Oh, well this was ok, i guess

Oh, well this was ok, i guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2D9iZfedoiY
youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

10/10 film.
Kon's magnum opus.

Maybe i expected too much? I didn't really get much out of it by the end. I'd give it an 8/10, although it does have great cinematography. What makes it a 10/10?

>landwhale running in the reflection
destroyed

It's very layered user. The symbolism, the story aspects about life of celebrity, the ambiguity of the story, you can analyze it for very long period. On technical level it's a masterpiece with shot composition, use of colors, soundtrack and editing. It's a very dense piece. There are so many scenes which made me feel genuinely uneasy, specifically the rape scene. I just wanted it to be over so badly.

Did someone say Paprika? Because I think I heard somebody say Paprika.

I really liked it when i watched it last year. Also gave me unexpected fap material lol. 8/10

Mfw i wanted the rape scene to last forever. Also is it sick that i wanted the stalker to actually rape her not almost rape her. When she fought him of i was kind of dissapionted

Yeah, there's something wrong with you. But that's ok user, because this is Sup Forums.

Seems like the strenuous life of pursuing fame was the strongest theme, but i guess it felt pretty weak to me. I didn't think remi was that strong of a character at all for her to end up being the big twist at the end.

Oh it's definitely a criticism of that entire idol culture in Japan.
But, I think the bigger theme was the battle between reality and delusions, whether it was in Mima's own mind, or in real life.

I love how Perfect Blue manages to keep the plot separated between two potential conclusions and never quite lets you know which one actually happened. i.e. was that scene in the film, or was that scene in the film inside the film?

The only other time I've seen that done so well was in the film Shutter Island, or pic related.

Yeah that shit was sick.
Kon was really good at doing those cutaway scenes to make even the viewer think they're going crazy.

user I've seen a lot of fucked up shit in my entertainment and it me feel way too uneasy. Maybe because of the atmosphere Kon created around it, his use of Hitchcockian like music was superb.
This user has it right. One of recurring themes in Kon's films are blurring the line between dream and reality and psychoanalysis.
Also 2 videos you could check out.
youtube.com/watch?v=2D9iZfedoiY
youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
Also if you want to see great characters in a Kon film, check out Tokyo Godfathers. It's another masterpiece and a very heartwarming and much more grounded piece.

>i.e. was that scene in the film, or was that scene in the film inside the film?
This is exactly how I felt watching Millennium Actress. I really don't understand that movie.

It's not surprising that Satoshi Kon liked using that plot device so often. His editing style was perfect for it.

I assumed about 20 minutes in that pretty much everything except the settings were happening in her personal life as well. That and the realisation at the end just making me kind of sad and unfulfilled, the weaker OST compared to Paprika and Perfect Blue, and the lack of tiddies, is probably why it's my least favourite of his movies.

Lain is extremely obvious if you watch it a couple times.
Shutter Island is a waste of time.

>characters look like 3dpd

You got shit taste desu.

The showdown at the end is one of my favourite action scenes ever.
Every swipe felt lethal and yet the action is really subdued.
Compare this to other movies where the action is super over the top and bombastic, yet you don't feel any danger.