"B-BUT THE US CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM ISN'T RACIST"

nytimes.com/2016/12/17/opinion/sunday/unequal-sentences-for-blacks-and-whites.html

Defend this, sharts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6UWM6IjvNI
linkedin.com/pulse/confessions-public-defender-ted-burnett
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop committing crimes and being niggers and you won't get sentenced at all.

Theres a lot of inequality for murder, blacks need to commit less.

fpbp

Address the article.

>opinion
Didn’t read.

My opinion is stop being a multiple felon.

blacks should commit less crimes. its like they don't know how to be members of society.

show me the classiest, most well educated afro man and I will be able to provoke him to physical violence within minutes. unable to say that about any other group.

they are, you twat.

that is what happens when you use canned shill talking points: "DEFEND THIS"

oh it's another study that doesn't account for severity of the crimes, previous convictions, behaviour of the perp, plea deals, etc

There's also unequal sentencing for the sexes, but no one cares about that not even Sup Forums.

Repeat offenses usually result in a longer sentence. Blacks commit more crimes, resulting in repeat offenders.

Until theres a chart for average first sentence length, this is a bullshit stat.

Blacks are repeat offenders and get longer sentences because of their records.

>opinion
wow

Laws in places where blacks live are stricter because they are attempting to further disencentivize them from committing crime.

Unfortunately they don't seem to think about what this means for them so they commit the crime anyway.

Blacks are more likely to already have a record, that's why their sentences are heavier.

Whites also break the law less, and are more likely to reform.

Niggers are fuckin animals who dont learn.

Defended.

t. didn't read the fucking article

>leftists now using stats
That shit it is going to hit back hard. How do they explain the black murder rate?

Repeat offenders get harsher sentences.
>t. Assistant to Sentencing Guidelines Commission Judge

If the sentences are unequal because of racism then we should have no trouble finding these racist judges and getting rid of them. Comb through individual cases and have them explain their decision process.

Criminals with no good family support, no good ties to the community, low education and job prospects tend to get longer jail sentences because what else can judges do with them? These are the sorts of people that are likely to become reoffenders so judges are harder on them in an effort to dissuade them from being pieces of shit. The fact is blacks are less likely to have strong family and community ties, they're less educated, and they're less employable, and its for these reasons they get longer sentences rather than racism.

>opinion
Immediately discarded
S A G E
A
G
E

>cracker goes to court in a suit and acts polite
>pays for an attorney to get a decent plea deal

>nigger goes to court a wife beater and pants below his ass
>AYYO HOL UP *smacks lips* DIS BE SOME FINNA CSI AND SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>gets maximum sentence

>Defend this, sharts
They're criminals.
They were defended.
They lost.
Who gives a fuck if a black rapist gets a year longer than a white rapist?

Quote the part of the article that disproves them.

I wonder if they care about the even greater sentencing gap between men and women

Haha

Some of it has to do if you show remorse or not. Nigs just waltz into the court room with their pants half down saying Bix nood DINDU MUHFUGGAH NOTHIN.

>NYT
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
kys you faggot bong
>in all fields

It's an opinion piece. It's not even news. If you show up to court in dirty clothes and scream at the judge "mufukka I ain't trying to hear that shit", you're going to be treated differently than people who are actually repentant. If you don't want to go to jail; don't live a life of crime. It's not a difficult concept, Mohammad.

No they aren't

>but what about black on black crime

>le just dont comit crimes

none of these arguments address the issue that black people who commit the same crimes as black people get more time, its trying to move the goal posts and distract from the original point

The problem is only visible in the average. It would be tricky to find a single judge who has sentenced both a black man and a white man for the exact same crime with the same criminal records and the same behavior after being arrested.

OP, nobody wants to open your gay article. Post a graph or articulate you're position so people can actually have a conversation with you.

>be a nigger
>commit crime
>sentenced to prison
>das raycis

Was that pretty much it?

>commit over half of all violent crime despite being less than 13% of population
>cry when you are locked up longer than everyone else
Also, EVERY non-nog Judge and prosecutor knows that blacks are more likely to reoffend, even if they are a liberal. Even if they haven't read the statistics they know this just by personal experience. And anyone who has ever seen how blacks behave in court knows that they are generally incapable of showing remorse or empathy for their victims. That's a hard thing to quantify but it goes a looong way in sentencing.

Most whites go to jail for less time because they never committed crime prior to the arrest, and we tend to learn afterwards so you dont see many white repeat offenders.
But blacks are in and out of jail by the time theyre 13 so theyre judged more harshly.

I hate the prison system, it solves nothing and only makes more problems and costs money to do so. But your comment doesnt consider any variables ya dumb cunt.

There's no such thing as race?

white convicts bring character witnesses and show remorse to get lighter sentences.

blacks double down, show no remorse, and then blame the system.

A white would bring in his preacher or a respectable white person to ask for a lenient sentence.

A black brings in someone screaming and asking the government to kill whitey.

They can already do that, all they have to do is read the article.

Someone post that lawyer's story about how blacks dress like slobs for court, disrespect the court, don't show remorse for their actions etc

OP
The circumstances weren't the same.
They just made it out like they were.
That's called "jewing the stats"

Sure just leave out that those niggers have known gang associations same with the spics.

That's just Florida. Florida doesn't represent the entire U.S.
No case is identical.

>the same behavior after being arrested.

Truly? Someone plowed through court documentation and videos for each of these sentences to determine similar behavior?

Presumably yes. It's called doing your job properly, Cletus.

>giving a shit about non-white problems
>current year
youtube.com/watch?v=u6UWM6IjvNI

so black people just HAVE to commit crimes, and you want people yo go easy on them since they can't help themselves but to rape robe murder and rape?

gas them all

In sentencing they factor in
>those victimized, how many, how badly
>your past criminal record, are you a career criminal? Have you done this same thing before?
>the type of life you appear to lead, are you a positive, contributing member of society, are you a drug dealer? Drug user? A gang banger? Do you have a job? An education? A family? Do you take part in the community positively?
>your children, and how involved you are (in the hime, or shared custody/child support if not)
>how you compose yourself in the court room
>have you started taking steps before sentencing to change yourself, your behavior, or to make amends?
>testimony of those victimized
>character witnesses to vouch for/against you

Actually think about those items.

Now you 'should' have your explanation.

That's not what he said.

>opinion columnist
Sentencing is unequal because the distribution of aggravating/mitigating factors are unequal for whites and blacks.

Once you're convicted of a crime, any crime, the range of sentencing is decided by a few factors, such as:
>plea
>admission of responsibility
>level of brutality
>concern for the victim
>remorse throughout the investigation
>cooperation with police
>likelihood of repeating the offence, or committing similar offences

If you're remorseful, polite, and intelligent enough to navigate your sentencing, you will get a lighter sentence. 90% is just keeping your damn mouth shut, only opening it to say agreeable things.

Whites are much better at this than blacks.

blacks are habitual offenders...

>nigga brit getting btfo
you'll not find a receptive audience here. try facebook!

There's one MASSIVE thing they're not accounting for
Any guesses?

Niggers plead innocent even if there's a mountain of evidence against them. White people listen to their attorney and plead guilty if there's a mountain of evidence against them.

You get sentenced more harshly for wasting the courts time. Simple as that, you limey nigger cocksucker.

you can get gasses too nigger lover

The criminal justice system isn't racist enough.

A machine gun and a ditch full of dead niggers, spiggers and other vermin would solve our crime problem.

>People who are statistically more dangerous get harsher sentences
>Racist
By that logic, our system is run by Matriarchal Asian supremacists.

>caring if a nigger got a longer sentence

we have exactly this thread every other day.

I've been in the court room for several other people, and traffic court a few times years ago..Blacks are always acting out and having to be threatened to get them to stop being a disruption.
The same is true universally for them.
>school
>work
>mall
>grocery store
>gas station
>sporting events
>concerts
>city parks
>walking down the street

Source:
>a lifetime in predominantly black areas

>spiggers

I like that. what about gooks? chiggers? My southern boys know that one already. what about street shitters?

The list wasn't comprehensive.

So, I'm dying to find out what I missed.

> presumably yes

I kek'd harder than I should

FPBP

sit down fucking white boy

>opinion

Welp.

linkedin.com/pulse/confessions-public-defender-ted-burnett

Yes, a third strike felon that wore sagging pants and a fuck the police hat to his hearing is more likely to get sentenced
Than say a first time offender for non violent crime that is a university student and wore a suit to his hearing

They don't include all the variables

yes, it looks like black violent criminals are treated more harshly than white violent criminals. this is unjust and needs to be addressed by increasing the sentence lengths of white violent criminals comparably.

as a white man i find the disparity troubling - i want the violent criminals off the streets of my community for as long as possible - i don't see why black neighbourhoods should enjoy the privilege of having their violent criminals kept off the streets at taxpayer expense for longer.

Lawyer
The skill level of the lawyer.
Blacks, on average, have less money, which means public defenders, which means worse sentences.
A lot of what was listed were things a good lawyer would instruct one on, but just saying "lawyer" really shows the flaw in their methodology IMO
If ya wanna get closer to the actually discrepancies between sentences for whites and blacks, you need to account for the lawyer, ffs.

WHY DO NIGGERS AND NIGGER LOVERS STAND UP FOR FUCKING CRIMINALS? ARE YOU ALL MENTAL?

>presumably

Well, if you're reading the Herald Tribune article the NYT referenced, you'll see that they didn't do that. The comparison is made on the basis of the judicial points system, not on courtroom behavior, remorse, whether or not the defendant took lawyer advice, the quality of that advice.

I note that their comparisons are on the basis of similar charges. White kid A received x months one the basis of a particular charge, black kid A received y months. They don't reference case specifics, typically.

Also, some of the disparity is explained thus: A judge sees a white kid and thinks of his own son, and is lenient. A judge sees a black kid with a spring in his step and a different speaking tone, and is less lenient.

So that's it? Black defendants have a spring in their step and a different tone? That's a really gentle way to classify a range of disrespectful and self-defeating courtroom behaviors.

I haven't finished reading the Tribune article yet, but I'm hoping there will be some comparisons made with courtroom transcripts or video as evidence. It's clear that blacks on average receive harsher sentences than whites in the U.S. But it's not clear that this is exclusively based on judicial racial bias.

Fun facts you can use to counter nigger shills
>But black people spend more time in jail for drugs than white people
Blatently false, niggers are caught with weed more and white people are caught with designer drugs. Weed has a harsher sentence than heroin does due to the classification.

If you look at amount of time in prison for specific drugs its nearly identical.

i wonder if they count in the repeat offenders and the amount of people convicted

Those people typically have previous arrests that influence the judgement on what is otherwise an equal charge.

>Tyrone has a drug charge but also a history of assault and weapons convictions
>Blake has a drug charge and nothing else
>Tyrone gets 5 years
>Blake gets probation

That's all it is.
t. A black guy that got a short probation on a DUI because I had no other criminal history.

they only care about statistics if it moves the goal of banning police and prisons further

>Laws are racist.

Niggers can't commit crime if they're behind bars.

No one is saying that.

This. They're very good at pushing their own statistics, and are especially good at yelling-until-correct their bullshit statistics, and then call any other statistics "unsupported fake news" and using blatant ad-hominem or strawman to discredit whole studies.

It's actually really fucked.

OHHH no the monkey can type! try and hurt me monkey, punch me through the screen you tiny dickless nigger faggot

Is the data in that article just from Florida? Why should we assume it's the case (if the Florida data is true) for the federal courts and all the states?

Just look at the discrepancy between sentences for men and women, it's even more appalling.

the article and study ignore that blacks get the higher sentence for multiple repeat offending

>image of nigger robbing and stealing
this is how you pretend to not be criminal?

Why don't black people just not commit any crimes?

>muh hypothetical strawman

kill yourself. at least put up a real strawman instead of a hypothetical one, you underage bitch

Because there's a difference between punching a person and stealing their wallet versus punching a person in front of their kids, stomping their head and stealing their wallet even though both instances are considered assault and robbery.

oh, and when you act like a retard in court and show zero remorse like nogs do because they have to act 'hard', judges see that and add on more time as it makes the person look like a sociopath.

>Repeat Offenders

Niggers are inhuman filth they commit crime go jail ..an ?

I would think it would be common sense that you won't go to jail if you don't commit a crime, but I guess common sense doesn't exist anymore.

>George commits a crime of passion - Murder.
>George stands trial.
>George is convicted.
>He stands before sentencing and apologizes to the family, cries, and wishes he could start over.
>His attorney shows that George was a community man. Hard worker. Loves his family.
>George throws himself at the mercy of the court. Admits his wrongdoing.
>George gets 30 years.

>Dion'quan kills a white man for his '08 BMW.
>Dion'quan stands trial
>Dion'quan claims he dindu nuffin
>Convicted by overwhelming evidence.
>Dion'quan stands up and taunts the family. Says whypipo gots all da good shit.
>He just wanted some of dat good shit.
>Prosecution shows a record of violent assaults, major and minor crimes stemming back 10 years.
>Dion'quan calls the judge 'lil bitch'.
>Jury sees an irredeemable animal whose family won't shut up in court.
>His mom attacks the widow. Blames her for her son's incarceration.
>Jury give Dion'quan 60-life.
>Shieeet

>trying to defend blacks
>make it sound like its stupid white boi's fault
>shows image of black-on-white mugging/ theft
How does it feel being this retarded?

Repeat offenders get more time, you stupid joo. Everyone knows this, do not pretend otherwise.

I suspect this is the main reason for muh longer sentences. If you piss off the guy with total legal power, your sentence will be harsher. It's as simple as that

OP should watch any youtube video of nogs in court and maybe he'd understand why his shitty opinion piece is bullshit

Not reading the NYT but does this article talk about whether or not the lawyer was a public defender, whether the defendant had prior arrests/convictions, or address that just because the charges were the same the fine details of the case were most likely different

go be a monkey somewhere else nigger

Unequal crime rates. Why is that missing from article hmmmmmm?

>be white man, have court date
>show up in suit, well groomed
>be humble and respectful of the criminal justice system
>refer to judge as "your honor" or "sir"
>get light sentence in accordance with your civility

>be nigger, have court date
>show up in wife beater and denim shorts
>bring 16yr old baby momma, her momma, and 5 misbehaving kids
>show no remorse for crime or respect for judicial system
>get harsher sentence in accordance with lack or civility
>muh racism

Anyone who has spent an afternoon in a courthouse knows exactly why niggers get harsher sentences