Yeah, this show is good and all

Yeah, this show is good and all...

HOWEVER

Terraists are bad and the reuntals rebellion is stupid and forced

Why is this show so quotable?

The Cult of Terra isn't overly cartoonish or unrealistic when you consider that they have a real world analogue in the Islamic State. Reuenthal's rebellion was foreshadowed since at least 1/3rd of the way into the story and makes sense given the personalities of Reuenthal and Reinhard. Is it really that much of a surprise that a man with such pronounced self-destructive tendencies would end up destroying himself, regardless of his great talent?

I teach a class on animating. Their first homework assignment is watching LoGH and make sure to do the opposite

How's the official translation of the LN?

The "tactics" and "strategies" are retarded and insult the viewer's intelligence

The direction is poor at a lot of points, and they throw random inappropriate classical musics during the battles at season4 which made the battles feel like a sylvester and tweety episode

because it's a meme show

Reuenthal's rebellion is great, Terraists are super boring though.

The opponents of the "heroes" are so freaking weak which made it easy for the "heroes" to triumph, life is more challenging than that
>realistic show
top kek

Bretty good, although the prose is as you'd expect from a Japanese to English translation.

The anime doesn't really deviate from the book that much (much of the time it's word-for-word the same). It's much more condensed than the anime though, the capture of Iserlohn and Jessica's run-in with the PKC were clearly extended a fair bit.

Other than that the only thing that really stuck out to me in terms of differences is that Attenborough doesn't appear in the novels alongside Yang from the beginning.

>reuntals rebellion is stupid and forced
It's amazing how this one plot point shows who understands the culture upon which their society was based and who has modernist ideals instead.

I wanted to like this show but the retarded war tactics threw me off

Same to be honest

Sup Forums sempai. You're drunk.

Reuental's child will succeed in rebelling.

Fascinating statement. Care to explain.

Dubs

The ancient sense of fate which drove Reunthal is both fatalistic and deterministic. His nature as a warrior set him up to try to put himself on top, to fight against the strongest enemy he could find, but the decision to live up to that nature was always his. In a sense, he was born with the responsibility to rebel, thus why he allowed himself to be swept into that role. It was something that logic would dictate that he simply remain as he was, but choosing the other option is the noble path because it is true to his destiny. That sort of cosmic duty is the centerpiece of the civilization-founding religions (Egyptian, Vedic, Chinese; as well as the Indo-European groups which influenced them). Only after the influence of Semitic ideologies does this sort of thing disappear from European idealism in favor of the sort of ideals of liberty and self-interest which cast Reunthal's actions as stupid and forced. He explained all of it quite clearly, but most people nowadays are too completely corrupted to understand it.

>HOWEVER
It neglected the best general

How do you fuck up facial hair this bad?

>tfw Silverbeche died before he could establish a Technocracy and make the political undertones of the plot less bland

Well articulated.

>"This guy looks like he's going to be important later."
>Dies in an explosion that same episode.

Bitten in every feld

Terraists make a lot more sense historically

I really like it but sometimes it gets hung up on short history lessons. Like oh this episode is about the effect that an intense war has on infrastructure even at the heart of civilization even very far away from the front lines. Cool, but I feel the tone is little too didactic at times. I don't mind but I think it could have been massaged into the story more.

I think the battles should have been more complex. They could have been but it's just dumbed down pretty significantly and don't really add much. Instead of having three large groups sliding around there should have been at least dozens like any real life battle would have.

The imperial court should have been better at playing court politics against Reinhard. His main enemy inside the Empire, the guy with short red hair, for some reason becomes retarded later on and the civil war should have tested Reinhard's ability more in addition to just his occupying his armies.

>not understanding the power of the semi-circle
Top pleb

anyone have the picture explaining the glory of the semi-circle?

I want this Sup Forums meme to die.

Just like in real life

Fuck terrorism

Watching "Dishonor," how many gaidens are there anyway?

So Reuental just rebelled because MUH WARRIOR PRIDE and not because it made sense to do so

Got you covered user

Still better than MUH SISTER or MUH DEMOCRACY

I think the main reason people dislike the terraists us because they are not that interesting, just like IS isn't that interesting, especually comoared to the conflict between the characters in the main factions.

That said, the idea of a cult centered around the mostly forgotten motherworld was neat.

But it does make sense, just not to modernist faggots.

The strategy level is interesting but in battle you have to really think about it as a far older way of warfare translated to space and it doesn't always work out

I personally always just imagined it similar to Napoleonic warfare with large volley of ships to cause the most damage, as opposed to small unit tactics

I think that's exactly what the author wanted and like it (just like how in Dune includes ancient customs, honour duels etc). But I can understand if some find it hard to swallow.

>HOWEVER
Fuck off Dumbledore

The Alliance would have worked better if it was MUH DEMOCRACY instead of the whole series of the most idiotic political and military actions ever.

Pride was everything to him and he was left with the choice to go back, grovel and be reduced from the height he was at or bet his life on a (very low chance but still present) shot at being the literal most powerful man in the universe.

Plus loyal as he was to Reinhardt, he really did want to take a crack at the whole space combat thing against him and here was the universe setting him up for it. Better to go out with a bang than a whimper, and Reinhardt and most of the other admirals understood that.

Some of the battles took advantage of three dimensional space to maneuver, but yeah most of them seemed to take place on a plane that both sides acknowledged.

Three dimensional battle can also end up being a clusterfuck and even the dogfighting scenes could get messy with perspectives.

I haven't read much hard scfi with space battles but I don't being more realistic automatically equals more fun.

As an aside, I really liked reading about space combat in the Mass Effect codex.

Does this series develop any sense of tension or drama later on? I'm 40 episodes in and it's been great and all so far but I don't feel like many of the characters have really struggled or developed all that much.

those idiocy are based on actual historical evidence. Not to forget the in-unverse of logh the Alliance ideology has already crumbled before the start of the show.

It is exactly it, the author stated so himself that he took the inspiration from the European war, and some subtle idea from The three kingdoms as well. It was never purely to be a sci fi war in the first place. Not to mention people seem to have failed to remember the one evidence where the show cleared stated that no matter how advance technology has gotten to, human will most likely revert back to its traditional war.

No good batch

Yang's an egoist that let his pride ruin his country.