Planet Fitness took over my gym

>be me
>fit throughout college and high school, familiar with house of gains... but sacrifice fitness while pursuing J.D./Bar Exam
>surrounded by nu-males and betas in law skewl. Become slave to sad fag culture - ashamed of powerlevel - use Sup Forums as coping mechanism.
>gain 20lbs in three years but tall so don't look too fat
>go home while waiting for results of bar exam
>see hometown redpill brethren. They reinforce positive mentality.
>sign-up for old school gym. $9.99
>gunnagetfitagain.jpeg
>go for 5 out of 6 past days. big bros in there inspire overcoming weakness.
>walk in today. planet fitness banners erewhere.
>walk to front counter. Qt attendant is wearing purple shirt, planet fitness syndicate showed up in force.
>>hey user, there have been some changes to the gym

1. no bench press stations
2. no free weights over 60 lbs
3. tootsie candies occupy a massive jar previously reserved for refreshing breath mints.

>notphased.jpeg, I did chest yesterday.
>ok qt attendant, im going to quit the gym after my membership ends
>go do back workout. all big dicks and qts are gone
>do back. have a gud workout
>cantwaittousethesauna.jpeg
>walk into sauna. cool as a graveyard.
>try to fix by fucking with switches.
>go to front desk
>>hey can one of you turn on the sauna?
>purple bull-dike appears
>>actually user, because we are now planet fitness we will be removing the sauna from the men's locker room
>>why
>>because we are planet fitness

Who is behind this.The sauna is 90% of the reason I justified signing up. How is a sauna deemed "too judgmental" its literally a place for fatties and fitbros to come together and stare at the ground while sweating.

inb4 "jews"

Should I return tomorrow and deadlift-grunt my way to a permaban

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

buy a rack and lift at home

Fuck planet fatness. I literally cannot deal with their bullshit gimmicks. It just pisses me off too much. Particularly the "no barbells over 60lbs" bullshit. FUCK THAT SHIT.

When I'm doing my OHP, I'm not going to be fucking limited by 60 goddamn pounds.

Slow down your reps & wear a sauna suit?

gyms are for faggots who need to look at others and be looked at.

out outside and lift some fucking cars and chop down some trees like a real man

Apparently they install "grunt sirens"? can you confirm?

I like where your heads at user, but I don't want to support "not a gym" b.s.

>leaf
>provides swell advice

+1 to Canada

>grunt sirens

This is true, they call it the lunk alarm or something

flag checks out
no gyms in hoholistan?

die jew

Yes. They're called "Lunk Alarms", and it's extremely easy to set it off. If you make any kind of audible grunt of effort beyond slightly blowing air through your nose or if you don't set down the weights as gently as a feather.

Fuck the whole planet fitness model. Apparently if you dress like you work out seriously too, as in lots of skin showing, they will kick you out for "making their other customers feel uncomfortable".

Planet fitness and the rest are fucking cancer. Full of nu-males and literal fags, no sense of gym etiquette, girls running around with phones, just kill me.

>Lunk Alarms
holy fuck i though it was a joke
youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4

>Yes. They're called "Lunk Alarms", and it's extremely easy to set it off. If you make any kind of audible grunt of effort beyond slightly blowing air through your nose or if you don't set down the weights as gently as a feather.
I've never heard of this. If you got to failure on incline bench with with 110s and drop it, a fucking alarm goes off? What do they do, throw you out?

luls. well I bought the membership to the original gym roughly a week ago. They refused to let me get a refund, so i'm technically entitled to stay there for a few weeks (month to month membership). Should I continue attending and fuck around with the staff?

stop going there then. free market will fix it

I remember it being there but never saw it go off

top kek

Greedy fucks that try to lure in normies. Since I'm European I can't relate the planet fitness stuff, but you're either exaggerating the story or you need to switch gyms already and not be a fag about it.

A local gym near me literally changed to one of those major chains, everybody serious stopped going there and after two years it changed back to a local non-franchise gym.

See, in a real gym overt douche bags like that would get starred down. If they did it again, somebody would scream to shut the fuck up and quit the act.

Hallo salo

They can and do sometimes. They'll give you a few warnings first, but publicly shame your first with the alarm. I thank God everyday I have a kick ass gym to go to that has all the weights I need and no interference.

>chop down some trees
Enjoy your tendinitis, arthritis and bone fractures

Planet Fitness is a fine gym for people who aren't serious about working out . Just go to another gym
I switched out and went to LA Fitness. The only thing is that Planet Fitness had a good locker room scene

>but you're either exaggerating the story or you need to switch gyms already and not be a fag about it.

Not exaggerating, but I do not plan on not renewing membership. The gym is currently being converted. Thought yall would enjoy the story

>LA Fitness
you're still a cuckold. If their aren't used IM pins and empty deca and primo bottles in the parking lot, it's not a real gym.

Screw Planet Fatness
It's a way for obese piles of dog shit to dump a monthly fee to feel like they're actually doing something so they have an excuse to not take fitness seriously just so they can continue shamelessly shoving jelly rolls in between their crooked yellow teeth
"I have a gym membership, so it's ok!"

>be me

>it's fucking real

I can confirm this as well.
>Be me.
>Friend is Planet Fitness.
>Hey, you should come with me today, and try it out.
>I do so.
>Decide to go do some normal ass exercises.
>Lift a weight and grunt.
>The very first time I do it that stupid fucking alarm goes off and some fucking blue haired dyke points her finger at me.
LUNK ALERT!
>What?
>Surrounded by fat bitches and a few beta male cuckwagons.
>Instantly start trying to fucking shame me for body shaming them.
>Friend asks what the problem is.
WE GOT OURSELVES A GRUNTING ALPHA MALE WOOOOOO.
>Friend just looks at them.
He was in a car accident, he was prolly just grunting cause it hurts, I'm trying to get him in shape again to help with his chronic pain.
>Fat bitch actually begins instigating a fight with me after she finds out I'm damaged goods "easy to push around."
>Realize I am still holding the stupid weights, just drop them and start walking off.
>Fat dyke begins dancing around screaming I assaulted her.
>Apparently she was to close and the weight smashed her foot.
>Have to deal with this for months in court until its thrown out.
Surveillance footage showed it didn't hit her foot, she just pretended.

Just buy your own home rack, or better yet, go find a mom pop gym with an old boxing instructor, learn to fight while being fit.

>Locker room scene.

What does this even mean? Locker rooms are for changing clothes and possibly showering in. Are you hooking up with dudes at the gym?

Be the loudest, highest test faggot you can be on your last day. Grunt like it's the last rep of your life, every rep. Sprint on the treadmills. Do bodyweight excercises with as few clothes as you can get away with in front of as many people as you can. Admire yourself in the mirror (if PF took out the mirrors, bring your own). When they finally drag your ass out, point out the fattest person in the room and tell him to save some pizza for the rest of the gym, otherwise the other people might make even him look good.

The more people in the gym when you do this, the better. Fragile fatties that go to PF avoid places where something made them feel bad, even if it was just one insane faggot yelling at them to do more crunches and less munches. Membership will plummet.

Greentext stories don't have to be from your own perspective, pic related.

I just started going to gym and only a planet fitness is near me. Theres about 30 treadmills and only 2 benches and 1 cable fly machine.
Wtfh? Its a damn joke.

>this
Planet fitness is for fat fucks

>Be me
>Live in small town
>No dykes, no feminist, no bullshit
>Free gym. Anyone can contribute bringing more weights and stuff for everybody to use
>Feelsgoodmang

thats bullshit but i believe it

>its literally a place for fatties and fitbros to come together and stare at the ground while sweating.

saunas are great

Also, to really follow this up, the alarms are loud as a motherfucker and the machinery sometimes sets them off, according to a friend, the siren went off one day and it caused somebody to go into a seizure induced by the sirens noise triggering something in their head.

So hey, want some free money?
Just go have a fucking seizure due to the alarm.

the policies of planet fatness are to create e revolving door clientele consisting of people who see fitness as a passing fad, or fat people that looking to `lose a couple pounds and get in shape.`

They make money off the fact that most of their customers will use the gym for a minimum amount of their membership then get bored, or frustrated

Yeah, man. To hell with that fancy-ass equipment.

>LA Fitness
Previous LAF sales rep here, you're an idiot. The entire gym is just a giant money sink where they try to squeeze you for all you're worth. Try to go ask people what they paid on startup and what they pay per month. The prices change all the time and there's some people who will have just paid more to get the same monthly price as someone else, just because they didn't sign up at the right time (or worse, they just didn't hold off buying until the sales guy dropped price).
There's too much fucked up shit about their business practices to go into one post, you can ask me more if you want.

This is true. Happened to me, even. Then I started going to an actual gym and started gettin /fit/. But then I stopped for reasons unnecessary to this thread. But I started up again almost 6 months ago now and I feel fucking great.

Fuck planet fatness and their grubby shekel grubbing jew scheme.

There's no way this is real

My gym is financed by the government

It has none of this planet fitness bullshit and I'm praying it stays that way.

>just changing clothes in locker room
Why not just work out at home then?

I think they were doing it on purpose to set off the alarm bro. At least I hope so.

sure thing reddit

This is bait

It's actually a nice place, for woman. I get my cardio and light weights in and can honestly say never been attracted to any of the guys in there. Even the colors should tell you it's for woman and betas. Bad thing is it does harm business for real gyms. I hate giving them money but I was left with no choice. My old gym, the neighborhood was becoming a ghetto. Wasn't safe for me to go late at night alone anymore.

The sign of a good gym used to be a cigarette machine. Happy days.

I go to a planet fitness in missouri and theres none of that shit, lots of machines, no alarms or any of that shit. everyone minds there own business.

As someone just starting to go to the gym I prefer this scene, I dont want to see a bunch of roided up dudes grunting and shit, that sounds kind of homo erotic. I just want to build some muscle and go about my day

Fag.

Planet fitness: All planets, no fitness

londn

you spend your days listening to the sound of climaxing men and you call me a fag?

arborist here, can confirm.

3/10 would not arbor again.

Continue

>I dont want to see a bunch of roided up dudes grunting and shit
People don't do that. People who do are told to knock that shit off, since other people in the gym won't be beta. Besides, if you can mind your own business at PF you can mind your own business elsewhere.

>I just want to build some muscle
Free weights and squat racks build statistically 50% more muscle due to having to control the weight more than with a machine. Cardio kills your gains.

Literally the only reason to go to PF is that you don't have the money to start up at a different gym. Any other reason is just their sales talk.

>be me
>fit throughout college and high school, familiar with house of gains... but sacrifice fitness while pursuing J.D./Bar Exam
>surrounded by nu-males and betas in law skewl. Become slave to sad fag culture - ashamed of powerlevel - use Sup Forums as coping mechanism.
>gain 20lbs in three years but tall so don't look too fat
>go home while waiting for results of bar exam
>see hometown redpill brethren. They reinforce positive mentality.
>sign-up for old school gym. $9.99
>gunnagetfitagain.jpeg
Are you literally me?

however
>using the sauna
what are you? some kind of faggot?
Just do Cardio or you're gonna end up like Zyzz.

If you went to a proper gym you'd find people mind their own business, they don't bother you if you don't bother them. If you want to build muscle you should be doing free weights anyway, go and lurk /fit/ for a while and read the sticky.

Sorry your spot for anonymous gay sex was ruined OP

>Not doing cardio
Enjoy not being able to run a metre.

Ah, Planet Fitness.
Most people don't realize the thought process that went into their policy and just how Jewy it is.

They discourage heavy lifting because it lowers their legal liability and insurance costs. They want to cultivate an atmosphere to be appealing to lazy people who want to improve their health, but ultimately never achieve that goal, though they want to keep these people as members for as long as possible. A lot of gyms get a huge influx of new members at the start of the new year, but that quickly falls off. Planet Fitness keeps more new members by making the lazy fat pieces of shit feel more welcome when they show up once every two months to ride an exercise bike for 15 minutes.
This is what peak Jewish market practices look like. They sell the brand of fitness while doing everything possible to discourage fitness.

fuck.
this makes sense.
Sup Forums is always right.

>sales reps are taught psychological cornering techniques
The boss I had would hound us on 5 objections that people generally have: Money, Desire, Spouse, Time, and Today.
Money was whether or not they could afford it. We were taught to make it seem like dropping $200 on a membership should be easy and we should subtly make them feel bad if they don't have it.
Desire was whether or not they wanted it enough. If people didn't want to sign up right away, we were supposed to imply that they just didn't want to get healthy, and that they should think about how much they want to feel better about themselves.
Spouse was obviously for people who would say "Let me ask my husband/wife" as a deflection to get out of the place. We were told to make them call their spouse on the spot, or tell them that it's a health decision and their spouse couldn't be mad about that.
Time was about how much time in the day was put toward going to the gym, so we were supposed to make it sound like you could pop in for a 20 minute workout 3 times a week and get any results you wanted.
And finally Today was for people who wanted to go home and think about it. We were supposed to NEVER let someone go home and think about it, and we used the constantly changing prices and "discounts" (that always existed even if you came back later) as incentive.

Not to mention that we wouldn't let ANYONE see prices until we took a bunch of personal information and spent time touring them around the gym and talking to them to pick out things we could nag them on (for example, if they had kids we were supposed to tell talk about how they'd live longer and could be a better influence on their kid). The kind of shit you could get away with say to someone's face after just 15 minutes of acting like a friend amazes me to this day.

I didn't say that you should never do cardio, but cardio is like 60% of PF machines and you just won't build muscle if you spend your day running on a treadmill.
On that tangent, treadmills build even less muscle than simply running outside due to how much less you're actually pushing to propel yourself.

haha if we are similar then I wish you luck with your quest to better your post-JD self.

My sauna usage is more related to my recent decision to quit smoking cigarettes/creating a reward incentive for lifting. I do plenty of cardio (always been a good runner - even with the additional weight I can run a sub 6:15 mile ), but hate lifting - always have.

Planet fitness, where you can work out and then immediately hit the bacon/ bagel bar.

>sales reps
3 8s?

>Not to mention that we wouldn't let ANYONE see prices until we took a bunch of personal information and spent time touring them around the gym and talking to them to pick out things we could nag them on (for example, if they had kids we were supposed to tell talk about how they'd live longer and could be a better influence on their kid). The kind of shit you could get away with say to someone's face after just 15 minutes of acting like a friend amazes me to this day.
kek, manipulative bastards

Yep, PF is marketing off a stereotype than a reality of gyms and thus promoting that stereotype.
I've never heard anyone make comments about a fatty at the gym.
You usually have at least one douche that grunts too loud and drops weights on purpose and that guy does get mocked.

OH HEY I forgot, we also were supposed to get names and phone numbers of any friends/family/co-workers/neighbors/what-have-you that anyone - and I mean ANYONE - who stepped foot in the gym might have. If successful, we then called these people (who may have never even heard of us, and certainly didn't initiate contact with us) and offered them a "free pass" for X amount of days (technically it was a 2 week pass for friends of members and a 5 day pass for anyone who went through the website, but the bossman said we should keep it to 3 max if no one asked about those specific options). When the person came in we did the good ol' sales pitch all over again, and if they refused to listen we just invalidated their pass. Then we pressured them to buy before they got to work out, and if they still said they just wanted to use the free pass we called them over and over again until they either signed up or told us to fuck off and never call back.

yes. Tirgger as many cunts as possible

>go to Planet Fitness
>full of fags trying to hook up with each other
>leave

and that's why I don't go to Planet Fitness anymore

planning on it senpai

Is L.A. fitness any better or is it just as bad as planet tumblr?

Truly redpilled. I lift and do small chores around the house in between sets instead of waste 1.5 hours at gym doing nothing

Already passed the Bar and working at a local law firm in my comfy rural town. life is good, just trying to also get into good shape. in decent shape already, but I want to be a walking deity.
>I do plenty of cardio (always been a good runner - even with the additional weight I can run a sub 6:15 mile
I can already tell you're gonna make it, brah, with that kind of dedication. Cardio has always been my problem.
get a lifting buddy to go with you, makes going to the gym a lot more palatable when you have someone to shoot the shit with between sets.

>recent decision to quit smoking cigarettes
great job, dude. Be a fucking Ubermensh, unbeholden to any addiction.

We can all make it.

>sure thing reddit
dunno Netherlands, not that you would know but that type of thing is definitely known to happen in the US

LA is a way better gym as far as equipment and member base goes, but that's a low fucking bar when we're talking about PF. Somehow manages to be worse with the price gouging and jewry, though. Personally I'd pick LA over PF if they were my only two choices, but I'd check prices and equipment of everything close by before deciding if I were you. Most other gyms will get you what you need for less, without all the shit that you'll never use anyway (group fitness classes, pool, basketball court, etc).

PF is designed as the gym for the non-gym goer.
They discourage active users. Just like to collect
subscription money from tons of people who never
go.

You trying to write a fucking poem or something?

From my experience it's more of a public shaming thing to preserve the safe space for fatties that get intimidated by meat heads.

They do it so everyone looks at you and judges you. They may warn you if it's excessive but I've never seen it escalate.

I didn't go there long. They don't have proper curling racks just smith machines. It's cheap though.

>Be me
>Work for government
>On armybase
>Free access to all lifting facilities

Lifes good, i'm still sucking at getting stronger i'm too inconsistent

Bought my first shitty equipment twelve years ago. Upgraded over time. Happiest financial decision I ever made. My squat bar means more to me than my bachelor's.

gtfo reddit

is this fag code?

Top kek thread!
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Grunt Sirens!!!!!!!

Your Fkn kidding me?!?!!!!'?

So guys wont be able to blow out their nutsac anymore?

I have to now go into a P Fitness place and have it demonstrated.
So ATP women tennis players are not allowed in Pea Nut Fitness?

Congrats on the gig - the most difficult part of school is getting a job. In the process nabbing a local gig. Worked big law last summer at a cutthroat firm. Started talking to "little firm" guy who rake in more cash with less pageantry.

Good luck with the local firm and your career!

its pretty easy to build a functioning sauna if you have a yard

Wear Pump for Trump/Donal Pump/Make America Swole Again stuff and a MAGA hat.

Threaten legal action against them for discriminating against your political affiliations if they make any noises.