King James (yes THAT King James (Bible)) WAS GAY

newnownext.com/rubens-painting-duke-of-buckingham-james-i/09/2017/

A portrait by famed painted Peter Paul Rubens has been rediscovered, depicting George Villiers, the first Duke of Buckingham and (allegedly) King James I’s lover.

The painting was housed in Pollok House, a National Trust property in Glasgow, where it was long believed to be a copy of a work by the Flemish master that had been missing for nearly 400 years. But Bendor Grosvenor of the BBC’s Britain’s Lost Masterpieces suspected that it could be the real thing and began investigating.

The Duke of Buckingham’s relationship with James I has long been debated: Though married to Anne of Denmark, James was known to lavish attention on young courtiers, of which Villiers was the last. (James’ nickname for Villiers was “Steenie,” after the angel-faced St. Stephen.)

The two gushed over each other in letters—James called Villiers his “wife” and the Earl told his king “I will live and die a lover of you.” In 1617, King James told the Privy Council in 1617, “You may be sure that I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else—and more than you who are here assembled.”

Villiers was assassinated at the age of 35 in 1628, three years after James died.

“The chance to discover a portrait of such a pivotal figure in British history by one of the greatest artists who ever lived has been thrillingly exciting,” says Grosvenor.

The restored Rubens will go on display at Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Museum on Thursday.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7068574.stm
nature.com/nature/journal/v539/n7627/full/nature19827.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fake news pushed by the Catholic church

The KJV bible was published as a repudiation of his homosexuality.

The KJV was published to ease the relations of the puritans and the Anglicans.

And is named after a gay guy.

If you buy what the Catholic church is selling.

I don't think they are selling anything. I think he was gay.

Yeah I have no idea what would make the Catholic church want to attack him, sure beats me

WE

I'm pretty sure it is gay people who are most interested in this finding, not Catholics. Finding important gays in history concerns us.

I think your faggot brain is having difficulty comprehending my point

Not really I just don't think this is solely Catholics pushing this and you have no evidence that it is.

If there were so many gay people back in medieval times and if there were so many kangz, why didn't AIDS start until the 1980s?

We didn't have jet airplanes connecting Africa to the Haiti until then.

HIV came from Haiti to New York:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7068574.stm

nature.com/nature/journal/v539/n7627/full/nature19827.html

Yeah, having some boi pussy on the side has been the norm throughout European history.
What's your point?

bump

That it is interesting that a man whose name inspired a book used to push anti-gay hatred was gay himself.

I guess it's time you become Christian then, user.

Dude, fucking everyone knows King James was a fag.
Are you going to start a thread about how you just found out Oscar Wilde was gay?

This. Plus these faggots don't understand bromance.

Stop spreading lies.

Who cares. KJV isn't an accurate translation anyway.

>King James inspired the Bible
Full retard.

YAAAAAS SLAY QWEEEN!!!

STAY WOKE

I thought I filtered out fag flags

No he inspired a translation. I'm not sure if the KJV was created during his reign of after. Certainly the bible has been edited many times to suit political needs over time.

It's the best, desk with it you orthodope

bump