UQ Holder

Guess who?

Also yes, anime confirmed, and series moving on to bessatsu shounen magazine.

Flashback right?

When was it?

At least the announcement confirms it'll have more pages each chapter when it's monthly.

>monthly
So instead of taking two week research breaks, he'll now be taking four week research breaks? It's just like Negima!

>anime confirmed

Will he break the curse of crap adaptations?

so the MC from UQ Holder is technically the son of negi and asuna or something like that

>negi fw

>Best girl is back

Picked up.

Im guessing a flashback

Finally.
And now make this flashback 100 chapters please.

>monthly

Fuck, he better put out 60+ pages out then

>100 chapters
>1 chapter per monthly

SHOTA NEGI IS BACK

A bit over 8 years.
That sounds like a good amount to finish Negima properly.

It's been so long, anons.

Even if the adaptation is amazing, the source material is crap anyway.

Just like Negima.

A shit flashback to a shit manga?

The part they got to adapt in anime, certainly. Mahora Festival and certain parts of Mundus Magicus would've been fun to see.

Not really.

oh looks, its worst girl

You're a moron.

Is that the vol 11 cover down there?

At least you could tell the plot had a direction in those arcs, although it lost it towards the end of Mundus Magicus when what was supposed to be a fairly clean-cut final battle kept suddenly having tons of shit added on top of it until it was resolved just as suddenly leaving a lot of things unexplained. Which is pretty much how the entirety of UQ Holder so far has worked.

That's rude, silly dude.

I hope Shaft gets this and it doesn't follow the manga at all.

UQ Holder?! incoming.

The OVAs were good tho.

Wasn't it somewhat outsourced, at least for the Mundus Magicus arc?

They weren't

No.

How big would the arseblast fallout be if Akamatsu decided to add Asuna to Touta's harem?

I hope the VA for Touta is Yuki Kaji to really drive the shittyness home.

The Yue one was good, the others not really. That they decided to adapt that instead of Negi vs Rakan and that it was the last OVA produced since they jumped into that Anime Final shit-show immediately afterwards is the real disappointment.

HACKAMATSU

The Ala Alba OAVs were nice, though.

>its a let's add more Negima characters and leave UQ characters in the dust episode

All the other cameos had failed so he's putting out Asuna now.

I wonder what someone who went into UQ Holder without reading Negima thinks about all this. It's only got much, much worse since the series began.

You sure it wasn't what the author had planned from the start?
Pretty sure manga doesn't works that way.

For those who didn't read the spoilers, Al sends Touta into some kind of illusory world of the past.

I think it's pretty annoying and boring
Negimafags probably think UQ stuff is boring

>touta

oh I thought that was Negi.

So the Asuna chick gets the same treatment like Yukihime. The "retcon" sutff Negimafags likes to rage about. I like this!

That loli race though was excellent right?

>Yet more Negima character

lmao, UQ chara got cucked out of their own manga.

UQfags btfo.

>How big would the arseblast fallout be if Akamatsu decided to add Asuna to Touta's harem?

Are people really still this mad about Negima's ending?

>You sure it wasn't what the author had planned from the start?
>Ken
>planning shit

How a story that tried to distance itself from Negima became all about Negima in its current chapters is the result of "planning" you tell me.

It is a flashback.

Even though I liked Touta as a MC more than Negi, I'm just satisfied that there will be more Asuna since she was my favorite girl. Now all I hope is that she can meet her friends again instead of waking up alone in the future (no, that rushed happy ending didn't make up for it, it felt too forced.)

>How a story that tried to distance itself from Negima
Give me source of that other than your assumption, then I believe you.

Yes.

>Even though I liked Touta as a MC more than Negi
You must be a big fan of cock

Remember when UQfags claimed that it this manga can stand without Negima?

Wew

Negi is boring, his characther development is too subtle.

Touta's development from a bitch pre-Danna, to a chill playa post-Danna was great.

No

Do they HAVE to shit up every UQ Holder thread like this?

I'm a "Negimafag" in that I found myself enjoying Negima a lot more than I have UQ Holder so far, but bogging down the plot and character with all the Negima references is actually one of the worst aspects of the series (being one of the things that makes the story as a whole feel directionless, for instance). I was soured by Negima's utter dogshit ending, but when UQ Holder was announced, I was ready to give Akamatsu another chance since it seemed it'd focus on a new cast and on the immortality concept. Instead we got Negima 2.0 (but set after the shit ending so it doesn't actually fix anything about it) and we got to the point where original characters like Karin and Santa are lucky to get a token line every ten chapters and characters visually introduced in the first volume (and who are also present in the page with the anime announcement) are still no-shows 120+ chapters in.

tl;dr: UQ Holder would be better without Negima plot points and characters acting like an albatross around its neck, even though it would likely still not be very good due to Akamatsu forgetting how to write.

Yes.

I suppose it's annoying, but how can one talk about UQ Holder without even mentioning Negima? It's not their fault, it's Ken's.

That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about shit like and and Not merely mentioning Negima, but the surge of shitposting. It reminds me of the early UQ Holder threads, back when people were sperging about Eva's hairstyle change.

Yes.

Asuna is more interesting to look at than that whore Kirie.

>to a chill playa post-Danna
This never happen. He's still a faggot especially in the latest chapter with his MUH KITTY

If you go back and read the first chapter again, you'll see that although there was stuff that'd obviously come into play later (Negi being Touta's dead "grandfather"), there were things that clearly set it apart from Negima such as the imagery of Evangeline leaving class 3-A behind and the lack of focus on overt fanservice and harem antics for the first few volumes. You can tell things radically shift into Negima atmosphere around the time of the bathhouse chapters where Kirie is suddenly in love with Touta and even Karin seems to be.

Read the manga.

He's not a bumbling retards when comforted by naked girls though.

Ah well, that's just your run-of-the-mill random shitposting. The first one seems to come from an anti-Negimafag even. I was talking about it being mentioned in actual discussion.

I really pity the people who haven't read Negima and are following UQ

This only proves that sales are declining that's why Ken's going full bait.

>don't touch my woman gramps
>faggot

Did I stumble into bizarro Sup Forums?

I don't have a problem with it being mentioned in actual discussion. It's a direct sequel, after all.

That's assumption, not a source.

Case closed.

>playing victim

UQfags are the one that start the shitposting. Negimafags have all the right to shitpost in a sequel to their series, UQfags should just shut the fuck up considering their shitty series won't even exist without Negima in the first place.

>ppplease don't touch my girl who's in love with you!

Son, this is a UQ Holder thread.
If you don't like UQ Holder, you shouldn't be here.

>UQ Holder thread.
>Negima characters

It's a sequel to Negima.

Well yes, you can't prove that he didn't originally plan to have so many Negima references, but you still notice the shift regardlessly. It doesn't come off as natural, be it intended or not.

Isn't that thanks to Salty Touta?

Its that stupid fucking race. We already have tons of fanservice chapters in the inn, nigga should've shift to a more serious arc before going for more fanservice.

Ken is a dumbshit.

Im reading UQ and have never read Negima

Uncuckable

It's just that one "he's shit he's shit he's shit" user. Get used to it.

Wait which one is soy sauce again?

Yep, this is bizarro Sup Forums.

I'm kinda mad about it since it was originally introduced as Shinobu's goal and dream as early as chapter 2 and it ended up being the vehicle for more harem and fanservice hijinks with Shinobu having to share focus with a bunch of unrelated characters until the race is crashed by bad guys anyway. Such a waste.

Kirie's, if I'm not mistaken.

Now that Negima characters are coming back, it's finally worth picking up this series, right?

True.

Shinobu and Karin could've become an interesting character. Now they're just a shitty harem bait.

Fuck, even Ayaka has some justification for liking Negi. Mizore just randomly show up and fall in love with Touta. I swear if Ken doesn't show her being a crazy stalker yandere.

FUCK NO

Unless you want to see how Ken retcons Touta into everything, no.

Although to be fair, Shinobu herself is bait due to having the same name and appearence as Shinobu from Love Hina. At least she seemed to have a different focus at first, but nope, now she's in the harem too. Welp.

Ok, then I'll just check out the chapters where they're the focus.

I don't mind the throw back to Love Hina, heck the whole inn chapters has sort of Love Hinaish feel to that. It's just that its a quite fucking waste not making Shinobu the Nodoka/Makie of UQ.

You know, the regular girl that's in love with the MC and struggle with all her limitation to help me archetype.

So, how is Tota going to self insert himself into the past this time? Is he going to be the first one to beat Fate, so Fate is secretly obsessed with him instead of Negi? Is he going to make Pacticos with 3-A instead of Negi? Is he going to teach Negi his own spells first? Is he going to teach Asuna Magic Cancel? Is he going to make Kitty fall in love with him again, instead of Negi?
It's time to make your bets, boys.

>the whole inn chapters has sort of Love Hinaish feel to that
Kek, that's an understatement. Go back and read the first chapter of Love Hina and that chapter of UQ Holder side-by-side. It's a panel-for-panel recreation from the moment Shinobu enters the inn until she's cornered by everyone else.

Child Negi is there since Al is apparently showing Touta the past.

Yeah, the inn arc/filler was pretty cool chapters. Though I dislike Mizore's entrance.

A shame that the preceding arc is shit.