Why don't we colonize Antarctica? It would be a lot easier than another planet. What's down there?

Why don't we colonize Antarctica? It would be a lot easier than another planet. What's down there?

Other urls found in this thread:

admiralbyrd.com/antarctic-treaty.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WF5FPBEil7w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_claims_in_Antarctica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Byrd_Land
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't sustain agriculture in a continent like that.

Fun fact: according to scientists, Antarctica used to have forests until 4 million years ago.

>Why don't we colonize Antarctica?
admiralbyrd.com/antarctic-treaty.html

This is why.

It's against the Antarctic treaty.

Pengus

global freezing is a real issue goyim

It has soil tho. If it warms up expect plants to grow.

Fucking ice

youtube.com/watch?v=WF5FPBEil7w

hitler already did

why dont you colonize canada?
its 99% empty too

pic related

Hitler.

Actually in future we will probably able to do it, our planet is in a everchanging cycle of freezing warming since billions of years.

this is only the 3rd geological time period in the planet's history the poles are frozen tho

The Thing is still there somewhere. Sure u wanna take that chance?

That treaty is stupid

We can't because it would disprove 'global warming' and all the libtard cultists keep losing their shit when their little fantasy religion is proven to be wrong.

>You can't sustain agriculture in a continent like that.
If only we had mastered greenhouse technology, hydroponics, or clean room growing...

>admiralbyrd.com/antarctic-treaty.html
>This is why.
Make a new nation in Antarctic. You will find that treaty is only binding on signatories.
Also a huge chunk is unclaimed. Start by claiming the unclaimed part then step it up after development for a few years and claim the whole thing. No nation is going to go to war over it. In time that claim will become accepted as legally binding.

>Fucking ice
No everywhere, pic related.

There are entire regions of about 200 Sq miles that are completely ice free, the real issue is that ufo's live there already. The US military explored antarctica in the early 50's, we know it's habitable in certain places. The correct term to use is called "gas lighting" where you question someone else's sanity by insisting on a truth which isn't real (such as saying there is nothing in Antarctica worth looking at or nothing in Antarctica worth colonizing). It's shear foolishness.

Nice, a real topic of discussion.
HOPING POL DROPS ANY AND ALL SCIENCE INFO.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_claims_in_Antarctica

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Byrd_Land

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map

>what's down there
Nothing goyim

You can't sustain agriculture on the moon either, yet people still want to colonise it.

>In time that claim will become accepted as legally binding.

Makes you wonder why someone isn't already there drawing lines in the ice.

Ples don't ban me mods, I just want to know if Nazis live there

whoops, that last one isn't actually what I was looking at 10 years ago.
theres another 1500's detailed map of subglacial continent, matches almost identically to our modern spectroscopic scans from space today.

>>In time that claim will become accepted as legally binding.
>Makes you wonder why someone isn't already there drawing lines in the ice.
No demand for a new nation the outweighs the cost of living there.

Even if we did colonized it, what would be the point? What would we get out of it? Would what we find be worth the expense?

Ice!
That's what's down there!
Lots and lots of ice!

but its just ice what happens when the whole thing melts lol

so is this the plan to found kekistan?

Yeah. I was thinking about writing a novel series about colonizing the Antarctic.

A troll nation made by the owner of the first company in the west the developed a LFTR. Used the income to fund the development of a new nation. I was going to call the nation Northern Kekistan.

Argentina just wants to keep it to themselves

It’s really fucking cold that’s why and it’s got nothing living there

During Pangea when it was literally in the middle of the earth

>earth expanding now makes total sense
>it was just the arctic wall melting inch by inch

whoa wow

On another note I'm starting to believe all races except Africans came from outside the wall under the guise that a "space program" sent them to another planet. Then ((they)) wiped their memories and that was that. So that would mean a race of whites live elsewhere.

Nice. Then we can start building domed cities linked together by trains

It's almost like hydroponics still requires a large sustainable source of electricity, good soil, water filtration, and waste recycling. All of which would have to be imported. So basically you're importanting a fuck ton of stuff to do what could be done for significantly less at home.

1. the earth is flat and it would give it away that Antarctica is only an ice wall

2. the earth is hollow and there is one or more entrances

3. spoopy things like pyramids are being studied and they don't want the public to interfere

4.since its so secluded governments like to do super secret things there

5. the ayys live there because it is close to the temperature they like

Operation High Jump of course

Because in any futuristic scenario moon is the gateway to earth, also there's a fact it is in THE FUCKING SPACE NOT ON EARTH.

>muh plumb-bob, why no point sideways if da Urf be round.
>"means that buildings would be larger on the top and smaller on the bottom"

i mean how fucking retarded can you get to fuck up that the Earth is so large. A point on it's surface, even the size of a city block, would have a most marginal variance of degree it would probably fall into tolerance for construction error anyhow. fuckin dunce.

It's mostly frozen & has resources, along with giant creature remains. A land bridge connected it to south america.

Humanity came from other planets. Each race had it's own "home planet(s)".

All earth theories relate to perspective.

Everything I just replied to, I did a KB about at some point or another: archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

Thats part of what I am wondering. Could there be oil there? Has anyone really checked?

>It's almost like hydroponics still requires a large sustainable source of electricity, good soil, water filtration, and waste recycling. All of which would have to be imported. So basically you're importanting a fuck ton of stuff to do what could be done for significantly less at home.

The water treatment isn't an issue. Any city of any size will need that unless the treatment option was simply to dump it into the ocean. Which is very reasonable to do. Chop the crap up then filter it to remove the non shit (solid objects) then pump it out into the ocean and feed the fish.

However if we are going to close cycle the water as much as possible you will need an energy source. Lucky for us nuclear power and the LFTR tech is perfect for closed loop systems. With electrical generation by heating water, your last stage of efficiency gains is done by condensing steam to pull a vacuum on your last low pressure steam turbine. This is done by cooling the steam with cooling water and a heat exchange. Those iconic cooling towers with mist rising out of them are build to run the condensing part of the condensing turbines. However with a demand for low pressure steam for heating you have a use for that last bit of energy and can skip the condensing turbines. Use the LP steam for heating.

So you are correct about needing energy, and water treatment being desirable. But wrong about needing to import lots of stuff.

Hi frank

>Someone even mentions antactica
>flat earth shills show up
Like clockwork. Neck yourself you deep state slave

Oil is most or less everywhere. The question you need to ask isn't is there oil, but is there oil that can be extracted for less than the cost of oil from shale or heavy oil sands formations?

The answer is most likely no.

You still won't have enough light/warmth to sustain most types of life

/thread

You can't colonize antartica because you don't belong to the superior chilean race.

Stop doing this dumb bit both of you. It's retarded.
Why would someone call himself anonymous5, it makes no fucking sense.

hes been at this bullshit for a fucking year and wont stop tripfagging
hes even been fucking doxxed and wont quit

i'm down
i always wanted to fuck a polar bear

expense
hahaha
that's what separates today's faggotry from older times. There used to be men, explorers who had no inhibitions on living their lives to death.
and surely there is something there to see.

What the fuck are you talking about? What bit? Calling him out by name is siding with him?

well dont fuck it up. do the research or be doomed to have wasted your time.

i.e. the inhabitants would have to be partial nomadic, as their colony thrives, sea levels would rise and they'd have to escape their own coastline intermittently.

I like Frank, you don't need to take him seriously. Always a good talk, like talking about comic books