great

Greatest scenery of Kagewani, only second to arrival of big guys with Banba in the lift from S1

I love the girl's insert song .
Also nanomachines

High-frequency nanomachines.

Kimura is completely right, you know?

If my body got cyborgized I would also be like fuck it, may as well absorb a monster.

So he's like spook-powered Ironman now?

Anyone can make out the lyrics from this?
Also I wonder who these people are supposed to be

Fabulous bastard.

youtube.com/watch?v=XqzVz_GWgPc

The long version sure sounds better than the TV one.

God Damn I knew he was going to pull something but turning himself into the Bionic Man and absorbing the kagewani is amazing. Too bad he has to die now otherwise Kimura would have been a cool dude.

How many episodes are going to be left now? We still have the previous executive running around as a Chupacabra now and a boss fight to finish.

How many episodes is this

Basically this explains that all the previous kagewanis were spawns of it and the clone possessing Kanba was not from the original right?

13 I think.

What if Kimura actually wins and defeats Banba, the masked girl and the previous executive over the course of an episode?

13, same as S1.

Can't see that happen.

Wew, how the hell do the want to end this.Would be shit if the two fight now.

First season did have more of a monster of the week feeling which for this actually works. Not that I don't like Banba and Kimura working for/against every few episodes, but the whole setting was better for one. That episode 6 in the first season man. Cthulu underwater shit both intrigues and scares me, and that one episode got me good.

>Would be shit if the two fight now
How so?

Did we already have a Nessie monster?

Good taste. The other ocean episode with the jellyfish is top tier as well.

Another issue with S2's format:
The show's limited budget and artstyle don't allow it to carry an action based plot. The fight scenes look downright pathetic, and so they kill any tension the writers are trying to build.
Back in S1, most of the animation went to the monsters. With slow deliberate movements, they closed in on their prey. The animation style, while arguably still unappealing, worked a lot better for these kinds of scenarios.
Ever since we got super Banba and the ninja lady, every episode has been highlighting the worst aspects of the art.

The first episode was some sort of dino. The three guys were trying to fake a Nessie video so I guess that was supposed to be a kagewani-ified version.

>I have the power of NANOMACHINES
>But I'm going to try taming a shadow crocodile because somehow that's more useful

Nah, he's insane.
And I love him because of it, I hope the final fight will be nice.

With the Luluco episode and Sagamoto and ConRevo ending i completely forgot about Kagewani.

You get two guys with white suits and slicked-back hair revealing their secret evil plan in one day.

How powerfull will be the nanomachines powered kagewani after he devours Kimura from within?

Goddammit Kimura. I though you turned good in the last few episodes

He's a badass because he's entirely self-serving and doesn't give a dang about anything else. From his position, absorbing a monster is just as right as saving a blind loli.

Even Banba isn't exactly good. He's only out for revenge against the shadow croc for eating his family, same as the fork ninja. It enhances the tension of the story having unpredictable characters.

>I have the power of NANOMACHINES
No he doesn't.

Can Banba somehow live through this? From humanity's point of view, he's just as dangerous as the original Kagewani. Might even end up worse, if Kimura's observation is to be trusted

>she sees your kagewani

my kagewani casts a shadow larger than the original kagewani

Damn.

She's totally dying in the next episode right?

The kagewani has to be one of the greatest monsters ever.

This is getting s3 and you know it
They can't resolve the newly-transformed director subplot in the next episode alone.
I also feel like Kimura's not dying either, since he's supposed to be the director's rival

Banba might be done for though, what stops Kimura from absorbing him as well?

When she had that flashback of her mom suicidally getting the kagewani's attention I thought for sure she was going to die. Instead, she just picked her sword up and kept fighting. Now I'm not sure.

It wouldn't have been a proper season without Kimura betraying the MC.

At least he's half robot this time to spice it up a bit

>betraying
>implying Banba doesn't agree with him, deep down

Of course the absolute greatest monster of all will always be humans.

>kimura is now a vacuum cleaner and a tuning fork
My sides stays.

I still think he has a Banba-style kagewani scar under that visor

This show can't go on without Kimura.

Kimura can't die until he has some meaningful close up talk with Banba, and even that won't necessarily be the nail for him since Banba will try his best to stop anyone from dying.

All powerful MC status. S1 conditioned us to expect Banba to turn up in some way, the narrative would be throwing away one of its major draws if we didn't have him. Even if he does suck him he'll only take the kagewani part, but I suspect Banba will be too shinka, and even spot Kimura fucking up in some way to warn him. We might be going for a not-even-human ending for both of them, it's a stalemate where they'll just get more borken.

I swear I saw fanart of this on Pixiv weeks ago. Do you think the people working on the show are its own fans or was it that obvious of a transformation?

I didn't notice until now that her outfit is very nice. Lots of potential for sideboob or even nip slips.

I love this show more than I should. Keeping my fingers crossed for a season 3, and also ARRIVAL OF FEAR in the final episode.

Is that an official keychain? Thats gay as fuck.

I was expecting some improvement of his kagewani, but not this hard on his own physical body, growing wings/fins thing. Hopefully its retractable.

You don't ship Banba and Kimura?

It did disappear by the end of the episode anyway.

Kimura will survive. As we saw at the end of season 1, he wouldn't die even if you killed him. Plus they might not even have a showdown next episode, unless this title was a troll and somebody is really going to end up dying in lava.

They really jumped the shark with S2.

Dont forget the laser beam hand

I thought it was a crocodil.

KageBanba was a great, if not expected, transformation. All those grotesque appendages really sold the scene. Ninja bitch and her magic tuning fork were stupid, but seeing Banba fight those monsters is pretty cool. Just kind of wish it stayed at finding monsters and hunting them down, rather than this corporate nonsense.

Also, the animation in this series is a real surprise. It looked like shit in the first few episodes, but it's really grown on me.

I liked S1 better, yes. I feel like it was more mystery/horror-centered, whereas S2 has been mostly action.

Banba and Kimura are pretty much OTP.

This

ORDER

It baffles me that this show has had the most satisfying finale of the season.

>absorbing a monster is just as right as saving a blind loli.

Words of wisdom.

>not shipping Banba x Kimura

I'll bet it's Kimura.