What are the benefits / drawbacks to working in a Fortune 100 company?

What are the benefits / drawbacks to working in a Fortune 100 company?

I have the opportunity to work for one, but due to the way the offer is structured, my signing bonus vests over 2 years. Pay is good, getting a raise, benefits good, blah blah blah.

Also requires me to move.

Should I do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleeblu.com/blogs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I work at one of the largest companies on the planet

Benefits is you don't have to work that hard compared to a small company and the pay can be a lot better

Drawbacks is that the only way to get anything done/advance is be good at office politics. It truly does not matter how good of a job you do.

Do it u fag.

Not gonna lie, that chick is weird looking.

I'm actually bretty good at office politics, getting better every day.

What I am scared of is going, not liking it, and sticking around in misery for the money. But isn't that how work goes most of the time?

fucking kek.
Welcome to the corporate world.
Do your job and fuck your feelings.
Profit.

Totally agree with first post. Go along and get along. The problem is, the upper basement has no idea what's going on in the lower echelons where most of the actual work is being done. So good people get fired for budgetary reasons and no one knows what they did until they're gone. In my opinion, big corporations are going to die. Die by their own incompetence.

I hate autocorrect. Not basement, management.

>I have the opportunity to
I stopped reading right there fuck Jesus I throw pig vomit at him

Negotiate. No way a sign on should best over two years. Two year vesting is for equity and performance cash.

If you haven't negotiated them up, do it. Corporations always start the offer low and it's your job to bid it up.

*Vest

yes

An offer has been extended, leaf.

A benefit is that you get a personal diaper girl that will gladly suck your cock while she helplessly shits herself.

Can you post a link to a list of F100 companies, I'm not sure if I work for one or not.

Do it for at least two years so you can put it on your resume.

I felt like that when I was working for a major investment bank. At first I tried to do something, then I realize nobody gives a shit. Then I started playing politics, got a promotion. But it was boring as hell. Now I thank god for big corporations. They are so fucking stupid, you should take advantage of them. I monetize what I know about the big business by trading against their stupidity. The only problem now that I see is these corporations are ruining the world I live in, and at some point my money will become cut up pieces of paper. Other than that would you rather have those monsters smart or stupid? If they get smart, you will live in constant fear of them. It's better they are dumb as rocks.

Do it, stay for 3 years, and move on. Aim small, miss small.

You'll find that moving to smaller and smaller companies offers the benefit of learning shit you didn't know before (actually becoming knowledgeable in the art of business before perfecting your craft) versus "focusing on your major".

Once you've learned how to Jew your competition, taking over a company from someone else becomes cake.

>t. Someone that started with small companies and worked their way up to the largest enterprise in the USA.

Wish I'd had the opportunity to get some focused college in before deciding to "wing it" without a degree.

bleeblu.com/blogs/

indeed

I work for a company you have probably heard of. When I started I thought to myself "I could go soft in this environment" because it isn't super stressful. In some ways I have gone soft, but within my team we set high standards for ourselves. The best thing about my current gig is I don't have to answer to any women. I like them and all, but they always fuck up the work place with some kind of gender issue or sensitivity bullshit that is a non-issue and never needs to be brought up. I've been head-hunted by other big companies, but when I hear what I call "creaky bitch voice" form the dude describing the position I know I would go crazy working with a bunch of hipsters and haven't found anything to make me leave. Its been more than two years, I keep learning small things at my current gig so I stay. I can't bear the thought of working harder so I can't see leaving. Obamacare has us all trapped too and I'm afraid to leave my cheap healthcare. Oh, I don't think I would move anywhere in the US for a job. I hate where I live, but my family is here and my friends live 1 hour away for weekend fun.