LOTGH general

AOTY since 1988

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese
youtube.com/watch?v=SAW-8eiS7I4
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=770)
books.google.com/books?id=csOcAwAAQBAJ&pg=PT93&lpg=PT93&dq=aetius boniface galla&source=bl&ots=8luLAgFY7W&sig=SMHkez3Wzavil9RqIXGNs3J-1l8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6-ZPCzbLNAhXLJx4KHcwdAQoQ6AEILDAC#v=onepage&q=aetius boniface galla&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oberstein did nothing wrong

you wanna fucking go robo eye?

hey man i'll let other people nuke your home

My black fleet will fuck you up you know. nuke me all you want i always win

Pic related is what Oberstein did wrong.

neither did reuental

Wasn't even the best anime of its own year.

Reuental had two goals, to challenge the Kaiser and at least clean house, sadly only thing he achieved was killing Job.

post yfw Reuntal died because some retard wanted to fight for promotions.

Not to be an idiot but in that situation I can't remember anyone fighting specifically for promotions that time. More usurping control and Oberstein just being his autistic self.

I don't think it was the best anime of any of the years it was airing actually.

I was rolling my eyes when Reuntal shot Job. It was when i realize the author was biased for autocracy

Reuenthal was a traitorus swine

a man who follows his ambitions is no traitor but a worthy opponent for the kaiser

It wasn't obvious with the "Degeneracy of a stagnant government" and pictures of fatass strippers in that documentary episode?

Honestly, in this instance I just seen as Reuental's absolute revulsion at Job and since he already rebelled he could at least kill him without it affecting the Kaiser's reputation as if he had done it while serving him.

He was right, but problem is his ignorance of the social mores of the society he is in, while they are overblown, make him look legit autistic, that and he likes animals more than people.

M8, he was legit in no joking manner to step up to the plate when he felt he could, as is the nature of autocracy.

The only person who wouldn't have shot Job when they had nothing left to lose would be Yang.

His criticisms of Republicanism were very fair, but he sidesteps the pitfalls of Autocracy with Reuenthal's rebellion being romanticized as fuck. Him shooting Job is the author saying "autocracy dindu nuttin!"

>Oberstein being right
Using such an underhanded method will definitely drum up support for Yang and his ideology throughout the galaxy, especially if Yang yields and becomes a martyr. Or worse Kaiser's army losing faith in their king. Make no mistake, Reinhard's romantic posturing may cost a lot of lives, but he unities his bickering admirals in a way no one can.

Who here not sure if hype for the reboot

Not sure if hype for reboot.

Very hype for novel translations though.

Hype for more LoGH but fearing the worst as always. ALWAYS fear the worst.

the manga tho....

I will love it if they fix the retarded terraist plot and make reuntals rebellion non-forced and stupid

He does in that instance but then there was the decadence, backstabbing, family bound generational punishment.

Admittedly because it is a series where democracy lost it's a bit jarring of views and

>yfw it looks and feels like Golden Wings

I can't comprehend the series looking any different than the existing OVAs. That includes the manga. It'll be weird. I hope they keep the classical soundtrack.

Sweet shit, I hadn't got around to that.

Why is he so perfect?

well to start hes a democratic swine

Probably because he was laxidasical but thoughtful.

A pension thief too.

Yang was Napoleon
Napoleon was perfect

No, Yang learned from Napoleon and knew they'd get starved out of the Empire due to their supply lines running too long.

Yang:1
Napoleon: 0

my nigga.

Yang is the very opposite of Napoleon.

Fuck off

The show goes out of its way to point out that Reinhard's empire is pretty much the absolute best case autocracy, and who knows what kind of shithead could be in charge after him or years down the line. Yang says as much pretty much every time the subject comes up.

>general
Cancer pls go

Reinhard literally copies Napoleon as blatantly as one can during the burning forest escape.

Bittenfeld is literally space cirno.

Jojo has it, and this is much better than jojo

>general

Did you have killed a large number of free planet alliance Admiral ?

Was this an admission of defeat?

>general
I hope all of you fall off a cliff into a body of water filled with spikes and horny dolphins

I'll take the new Frederica at a stretch, but pic related can fuck right off

Hello, Jotaro.

Where did you get this from? It looks fucking terrible.

As far as I know , it is the best of the game .

I thought Reunthal's rebellion was forced and stupid until my internet went out while I was sick and I killed a few hours watching History Channel. There was an episode about a Roman general named Aetius slandering Boniface, the governor of Africa, to Empress-Regent Galla. Aetius told Galla, "Write a letter inviting Boniface to Rome; when he doesn't come, it will prove that he's a shitbag traitor." Boniface got the letter and thought "Aw man they think I'm a shitbag traitor" and teamed up with the Vandals to wreck shit instead of just going to Rome.

That's when I realized that if Reuenthal's rebellion is forced and stupid, then reality is forced and stupid.

Mittermeyer is best boy.

I need to get that game running so I can find out this fucker's name.

マイフォーハー 
maifo-ha-(Literal translation)
中将(Lieutenant general)

Yeah it backfired badly , but he feared he'd get killed en route.

Thanks, that one was driving me nuts. He shows up a few times as a background character during the Battle of Vermilion, but is never actually introduced. There are actually about a dozen other unnamed characters I'm looking at here.

There was never a need for a reboot. Not hype at all and will probably completaly ignore it.

If there is an image , it is also possible to teach the name that it is not .
I Although English is clumsy ...

Out of curiosity, I just googled this and its a bit more complicated than that. Aetius also sent letters to Boniface that he would be getting a letter summoning him, but he shouldn't do it because they were probably going to execute him. But then swerves back into stupid logic when someone told the Empress that Aetius played both her and Boniface, and then she pardoned Boniface, but Boniface was unable to convince the Vandals not to wreck shit so he had to join them anyway.

I'm hype to watch it with Sup Forums and /m/. Because the original will always exist and be excellent, I hope that the reboot will either be spectacularly good, Exodus-style, or entertainingly terrible, Valvrave-style. The only things that will disappoint me are middle-of-the-road mediocrity or Tytania-style unwatchable dullness.

I'm a little concerned that -- well, okay, you know how The Giver is the forerunner of YA shittier dystopian novels like Hunger Games, Uglies, Divergent, Maze Runner, etc.? LOGH is the forerunner of shittier shows like Geass and Aldnoah. When it was time to make The Giver into a movie, it had to be jazzed up to the standards of its shittier but more bombastic descendants. It was an action-packed but soul-less copy of its own copies. I don't want Reinhard to pick up traits from Lelouch or Yang to pick up traits from Inaho.

Watching LotGH stopped me watching a lot of anime realizing that anime was not what I once liked about it anyway.

It hit me pretty hard that what Miyazaki said had some truth, they've lost the ability to write human beings. Yang Wenli will be a Jesus Christ type figure, with Reinhard being shown as nasty.

These are the ones I can't identify for certain. The bottom row isn't so important, because I think they may be exclusive to the game.

よろしく おねがいします

Who had the best look and why was it the FPA?

Pretty sure he's in the new DMM game too

The FPA ships looked kinda thrown-together, but they definitely don't look bad. The empire definitely has better style, with sleek-ass ships and those metal/metallic collars

These ship names tho. I can't even go "FUCK YEAH KRUNTEN" because Central Anime got it wrong (Kärnten).

I always thought Reuenthal was more likely to rebel than Oberstein was. It never seemed like Oberstein's goal to me.

Oberstein just wanted to be a Kaiser's lapdog. Didn't even care which one as long as he liked their scent.

Bittenfeld is adorable.

sorry to kept you waiting.

1.シャウディン(shawdhin)
2.ノルドハイム(norudohaimu)
3.グリューネマン(guryu-neman)
4.セルベル(seruberu)
5.ディートリッヒ・ザウケン(dhi-torihhi・zaugen)
6.グローテヴォール(guro-tevo-ru)
7.ハウフ(hauhu)
8.シュムーデ(syumu-de)
9.シュラー(syura-)
10.ルビッチ(rubitti)
11.レムラー(remura-)
12.シュトラウス(syutorausu)
13.コーネフ(ko-nehu)※iwan ko-nehu(Different person)

-----(Probably Gmae only)-----
14.同盟軍オペレーターA(Alliance operator A)
15.同盟軍オペレーターB(Alliance operator B)
16.帝国軍オペレーターA(Empire operator A)
17.帝国軍オペレーターB(Empire operator B)

Correct spelling does not know .
()=Romanization of Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese
(Romaji)

Supplemental

統率=Leadership
運営=Organizational operation
機動=Maneuver warfare
情報=Information
攻撃=Offensive power
防御=Defense power
陸戦=Land Battle Power
空戦=Air Combat Power

Nuance…
Please to guess.

Super Legend of the Galactic Heroes war

youtube.com/watch?v=SAW-8eiS7I4

When a nostalgic feel to this video clip .

Thanks again for your work.
Including "Meivoher / マイフォーハー" from earlier, the list is almost complete. Here's what I managed to find out:

1. Schaudinn
2. Nordheim
3. Grünemann (I thought this was someone else, now I don't know who - see pic)
4. Selbel
5. Dietrich Saucken
6. Grotewohl
7. Hauff
8. Schmude
9. Schrer
10. Lubitsch (I'm not sure about this one)
11. Lemmler
12. Strauss
13. Konev (anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=770)

Oh, yeah, I'll accept that I couldn't remember it perfectly. Here's a write-up: books.google.com/books?id=csOcAwAAQBAJ&pg=PT93&lpg=PT93&dq=aetius boniface galla&source=bl&ots=8luLAgFY7W&sig=SMHkez3Wzavil9RqIXGNs3J-1l8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6-ZPCzbLNAhXLJx4KHcwdAQoQ6AEILDAC#v=onepage&q=aetius boniface galla&f=false

It's not a perfect match, but "They're accusing me of being a traitor? Well, might as well rebel" stuck out at me.

I am glad if that was helpful to you.
Correct spelling Thank you .

Don't you think it's interesting that this show has many things we could talk about, but LoGH threads are VERY repetitive?
We post the same memes, the same images, and it's usually dead soon. We just circlejeark about it and that's it.
I'm aware the anime is so old and it's been discussed to death so there are legitimate reasons.
Sorry for the rant, my post also has no contribution to the thread whatsoever.
Here's a cute pic to compensate for it.

>LOGH is the forerunner of ... shows like Geass and Aldnoah

They don't have enough in common for that argument to work.

Reinhard and Lelouch already share traits due to their belonging to the same much older archetype, so that wouldn't be take much effort at all. Then again, Inaho and Yang aren't even comparable, so that's a huge stretch. Though I will say that Yang himself was used to create Tylor and at least a couple of videogame characters over the years.