Why do people praise gainax?

Why do people praise gainax?

Because they're free to do so

Because they made a number of good anime.

I am the 00.01%.

00.01% reporting in.

You mean one?

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

I remember this thread on /m/

lurk moar

Keit Ai?

>saw an import copy of WoH on DVD used for $85 but thought it was too much
>reconsidered since I love the movie and only have it on VHS and went back to the store the next weekend
>MFW it was gone by the time I returned

I still stop by every other weekend hoping whoever bought it will sell it back.

there are things I want to say about your taste, but it will only cause a meaningless argument

Nice opinion you've got there, my friend. Unfortunately, I disagree with you and think you're as intelligent as a moss-covered stone.

What does Kimi no Na Wa have to do with Gainax fucktard?

Shinkai's new film looks to be his best and yet it'll only be remembered for shitty memeposting. That's really sad.

Looks too much like a Kyoani production.

How? I don't see it.

Mostly nostalgi/a/

Admittedly this is rather shallow and subjective but, the art style; especially character designs is changed compared to Garden/5 cm, then there's the more subjective feelings but the way the characters talk and move with energertic "forced animation" is something done a lot in Kyoani productions. I generally got the feeling of a lighthearted romcom compared ala Kyoani compared to his other works and I'm afraid that it'll be another Children who chase lost voices.

>"forced animation"

Maybe it'll finally get some real recognition when subs come out

I realise it's retarded and was more an attempt at referencing that specific style, it's far from bad and is especially useful for showing character through animation but, it's something often done by Kyoani and so using the same style is where I start seeing similarities.

It's a retarded term*

Okay, I understand what you mean now. The difference you're noticing is Shinkai actually working with really skilled animators this time, specifically Masayoshi Tanaka and Masashi Ando, the character designer and animation director for Kimi no Na wa, respectively.

Good point, I've always found the actual animation to be nothing noticeable while the art was great. I'm probably just being pessimistic.