Psycho Pass 2

Did anyone else here prefer series 2 to series 1? I remember when it was first airing everyone complained about 'plot holes' and it got such a bad rep, but then a lot of them were resolved by the end of the series, bad rep still remained though.

Was there an explanation for why some of the Sibyl System brains were purged at the end? They're all meant to be criminally asymptomatic, so is here an explanation or is it just an unresolved plot hole?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/review/psycho-pass-2/bd-dvd-season-2/.100969
twitter.com/AnonBabble

animenewsnetwork.com/review/psycho-pass-2/bd-dvd-season-2/.100969

>I couldn't handle violence
Good review. Was this the same guy that wrote each of the episode reviews when the show originally aired?

It actually amazes me how much some fans of the first series hate on the second series. Don't they have the same shortcomings?

I think it's like saying that no police officer can be judged for his/her actions because they are police officers. Just because the brains are asymptomatic and the ones who enforce the laws doesn't mean that individual brains can't be judged like everyone else if that particular individual has a pattern of acting in a way that the laws don't condone.

But how does that work exactly? Wouldn't they still have a psycho pass below the criminal threshold if they are asymptomatic? Aren't the individual brains asymptomatic, rather than the group as a whole?

Sorry if I'm not understanding you, I haven't watched it since it aired. I just watched a review of the show that brought this point up as a plot hole.

Digibro did a series of videos explaining why S2 is much worse. I haven't watched them yet myself but I'm sure he has good reasoning

I'll give them a look then. It all just seems like people are overreacting though, like seriously - an F?

The BD reviewer is Nick
The one who did the individual episode reviews as the show aired was Hope

It IS a plot hole
S1 stated that only criminally asymptomatic brains are picked for the Sybil System, so if they judged themselves by their own standards they wouldn't have to eliminate any brains

My favorite part of this amazing show is when the villain establishes he's evil in a flashback by literally killing puppies and laughing

S2 has scarier, if not better villain than S1, which a redeeming point for me.

And there's no explanation for it? Thanks, that's what I was interested in. It's a shame considering the actual idea is really good haha.

Too much edge? Should've had a crime coefficient of 666 desu

I take it you mean Kamui? I preferred him to Makishima as well, though I like both.

That psycho guy was pretty shit though. Things just hit the fan far too fast with him, and he didn't have much going for him.

Yeah, Makishima falls as pretty much your regular psychopath stock villains. Dangerously smart, can't feel any remorse, and done. Kamui who you can't even identify and directly threatening the very sistem that control basically everything gave morr a vibe of facing something terrifying when compared to Makishima's plan that also potentially destroy entire nation.

Holy shit man how the fuck did you like S2 over S1 like SERIOUS question do you have one of the virtually infinite mental disabilities????? lmaoing at your life nigga this is the bottomEST gutter trash i've heard all day. kill yourself mate

so how likely is it for them to make a third season?

kogami x akane is best couple

S1
- have Kogami
- best villain character
- urobutcher at his best

S2
- no Kogami
- mediocre villain (or cant surpassed S1 villain)
- Shitty bratty new employee

though S2 explored more on sibyl and other underlying works
S1>S2

Psycho pass season 1 > Shimoseka > psycho pass season 2

>Shitty bratty new employee

season 2 is shit, but Mika is the best girl since lingerie-chan died. She is at the very least not a hypocrite

>S2
>Not IG
>Not Butcher
>Makishima Ded
>No Kougami
>Worst of all Introduce bitch kouhai
Nope

I do. I think both are equally bad, retarded and edgy. But I had high hopes for S1 and was deeply disappointed by how bad it was. With S2 I had zero expectations but in the end it was better than I expected even if it was still bad. So yes, I prefer S2. Both are shit and babby's first "dark and mature" anime.

Asymptomatic brains were ones that the scanners couldn't figure out how to read, so they were plucked out of the system and given roles behind the scenes. The brains then went on to make decisions as a group, even though they were a bunch of individuals who tended to follow the command of one person. The main villain of S2 was essentially the same type of creature as the Sybil System according to how the scanners' logic was set up -- a bunch of individuals that were also as a single creature. When Akane got Sybil to acknowledge that Togane existed and the collective could face judgment for the criminal actions of one part of it, she created precedent for Sybil having to judge itself as well. Sybil decided that rather than pizza-ing itself, it would just get rid of the problem parts that were pulling the others off course, like how Togane was one brain that was influencing everyone else in the body to go along with his criminal actions. And since Sybil doesn't have a body, it's easy for it to track down the problem sources and fry those specific asymptomatic brains.

>Psycho Pass
>2011
>Babby's first "dark and mature" anime.
What are you? millennials? newfag?

>Did anyone else here prefer series 2 to series 1
No.