Waco: What If? Edition

Simple question: if Waco happened today, what would the public reaction be? Would people passively accept it or would there be rioting in the streets over how the feds handled the situation? Furthermore, what would Trump think of the situation? Would he side with the Davidians or would he condemn them?

The public reaction would be the same as last time. Wait a year, blow up a federal building.

Think it might be a bit more wide spread

You think so? Growing up in the late 80's/early 90's I feel like people still trusted the government enough to leave a reasonable doubt that the fire was not the fed's fault. People have so little trust in the government these days that I think it would piss a lot of people off that an entire compound full of people was burned to the ground for reasons that are questioned even to this day.

Im guessing mainstream news probably wouldnt cover a mansion full of white people burning down. Or if they did, it would be in a positive light.

Probably this

No one would give a fuck because the people inside were whites and an offshoot of christianity.

In fact, some people would celebrate it as a victory over homophobes/christians/white people

Couldn't happen without Janet Reno and Bill C.

in your hypothetical - the Davidians are now a KKK splinter group allied with the Russians

Jesus Christ, I'm laughing but that's sadly too realistic a scenario.......I still think it would be a major story, maybe even more so if it happened while Obama was president and during the most recent "ban assault rifles!" craze.

They were callinf those rancgera in Oregon white al queda. Media also helped the fbi cover up hirong foreign mercenaries to shoot the leader of the ranchers in an ambush setup between the DoJ and FBI.

You would see militias come out overnight.

You would see movements in under a month.

Atf offices would be kaboom
and some gov official noggins wuld gow kaploowww

This isn't the 90's
We have a large vet corp
We have a massively militarized civ
population that should scare the fuck
out of any invading nation if it should arise.

The Government should fear doing bad things.
This is the USA.
The people are this nations
not the abc fucks that think they make up the nation.

they made Weaver into a monster to justify Ruby Ridge

>No one would give a fuck because the people inside were whites and an offshoot of christianity.In fact, some people would celebrate it as a victory over homophobes/christians/white people

So I'm gonna assume you think Trump would speak out in support for them? I actually think he'd prevent it from happening in the first place. So far he hasn't done anything to suggest to me that he'd be ok with a compound full of white Christians dying for no apparent reason.

His entire family and just about all of their friends all got charged with 18 felonies for that too

Civil war. Titor predicted this.

This, FBI does not know how to do police work. The only thing they do all day long is what you see illustrated in that Dwayne Johnson movie about the drug war: using sentencing to "turn" people. Weaver's "crime" was his refusal to get involved in anything illegal or entrap his friends.

There would be crowds on the streets waiting to spit on the burnt corpses of those racist whites

People would cheer for the dead racist white people. Twitter would be aflame with tweets like "Smh, we only killed 20 white people? #whitegenocide"

CNN would talk for weeks about the growing threat of "White Christian Supremacists". Gun laws would be pushed through congress.

Universities would offer therapy for minorities out of fear of a white christian supremacist backlash.

>There would be crowds on the streets waiting to spit on the burnt corpses of those racist whites

Not in Trump's America. I think that he'd put a stop to that real quick, maybe even signaling to militias to show up at any protest where groups were supporting the feds.

>CNN would talk for weeks about the growing threat of "White Christian Supremacists".

Is it sad that I can totally see that happening?

I think the main stream news agencies would handle it something like this desu

Yes. It's a very bad time. Don Lemon would argue that more blacks are killed/year than the dead in Koresh's compound. "Why aren't we talking about that?" he'd say.

Trump would condemn the sad state of affairs with completely neutral language. "It's just terrible what happened here. My hearts go out to all the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy," and the collective liberal circle-jerk news cycle would say, "Why does Trump condemn the Koresh massacre but not the rampant murder of rampant blacks across the nation at the hands of cops?"

"Does Trump support Christian White Nationalists?"

people would gather in the streets to cheer for the police like when they drove around in APCs after the Boston Bombing. Welcome to the police state

>"Does Trump support Christian White Nationalists?"

Honestly, Trump is fucked over by the media no matter what he says. He's loyal to his base and I personally think (hope) that he'd use it as an opportunity to show them what the feds trying to take away the Second Amendment would like.

nobody cared when it happened. a couple of lunatics.

general public gave no shits. it was a thing on the nightly news for a while - then it was over and attention was on to other things.

Its going to happen, ane the left will take arms to the streets with guns calling for trumps head. Remember hearing about those Islamic training camps in upstate new york?