Yae? Nae?

Yae? Nae?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Laurel_doctrine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Freer the market the freer the people.

>Yea? Nay?
FTFY

>WHY IS MY SHITTY 100 DOLLAR PER MONTH APARTMENT SO RUN DOWN! ITS NOT FAIR! WHY DOESNT THE LANDLORD FIX UP MY COMPLEX
>raise rent to 200 dollars a month to afford just to keep the apartments and renovate them very slowly
>AYE DIOS MIO HES STRANGLING US OUT OF OUR APARTMENTS, I JUST WANT A NICE CHEAP APARTMENT WHY ARE ALL LANDLORDS SO EVIL!

I live in Florida, I never heard of rent control. What is it?

You are literal unable to raise the price of rent under rent control. It's designed to keep landlords from exploiting renters, but 9 out of every 10 rent controlled apartments are shit holes because they've been under rent control from the 80s. The landlords are poor as a result as the rent ceiling climbs too slowly to make enough money to restore apartments. It could very well be a major reason why ghettos look so fucking disgusting, that and niggers not paying rent.

You think rent control is tricky? Try this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Laurel_doctrine

Basically, it's illegal to raise the price of rent above a certain amount... which sounds like a good idea except that nobody will sell you a good house for the rent controlled amount, only bad houses so they don't lose money. So all the rent controlled places are super-ghettos and nobody wants to build any good houses cuz they could be rent controlled and the owner loses money.

I say aye, at least for London

But unless u solve immigration housing crisis remains

I think here it would be good because it would deter new apartment complexes, they are popping up everywhere

Leads to housing shortage and shitier living conditions. No maintenance and surrounded by niggers

Nae, we'll still be paying more than muds, because THEY ALWAYS get priority over us indigenous for council and housing association places. . London is a perfect example of this.

They get their filthy hands into every councils housing department.

Should individuals be allowed to profit of property? I get that there needs to be private landlords and rental properties but it strikes me that (((millennials))) and gen z are gonna get shafted. Property ownership is already down among under 30s. Having them pay somebodies second or third mortgage is a recipe for increasing generational economic disparity sure to implode eventually.
I don't know if rent control is the answer but if the case against it is properties and neighborhoods falling into disrepair then surely a contract between the tenant and landlord could solve this, or at least avoid the situation in places where rent control is not yet imposed?

>Should individuals be allowed to profit of property?
Yes, fuck off.

The "freer" your landlord is to raise your rent a $1000 in one month without telling you.

Can't pay? GTFO

If you want a shitty house that's barely livable but has low rent you can already get that now, what's the problem here?

If you're too stupid to have a contract with a set price for the entire lease you're an idiot. If you're a renter at all you deserve to be swindled.

a lease is re-negotiated every year with new terms subject to the owner's will whereas month-to-month has legal protections against massive increases and evictions. you don't like the new lease? get out. renting? you have the power. weird that way.

>a lease is re-negotiated every year
So what you mean is the landlord can't raise the rent without letting you know and signing a new contract? Damn.

Sure, let's go full commie when we can easily accomplish the same by having 100% taxation on rental incomes over $x.

But I'm sure you're way is cheaper and easier to implement, and wont result in entire blocks of grossly under-maintained properties.

Areas high with rent-properties leads to transient communities and a decay of community spirit and degeneracy

>(((Price Controls)))
>Yae? Nae?
NEIN YOU FUCKING COMMUNIST

that's how it works.

it's a form of price ceiling, so it's a bad idea. It has all sorts of externalities which are negative.

You also end up with unintended side effects. Here in NYC there are plenty of wealthy people who pay pennies on the dollar because the apartment has been in their family a long time. Keeping the price on some units artificially low also increases the market rate for non-controlled apartments.

Price controls lead to shortages

Pretty much a test on whether or not the subject is economically illiterate or not.