What the literal fuck is wrong with brits?

Every single time I try to use my US credit card here, they sperg the fuck out when they see there's no signature on the back.

>"atll be 22.50 mate"
>insert card
>they have a few moments of paniced bewilderment as the register starts to print receipt.
>"uhhh 'll need ta ave a signature here mate"
>sign receipt as per usual
>"DEY AIN'T NUTTIN ERE" when they turn card over
>"yes I know, we don't need that in the US. But here is a government issued ID with a name that matches the name on the card, my picture, as well as my signature"
>".....NAH MATE IT AVE TO BE ON DA CAR"
>are you fucking kidding me

man no idea either. australia was fucking annoying too at times. their bank fees are ridic!

It doesn't even make any sense. I try to be courteous to people in general, but I go from 0 to ass hole when they pull that shit

There might be many reasons to hate us, but is this really one of them? Who gives a shit just sign the card you lazy fatfuck

>not valid unless signed

ayy Imao

just sign the back of the card you mong

As a metchant the Brits are technically correct in that it isn't valid without a signature... if you were letting someone else use it. That signature is only needed if you were to give it to youe wife, your son, or your wife's son to buy something on your behalf for example.

Id is still preferred.

At this point, I'm not signing it on principle

I don't think that's a thing for our cards

It's very rare that a signature is requested where I work, which I tend to just ignore because nobody really gives a shit anyway.

I have no fucking clue what that's about.

>but is this really one of them
Though you're right, it wouldn't be a big deal, except the fucking minimum wage nig nogs acting like they're fucking Scotland Yard or some shit. That's what kills me

At Tesco they've gone to get the manager more than once

>I don't sign the back of my cards in case they get stolen and someone copies my signature

The amount of times I've heard this from yanks is too many, if the card isn't signed someone could just as easily sign the back of the card themselves and still fraudulently use it.

That's kind of my point, it's fucking useless but they still sperg out about it

>Tesco

Well then.
And what did the manager say about it all? Did it amount to "lol who gives a shit?"

Because the rest of the world moved to chip and pin 10 years ago.
Swipe + sign may as well be stone age technology at this point, you're just confusing the poor shopkeepers.

I work at Tesco and can confirm that some colleagues really do take their job that seriously. I work with a guy who refused some yank close to £200 in shopping because his signature wasn't an exact match; even the store manager agreed with him.

The poor guy even had his passport and military I.D.

It is retarded, I only ask for a signature on the back of a card when I serve yanks that are too excitable and loud lel

We have chip now

>Did it amount to "lol who gives a shit?"
Yes. They told me to sign it, but fuck it. It just the unnecessary hold up

>200 in shopping because his signature wasn't an exact match; even the store manager agreed with him.
That's the kind of retarded shit I'm talking about. I would have fucking lost it on him

For some reason we only do that with debit cards. Credit is still a signature, but only some times, often they don't need anything

>some poor retail sap tries prevent credit card fraud
>complain about it
The person was obviously a bit of a mong, but you're equally as bad.

Whats the point of signing it when the signature just rubs off in a month

Tesco St. Andrews represent.

Golfers always go mental when signatures are asked for. Never fails to make me laugh.

>The poor guy even had his passport and military I.D.
tbf they give those out to anyone with a pulse and 3 months serving in one of their hundreds of offshore bases, i'd trust my milkman's ID more than a US forces one.

How would that have prevented anything?

>steal card
>practice signature on back
>lol master thief

Did I say it was an effective method of preventing it?

it wears off

I love it when Americans sign the back of their cards "See I.D." because technically that's their signature and they would have to sign the till receipt with that.

However no-one gives a fuck where I work.

Then why make a scene over a few groceries

Then why make a scene over your laziness?

It's the principle damnit

Plus that's what we do

>>lol master thief

lel

Britfag here, been asked for my signature LITERALLY ONCE by some autistic faggot who used to work in the Co-op. God he was fucking annoying.

It's just retards who take their "job" too seriously.

>LITERALLY

Brits fucking spare us the superiority until you actually have a national identity again vis a vis the US. Right now you're basically Canada

>I love it when Americans sign the back of their cards "See I.D."
What kind of moron does that?

Still no excuse.

Probably because you look like all the other niggers using stolen cards?

Our cards are different, happens every time to me

>Right now you're basically Canada

I'm ginger as fuck, so I look like I belong here actually

Sign the card then you autist lol

You do, in fact, need a signature on the back of your US credit card. All the card issuers require it, and merchants are supposed to refuse your card if it's not signed. Only exceptions are cards that don't have a signature space.

This thread reminded me when an American I served only had his travel money in old-style Holborn £50 notes, which aren't accepted anymore.

I recall him telling me he had a little over £3000 lel

I've never had any one even check it in the us

>Ireland is England
American education

>£3000 in £50s
>using £50 notes at all
He got what he deserved.

Muh freedomz

Muh guns

Muh signature less cedit cards

For me, it would be either accept the payment or you get to put all this shit back on the shelves, and I'll take my business elsewhere.

Sign it like this, then tell those limeys to smoke a cock.

Use a card that works here then you fucking nigger

F I F T Y S I X

I need to go to bongistan now so I can troll with all my cards. I literally write "Check ID" on them all instead of signing my name.

This.

>try to pay in sterling in Greece
>'what do you MEAN i have to use your currency?!?!?!"

This is how fucking rude and obnoxious American travellers are.

But I don’t have to sign the back of my card. It doesn’t even say “not valid unless signed” and the bank made no mention of it.
Fuck off

>mfw a Britsign binned me best quadrilateral chip ‘n swipy when he saw that the signature was smudged

they give you a special pen you nigger

Laziness is my god given right as an american

>when the payment goes through without you having to enter your code

What's up with that shit, seems to just happen randomly. I buy the same shit at the same place on different days and sometimes I have to enter the code sometimes not

Lmao I'm doing that

Nigga UK is all the same shit

Well yea

It is, actually

It does work here, minimum wage bongs just lose their fucking minds when it needs a signature.

Kek

Your right, he's a white ginger, that's the opposite of England now

Fucking mongrels just sign the card. As a Tesco monkey I can say that most people don't give a fuck about whether you've signed the card.
Bear in mind that some of us either have rat shift leaders who'll sink you for "not being vigilant" or rat colleague's who'll rat you to their friends and managers (women especially do this) just to put you down because they need to make themselves feel important even though we're all in the most pleb job imaginable.

I've never had this problem and I've been all over the UK.

I think they were maybe just fucking with you?

I've never had the slightest issue in the US

It's happened too many times for that

Well I mean no one gives a shit, but you're still "supposed" to do it.

>be muslim dindu
>aquire credit card of kufar, police run a parade
>5 GBP admission, they don't let me in because it's not signed
>forge kufar's name with no ID.
>mfw today's muslim pride parade had three stonings and two beheadings

Supposed to do a lot of shit. The need of Tesco monkeys to try and enforce it do they can cling to one sliver of authority is what goes up my ass

>do they
So they

I'm serious, they might just be acting like dicks.
People are jerks to Americans there sometimes, people have been dicks to me and then pull a 180 when they find out I am not American.

Especially when booking same-day in person for hotels. I've been in the process of walking out of a "full" hotel only to be asked where I'm from, and then they find a room. Some even specifically say that they thought I was American.

>Especially when booking same-day in person for hotels. I've been in the process of walking out of a "full" hotel only to be asked where I'm from, and then they find a room. Some even specifically say that they thought I was American
You've just made it my mission to be the biggest, most arrogant ass clown these limey fuckers have ever seen.

In the US it sometimes depends on the amount you spend or what you're buying.

I never got any magic pen

Ive seen burgers with a bunch of euros here more than once.

Fucking retards lol

It's all Europe to us

>burger card
>no chip and pin
>no contactless
>must resort to cheque book
why can burgers not into cashless transactions?

>in the the best country in the world
>cleanest teeth ever
>looking fresh
>feeling good
>pay for Aquafresh Freshmint
>pay with card
>contactless
>no hassle
>smile bright
>Aquafresh

>why can burgers not into cashless transactions
Our debit cards are chip and pin, credit cards are chip and signature sometimes

Lel

>why can burgers not into cashless transactions?

Third world infrastructure and that's not a joke, it's the official position of both their parties. Remember when Trump was going to do something? Remember when Obama was going to do something? Bush and Clinton too. Yet nothing gets done and bare maintenance is barely performed.

The US government was designed to be three intersecting gears all jamming up the works, and that worked for keeping government hamstrung. Unfortunately they didn't heed the original vision of "avoiding factionalism", and are instead slaves to two crippled state parties.

It turns out you need heavy handed government mandate to roll out ambitious infrastructure plans, modern internet and tech like NFC. The US will always be behind for this reason, and more as time goes on.

if its below a certain sum u dont need to enter code in some shops

>ameriblobs don't have chip and pin
>amerikneels don't have contactless payments

lmao

If they/you run it as credit you don't need a code. Which makes me wonder why the fuck the pin is even a thing.

apparently even when they use apple/android pay they sometimes still get asked to sign. weird.
the last time i was asked to sign for buying something on a card was in the US
i hadn't realised i hadn't signed my card but the cashier just flipped it over and handed it back and OKed it anyway
it's just a formality, they don't actually check anything most of the time

UK is a nanny state, everything is dumbed down so that every nigger can follow simple steps and do work, when someone is looking.
Hence the cameras everywhere. Niggers need to feel they're being constantly watched, otherwise they slack and misbehave.

This is the only logical answer. Anyone who says otherwise is ready for some nigger to steal their identity

>Third world infrastructure
I've seen the UK now, I know that's a crock of shit. Infrastructure wise, it's not even a contest

Depends on your card/bank